• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2010 AFC Champions League

bulldogmariner

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/118300,aleague-acl-rivals-revealed.aspx

Tough draw for both Australian teams. Adelaide have to play the current holders Pohang.

goingtoadisco

How come the J-league has a spot for a team in the draw without giving the team name (J-League cup winner) but the A-league cant do the same ?

I mean if Adelaide were to go into the ACl now.... imagine the cannon fodder they would be for the A-league haters of the Terrorgraph ?

Jesus

Jesus
goingtoadisco said:
How come the J-league has a spot for a team in the draw without giving the team name (J-League cup winner) but the A-league cant do the same ?

I mean if Adelaide were to go into the ACl now.... imagine the cannon fodder they would be for the A-league haters of the Terrorgraph ?

am wondering the same. I thought we couldnt have teams from current season because they didnt want to have team a and team on the list?

serious14

Someone at the AFC doesn't like us.....

I know I normally cry "conspiracy" at most things, but come on, this is blatant.

Sym

Adelaide have a good record v Pohang

pohang...should of been Kwassies bitch.

dru

Jesus said:
goingtoadisco said:

am wondering the same. I thought we couldnt have teams from current season because they didnt want to have team a and team on the list?
It is to do with the dates squads need to be submitted to the AFC not the date of the draw. You will probably find in two groups there are some still unamed teams that go through the ACL qualifying stages. Our comp runs to long, where as the J league cup will be done and dusted on January 1st.

1st group matches are played 23rd and 24th of Feb, our regular season ends on the 14th of Feb. Cup final isn't till 20th of March or just before match day 3.

kevrenor

Adelaide United FC can confirm that Coach Aurelio Vidmar is not eligible to be registered as the clubs Head Coach for the AFC Champions League 2010.

The club was made aware of the situation after an announcement by the Asian Football Confederation (AFC), which states in its regulations that the registered Head Coach for all teams in the 2010 AFC Champions League must possess the AFC A Licence, which Vidmar does not have yet due to reasons beyond his control.

Since joining AFC and adopting the AFC Coach Education curriculum, FFA has been conducting Pro A, B and C Licence courses in Australia, with the first courses being conducted in 2007.

Vidmar has been in regular communication with FFAs Coach Education Department in an effort to complete the appropriate courses, however the fact that Vidmar had commitments in the ACL in 2007 and 2008 has made it impossible for him to attend the many weeks of attendance required.

Adelaide United Youth Team Coach Joe Mullen, who has the necessary coaching licences, will take on the Head Coach title for the AFC Champions League, although Vidmar will still be in charge of the teams management.

Jesus

Jesus
Is pretty crazy, but the FFA have been pushing up the standars so this sort of thing wont happen. Insane that the AFC have not given it a little more time to sink in, or make exceptions for those currently studying the course.

kevrenor

10:30pm Fox Sports 1 - Beijing Guoan vs Melbourne Victory from China

Of interest - BG should include sackwacker and his brother ryan, and MV should have Disco Nik.

Tomorrow night in Adelaide are the Reds vs Pohang Steelers

midfielder

Actually would love the Tards to go tho ... Inbreds when they went close had heaps of media... would love the Trads to do it just to get some decent media in Melbourne..... even the axis of evil (Ch 7, 3AW, Herald Sun) would find it hard not to be positive...

kevrenor

0-0 HT  3mins stoppage time with referee Albedwai having had a laser shone in his eyes.

Sackwacker having a good game, Ryan left out of squad.

Nik not having a good game.

Beijing on top without having many real chances - 2 good stops from Langerack and MV defence in depth.

serious14

1-0 at fulltime. Mrdja missed two blatant opportunities - Melbourne look exhausted. Sydney or the 'Nux to win the Post Season Cup.

Dr Nick

sorry ive been out of the country and therefore 'the loop' for five weeks, but didnt scumcastle say they wouldnt let sackwhacker go back to beijing?

curious

serious14 said:
marinermick said:
serious14 said:
Just quietly - what is with that pitch??

an improvement on the dome

True - but I've been to that stadium twice before, and both times it was _pristine_.  A deliberate ploy to counter Hernandez perhaps??
what months were you there?
Dec/Jan/Feb minimum temp averages -9/10 deg. cel with -18/19 common. The pitch looked  freeze burned and dormant and that can't be manufactured.

serious14

curious said:
serious14 said:
marinermick said:
serious14 said:
Just quietly - what is with that pitch??

an improvement on the dome

True - but I've been to that stadium twice before, and both times it was _pristine_.  A deliberate ploy to counter Hernandez perhaps??
what months were you there?
Dec/Jan/Feb minimum temp averages -9/10 deg. cel with -18/19 common. The pitch looked  freeze burned and dormant and that can't be manufactured.

Feb/March, and August.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred