• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2012 CCF Season

marinermick

There are injuries, travel, weddings, illness, skiing holidays and surprise work secondments to Mongolia (that really happened to a bloke in my team last year)... And if all else fails, the coach sits out the day, you have a roster, or ths last person there/anyone who missed training sits out.

Exactly and don't forget pregnancies when coaching a ladies team aged between 25 and 40.

The extra player will make a huge difference to us.

Ted

I'm not (and neither are many players) a fan of the match balls supplied to clubs for the junior comps. A size 5 looks like a size 4 and the balls seem to be a bit light in comparison to other brand match balls...

Bladesman

I have to say I did question whether ours was actually round and the kids were commenting on why we were playing with a novelty Macca's ball.

It would have been nice if they would have provided us with a branded ball but like a lot of the clubs I think that the few $ they save on non-branded is probablly attractive even though from what I have seen over the years it is a false economy as the branded balls come with a guarentte for both quality and shape of either 1 or 2 years where as I have seen the non brand disintegrate mid training and game even though they looked ok.

Nathan Byrn

I have to say I did question whether ours was actually round and the kids were commenting on why we were playing with a novelty Macca's ball.

It would have been nice if they would have provided us with a branded ball but like a lot of the clubs I think that the few $ they save on non-branded is probablly attractive even though from what I have seen over the years it is a false economy as the branded balls come with a guarentte for both quality and shape of either 1 or 2 years where as I have seen the non brand disintegrate mid training and game even though they looked ok.
I thought they looked ok!How much did they cost you?

hasbeen

Was just wondering if any teams out there have got a dispensation for a 17th player.

My girls team have been refused despite:
- two girls only being available half the time
- two girls leaving in June
- a number of girls still not understanding the concept of a team sport and likely to miss games whenever they want.
- two girls currently injured.

The CCF reasoning is that they don't want players missing out yet I know there is a 100% chance of this not happening. I will probably be playing games with less than 11 players.

O35's are allowed 20 on the books but only 16 on the sheet on game day, which means potentially 4 players not playing each week. Not too much of a problem given all the scenarios for players being away (kids, work, injury etc ... ) The real issue comes if you make the Finals and you're still allowed only 16. The Clubs are aware of this and know the consequences, so it shouldn't be up to the CCF to say no.

Bladesman

It has cost the team over $2000 to play football and we all know the various agreements about the value for money or not compared to other sports so it is not an overly great expectation for a small portion of that to maybe provide a match branded match ball (not sure about other clubs but it is the only new piece of kit our team got).

The other piece it is was the kids who commented on the ball, maybe it is wrong that they are all brainwashed into wanting the Nike, Adidas etc but at the end of the day that is what most of themn have for their own balls they are comparing it to, so for all of the best intentions of providing a ball it certainly didn't hit home with the teenagers in our team.

Pokes

Also, what is a WAA6 team to do, if we are short? Other groups can take from the 18's, or a lower grade. We are the lowest grade, and our club does not have an 18s Womens team... seems highly unfair.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami