• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2012 CCF Season

Pokes

^ Worrrrrd.

Most patient coach in the world, I'd say, having to deal with my waffling and constant swearing.

So, if any ladies teams out there want a trial game...

Kareem

Just got our draw for MAA4...12 games...12 bloody games. What poor excuse for a season. I'm flabbergasted! Seriously 12 games? What were they thinking!
They get more inept by the year!

Revilo

12 games??? That's bloody $20 a game!

We have 14 games, not that much better.

Two years ago we had 12 teams in our comp and we played 22 games, now we have 12/14?

Ridiculous!

Kareem - I know it won't do much, but we have a coaches/managers meeting at Wyoming tomorrow. I'll let them know that the amount of games we are getting is ridiculous, and hopefully if there's enough pressure we can get some additional games.

Kareem

They made the decision last year to downsize to a 14 game comp (or 15 games, if a 6 team comp)...and give us the guarantee of playing ALL washouts...the only issue?
There are 87 MAA teams this season. so 10 leagues= 8 teams, and 1= 7...our 7 team league = 14 rds, with 12 matches, and 2 byes!

I think this is plain and simple the lazy scenario from CCF

Thanks for the sentiment Rev, but I don't think your complaints will be in the same category.
I know heaps of people complained about 14 games last year. And heaps are complaining this year. But as far I know CCF are iron fist on this policy.
This is an unlikely scenario where they've gone further below...I'm just so pissed of right now!
I'm at a loss for words!

marinermick

I was all in favour of 14 games guaranteed because we were playing around 14 in previous seasons anyway.

However twelve is just a plain joke.

darrensprod

Every player on the Central Coast is guaranteed 14 Games. If your draw only shows 12 now then extra games will be added. This is the case for 5 and 7 team comps where there are byes. Clubs are aware of this but I will ensure the explanation of how this will happen is posted on the CCF website and sent to clubs again.

Once again the reason that we can no longer do 21 games etc is that we now only have grounds from council from the middle weekend in April until the end of August (not September)

Regards

Darren Sprod

Revilo

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the info.

Has CCF considered removing the final season and just having an EPL style competition - no finals, just regular season games with the team at the top of the table the winner?

Yes, we lose the final system that is ingrained in Australian sport, but it gives an extra few games for all teams.

Do you think this trade-off for more games is a valid alternative?

Kareem

Sorry Darren. I was very pissed off last night.
I realise looking back at my post...I sound pretty rude.
I shouldn't have called CCF lazy before checking the facts
My apologies!

Revilo

http://www.ccfootball.com.au/mydocs/2012%20Competition/CCF%20Rules%20and%20Regulations%202012.pdf

I have been reading the competition information above, but can't find where it talks about MAA and WAA filling in for higher ranked teams.

1. I am playing MAA9's and may fill in for the MAA5's (I believe) as I was in the 9's filling in for the sixes last year. Is this correct?

2. In WAA, can a WAA5's fill in for the WAA3's?

Nathan Byrn

My kids are playing 17 games weather permitting. 9, 7 and 5's. Been chatting to Soccer 5's about the possibilty of over 35's and 45's playing 20 games min a year on Saturday. Few clubs interested.

darrensprod

http://www.ccfootball.com.au/mydocs/2012%20Competition/CCF%20Rules%20and%20Regulations%202012.pdf

I have been reading the competition information above, but can't find where it talks about MAA and WAA filling in for higher ranked teams.

1. I am playing MAA9's and may fill in for the MAA5's (I believe) as I was in the 9's filling in for the sixes last year. Is this correct?

2. In WAA, can a WAA5's fill in for the WAA3's?

Yeah mate you can play up in the same league. i.e MAA9 can backup for any MAA grade above 9 (e.g MAA8-MAA1) Same for women's league and o35s etc.

darrensprod

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the info.

Has CCF considered removing the final season and just having an EPL style competition - no finals, just regular season games with the team at the top of the table the winner?

Yes, we lose the final system that is ingrained in Australian sport, but it gives an extra few games for all teams.

Do you think this trade-off for more games is a valid alternative?

We did a survey and asked our clubs and they were clear that they wanted the final series. What we are looking at (and trialing this year in o35's) is a shortened final series 1v4, 2v3, winners straight to Grandfinal and losers eliminated. No final.

That would give us 1 extra week. If we then were able to play on both the June long weekend and the July school holidays we would gain another 2. If we programmed the final series and then the first event to go was final series if we run out of weeks I would be interested in the players feedback?

This would need to be put before the competitions forum at the end of the season but any feedback on this idea would be appreciated. We could possibly program more round games (18) have 1 week up our sleeve for washouts and then as a last resort remove final series. other associations do this.

Any thoughts?

Bladesman

We did a survey and asked our clubs and they were clear that they wanted the final series. What we are looking at (and trialing this year in o35's) is a shortened final series 1v4, 2v3, winners straight to Grandfinal and losers eliminated. No final.

That would give us 1 extra week. If we then were able to play on both the June long weekend and the July school holidays we would gain another 2. If we programmed the final series and then the first event to go was final series if we run out of weeks I would be interested in the players feedback?

This would need to be put before the competitions forum at the end of the season but any feedback on this idea would be appreciated. We could possibly program more round games (18) have 1 week up our sleeve for washouts and then as a last resort remove final series. other associations do this.

Any thoughts?

Darren,

When you said you did a survey and asked the clubs did you ask the club representatives or the actual members themselves? As certainly at my club there was not polling of the members to actually get their opinion. Clubs seem to like the prestige of being the Grand Final Winners whereas a lot of people I speak with would like more games and thus more value for money out of their registration fees.

I know with Central Coast Cricket they actually survey the members about proposed competition changes as opposed to the clubs.

Surely now we all have an FFA number that allows us to be identified as vaild participants we should be able to survey the CCF members as opposed to the clubs for such big issues?

Revilo

Thanks Darren!

Agree with the above, more games is better!

However, Bladesman, there will still be a winner of the league which would then take over from the winner of the grand final, so clubs still get to have ahat claim :)

And also, CCF would have our emails? Perhaps they can send out a group email to all CCF registered players, and link them to a poll.

marinermick

Was just wondering if any teams out there have got a dispensation for a 17th player.

My girls team have been refused despite:
- two girls only being available half the time
- two girls leaving in June
- a number of girls still not understanding the concept of a team sport and likely to miss games whenever they want.
- two girls currently injured.

The CCF reasoning is that they don't want players missing out yet I know there is a 100% chance of this not happening. I will probably be playing games with less than 11 players.

dibo

Was just wondering if any teams out there have got a dispensation for a 17th player.

My girls team have been refused despite:
- two girls only being available half the time
- two girls leaving in June
- a number of girls still not understanding the concept of a team sport and likely to miss games whenever they want.
- two girls currently injured.

The CCF reasoning is that they don't want players missing out yet I know there is a 100% chance of this not happening. I will probably be playing games with less than 11 players.

Seriously? Our association has no cap, and for good reason. Last year I had 17 signed, and we played *several* games with <11 players. We even had a forfeit for want of players, my first in 22 seasons.

This year I'm signing 20. I had 17 signed up in time for last week's game, and we ended the match with 2 available on the bench and cramp city on the park as we sweated our way to a 2-1 win over a Cove team.

dibo

There are injuries, travel, weddings, illness, skiing holidays and surprise work secondments to Mongolia (that really happened to a bloke in my team last year)... And if all else fails, the coach sits out the day, you have a roster, or ths last person there/anyone who missed training sits out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred