• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

14100 - you're 'aving a larf

marinermick

The crowd figure for the Knights v Roosters game at Bluetongue was around 14100.

Watched some of the footage and there were no more than 8000 - and I guess most of these were from Newcastle or Bondi.

The bottom tier of the eastern stand was nearly empty.

Bear

CCLC car park was full before 1pm, but didnt see many people walking up. Im fine with them bumping up the crowd as much as they like, it still wont make the game any less shit

northernspirit

my guess is somewhere between 8 and 14 probably 10k... drove past and noticed the western stand reasonably well filled but the eastern stand was very bare... no way in hell was it 14k, im amazed noone makes a bigger deal of this, its blatant figure fudging and is dishonest to say the least... then at the end of the season theyll announce a crowd average which is way off what it should be, i actually think the a-league is on par if not higher on crowds now

Auburn Mariner

Could I suggest that with the weather being foul, that this might have represented ticket sales but not the actual bodies in the stadium?

I have confidence that the Mariners do not fudge figures any more.

I should declare my interest here, I do NOT hate Rugby League, and I am a Rooster man as well.

northernspirit

perhaps that is the case, although the NRL are notorious for giving away stacks of free tickets - looks like even those are counted - surely attendance figures should be for the numbers that come through the turnstyles

Paolo

northernspirit said:
perhaps that is the case, although the NRL are notorious for giving away stacks of free tickets -
unlike the hundreds(maybe 1000s) of free tickets the mariners give out to school kids, sponsors and sporting clubs???

adz

Staff member
keensy said:
northernspirit said:
perhaps that is the case, although the NRL are notorious for giving away stacks of free tickets -
unlike the hundreds(maybe 1000s) of free tickets the mariners give out to school kids, sponsors and sporting clubs???

I think you've missed the point here, it's not that the tickets are given away, it's the NRL counting tickets they gave away as attendance, whether they are used or not... I might be wrong too tho :p

Paolo

adz said:
keensy said:
northernspirit said:

I think you've missed the point here, it's not that the tickets are given away, it's the NRL counting tickets they gave away as attendance, whether they are used or not... I might be wrong too tho :p
maybe those people were at the match and had grey coloured clothes on which when all grouped together spelt out 'go bears' 8)

adz

Staff member
lol so the ground was really packed with dedicated Bears fans doing a tifo ;D

Paolo

adz said:
lol so the ground was really packed with dedicated Bears fans doing a tifo ;D
Correct, or they were doing a card display for 80mins which was identical to the seat colours and design.

Was a form of protest

Atomic

What's the significance of the crowd figures??? It seems to me that y'all are getting worked up over nothing. Unless crowd figures are tied to funding or sponsorship then does it matter what number is posted? After all, you'd have to be Blind Freddie not to see all of the empty seats at BT on Sunday

Sean

I just want it to be known to all those red necked sausage eating Rugby League fans (the ones who regard Football as a game for sheilas, wogs and poofters) that Football is more popular than League and that their great game is dieing in the ass.

Gav...

Perm said:
Does NRL still give its juniors free tickets to every game?

Yes, they still do. So they probaly include those tickets in the attendnece. so the 1's that they gave out in that area

MrCelery

Auburn Mariner said:
I should declare my interest here, I do NOT hate Rugby League, and I am a Rooster man as well.

Auburn Mariner in Bay 16:

rooster.jpg

FFC Mariner

I thought it was all a bit sad really.

The NRL trying to convince themselves that they have done something special for the Central Coast by playing a few games at BT.

Lets face it boys, you f**ked up big time and nothing you ever do (short of a CC team) can remedy it.

Boo frickedy hoo

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred