• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2012/13 A League Draw

finally retired

the 2012/13 season draw announced today http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/aleague/results
and confirmed the Mariners will play Western Sydney "whatever" in round 1, at wherever on 6th October.

adz

Staff member
Mariners draw...

Sat 6 Oct 12 7:45pm Western Sydney Vs CCMFC TBA

Sun 14 Oct 12 5:00pm CCMFC Vs Perth Glory FC Bluetongue Stadium

Sat 20 Oct 12 5:30pm Newcastle Jets FC Vs CCMFC Hunter Stadium

Sun 28 Oct 12 3:00pm Melbourne Heart FC Vs CCMFC AAMI Park

Sat 3 Nov 12 7:30pm CCMFC Vs Sydney FC Bluetongue Stadium

Sun 11 Nov 12 4:30pm Wellington Phoenix FC Vs CCMFC Westpac Stadium

Sat 17 Nov 12 7:45pm Melbourne Victory FC Vs CCMFC Etihad Stadium

Sun 25 Nov 12 5:00pm CCMFC Vs Brisbane Roar FC Bluetongue Stadium

Sat 1 Dec 12 5:30pm CCMFC Vs Adelaide United FC Bluetongue Stadium

Sat 8 Dec 12 7:45pm Newcastle Jets FC Vs CCMFC Hunter Stadium

Fri 14 Dec 12 7:30pm CCMFC Vs Melbourne Heart FC Bluetongue Stadium

Sat 22 Dec 12 5:00pm Wellington Phoenix FC Vs CCMFC Westpac Stadium

Thu 27 Dec 12 7:30pm Sydney FC Vs CCMFC Allianz Stadium

Mon 31 Dec 12 6:00pm CCMFC Vs Perth Glory FC Bluetongue Stadium

Sun 6 Jan 13 6:00pm Western Sydney Vs CCMFC TBA

Sat 12 Jan 13 5:30pm Melbourne Victory FC Vs CCMFC Aurora Stadium, Launceston

Sat 19 Jan 13 7:45pm CCMFC Vs Newcastle Jets FC Bluetongue Stadium

Fri 25 Jan 13 7:30pm CCMFC Vs Adelaide United FC Bluetongue Stadium

Fri 1 Feb 13 7:00pm Brisbane Roar FC Vs CCMFC Suncorp Stadium

Thu 7 Feb 13 7:00pm CCMFC Vs Wellington Phoenix FC Bluetongue Stadium

Sat 16 Feb 13 6:45pm Perth Glory FC Vs CCMFC nib Stadium

Sat 23 Feb 13 7:45pm CCMFC Vs Melbourne Victory FC Bluetongue Stadium

Sat 2 Mar 13 7:45pm CCMFC Vs Western Sydney Bluetongue Stadium

Sat 9 Mar 13 5:30pm Sydney FC Vs CCMFC Allianz Stadium

Sun 17 Mar 13 5:00pm CCMFC Vs Brisbane Roar FC Bluetongue Stadium

Sun 24 Mar 13 6:30pm Adelaide United FC Vs CCMFC Hindmarsh Stadium

Sat 30 Mar 13 5:30pm CCMFC Vs Melbourne Heart FC Bluetongue Stadium

midfielder

Love that we only have five games that kick off at 5:00 or 5:30 ... the latter starting games always better crowds...

Don't like the flow of the games sometimes two in a row and sometimes two away...

adz

Staff member
Yeah looks like most of our big home games are on Saturday night. A few good away opportunities there too. Melbourne on a Saturday night is great. Would be good to get a big crowd down for the game in Tassie.

Gibbsy

Overall I think our crowds will suffer again this season.

* 1 Thursday night game
* 2 Friday night games
* 6 Saturday night games (2x 5:30pm and 4x 7:30pm)
* 3 Sunday afternoon games
* 1 Monday game (New Years Eve).

I think it's safe to say that our only hope for decent crowds are the Saturday night games. We have proven with the ACL that weeknights (Thursday match) draw very poor crowds and whilst Friday is largely untried with us, attendances are likely to be poor (families doing other things, etc). Sunday afternoon crowds are average at best also.

midfielder

As I said before I love that we only have five games that kick off at 5:00 or 5:30 … the latter starting games always better crowds… of our 5:00 or 5:30 starts they are spread around a bit this time.. further most of the 5:00 & :30 games are not in summer when we have trouble getting people away from the water…

Sunday … 3 games
Saturday .. 2 games … V AU & Heart

Don’t like the flow of the games sometimes two in a row and sometimes two away… see notes below…

On balance our best ever draw but don’t like the move away from home away each week

To our Home Draw…

Sun 14 Oct 12 5:00pm CCMFC Vs Perth Glory FC Bluetongue Stadium

Sat 3 Nov 12 7:30pm CCMFC Vs Sydney FC Bluetongue Stadium

Sun 25 Nov 12 5:00pm CCMFC Vs Brisbane Roar FC Bluetongue Stadium … no break to the next week

Sat 1 Dec 12 5:30pm CCMFC Vs Adelaide United FC Bluetongue Stadium … follows on from the previous week

Fri 14 Dec 12 7:30pm CCMFC Vs Melbourne Heart FC Bluetongue Stadium

Mon 31 Dec 12 6:00pm CCMFC Vs Perth Glory FC Bluetongue Stadium

Sat 19 Jan 13 7:45pm CCMFC Vs Newcastle Jets FC Bluetongue Stadium … no break to the next week

Fri 25 Jan 13 7:30pm CCMFC Vs Adelaide United FC Bluetongue Stadium … follows on from the previous week

Thu 7 Feb 13 7:00pm CCMFC Vs Wellington Phoenix FC Bluetongue Stadium

Sat 23 Feb 13 7:45pm CCMFC Vs Melbourne Victory FC Bluetongue Stadium … no break to the next week

Sat 2 Mar 13 7:45pm CCMFC Vs Western Sydney Bluetongue Stadium … … follows on from the previous week

Sun 17 Mar 13 5:00pm CCMFC Vs Brisbane Roar FC Bluetongue Stadium

Sat 30 Mar 13 5:30pm CCMFC Vs Melbourne Heart FC Bluetongue Stadium

finally retired

* 1 Thursday night game
* 2 Friday night games

I think it's safe to say that our only hope for decent crowds are the Saturday night games. We have proven with the ACL that weeknights (Thursday match) draw very poor crowds and whilst Friday is largely untried with us, attendances are likely to be poor (families doing other things, etc). Sunday afternoon crowds are average at best also.

given the high number of commuters on the coast, any games that are not weekend will always draw lower crowds.... I commute and it only takes one traffic jam/prang/lights or a train breakdown to screww things up mightily.....the number of times it's taken me well over 2 hours before I get home really irks me, and I usually manage to leave the office by 4:30. So for those who can't get away until 5:00pm, it can be a huge problem. But "luckily" that only has the potential to impact 3 games (well...4 if you count NYE, but who wants to works then anyway)

midfielder

* 1 Thursday night game
* 2 Friday night games

I think both Friday & Saturday nights get good crowds...

What sticks in my craw is with SFC, WS & the SCUM we only get three derby games... hopefully next season we get six .. plus add the New Year game... so four games that of themselves should get a reasonable crowd... the Sunday games at least are not in summer ... 14 Oct, 25 Nov & 17 Mar...

Forum Phoenix

I agree with most of what's already been said (and thanks for the pdf Kev)

Unfortunately I think Gibbsy is right. Of 13 games we have four in our best time slot. So that's 30%. Friday night will not see big crowds. No chance.

2 home games in the first seven rounds. Thanks on that one as usual FFA. :rolleyes:

Also having one home - two away as the dominant rhythm for the first 16 rounds, with a total of only 6 home games in 16,
will again do us no favours at all in building support and getting connection. You need a bit more continuity than that.

Nor should having so many away games in the first half help any team in terms of table and results. However we always seem to do quite well...

However we then always seem to gas in the second half of the season. And they call us chokers, but statistically it also matches with a club that plays itself out a little with too much away football and we always lose a bit of rhythm just when we all hope we will take advantage of our upcoming home spree of matches at last... but instead they perform terribly for the first few... crowds fall... people whinge and start doomsaying... our team is a bit psyched out by it all... but fight on... then we gradually claw our way back to form by the last round again. Personally I think I'm onto something.

Middy you make a good potentially quite frustrating point re the derbies, but the upside of this scenario is that it cuts back our travel time by having these games counting among our away games. I'd prefer that and the further good news that we have of Perth at home twice. That's a win. Unfortunately we do cop Welly away twice though.

West Syd vs a GCU team is def a good thing for us in this regard too. (worse for Roar too :)) And being placed pretty evenly distance wise between 3 other teams is big plus. Maybe that's why they screw always us on the first half of the draw?

Anyhow, 7 in the last 11 is typical, and proven to hurt our crowds with exception of NYE. It's overkill on the casual supporters, presuming too much on their time, budget and concentrated interest I think.

But yes, after all that, ironically I also still agree, this this is prob the best draw we have had at least for a while. I mean at least we never go six straight weeks without a home game. That's disgraceful to the point of club destroying as far as I'm concerned.

:naughty:

some guy

Very happy with the draw- the addition of another Sydney team, and the fact we play both Sydney teams away twice means not only that personally it will it be much easier for me to get to more games (living in Sydney's north) but also that these short trips will replace other potentially longer trips we could've had (as well as Newcastle) (eg we only go to Perth once), and actually only have 8/27 games outside NSW in the whole season.

Also good to see very limited travel around ACL time.

pjennings

I'm from Western Sydney originally and want to see a number of the WSW home games. What I like is that of the 135 games there are 52 NSW home games on 48 different days. Our only home clash with a WSW home clash is on Feb 23.

Forum Phoenix

Cheers. Missed that.

First off, less football always = disappointing.

No second chance anymore.
Makes winning the plate/finishing top two less important, and no 1 v 2 clash, unless they both win their respective games,
means the top two team s may never meet in the finals...

Not sure how i feel about that... But maybe a change is just what we need in order to at last claim the toilet seat.

midfielder

Cheers. Missed that.

First off, less football always = disappointing.

No second chance anymore.
Makes winning the plate/finishing top two less important, and no 1 v 2 clash, unless they both win their respective games,
means the top two team s may never meet in the finals...

Not sure how i feel about that... But maybe a change is just what we need in order to at last claim the toilet seat.

Me thinks it could be the ACL matches clashing ... this way FFA can avoid the clash

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred