• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

13 Feb v Homeless FC (Perth)

Ozhammer

For the record, I don't think Miller is a bad player, I think he is a poor defender.
Like Snake he is an athletic Right Mid at best.
Hmmm, I think we all need to recognise that he is a CB playing out of his natural position and that is how he should be judged imo.

I also disagree that he can’t defend, as he showed more than enough for me personally in yesterday’s game. Perhaps he is showcasing his wares to force through the rumoured move to Methcarthur but if he keeps putting in shifts like that between now and the end of the season, that’s ok with me.

Rising Sun

TBH I prefer Miller at RB than CB. I think his overt displays of displeasure piss off referees and would be a very dangerous things for a CB
I don't think I have seen him as animated or as a theatrical as he has been this season, so maybe there is the possibility for him to rein it in a bit without impacting the aggression with which he plays.

He has only picked up 1 yellow this season - compared to Faz's 5 and Roux's 2. Given the aggression / physicality with which he plays, and the fact that he probably does rub some refs up the wrong way, that is probably testimony to his defending (I have on the view that he has improved this season and is a good defender at RB).
More licence and freedom on the right.
If he is looking to advance his career he should stay there, stay un-injured and could easily find himself with some good opportunities.
For the same reason he was encouraged to convert to RB for the Mariners - not much competition for first grade jerseys - I think he is also a potential bolter for the Socceroos. Given the scarcity of other options, I would be inclined to at least have him on the bench for the next two must win games. If things aren't going well then Rhyan Grant or Karacic on current form aren't going to provide any spark, but Lewis with his "don't die wondering" attitude might just be able to.

Tevor

I don't think I have seen him as animated or as a theatrical as he has been this season, so maybe there is the possibility for him to rein it in a bit without impacting the aggression with which he plays.

He has only picked up 1 yellow this season - compared to Faz's 5 and Roux's 2. Given the aggression / physicality with which he plays, and the fact that he probably does rub some refs up the wrong way, that is probably testimony to his defending (I have on the view that he has improved this season and is a good defender at RB).

For the same reason he was encouraged to convert to RB for the Mariners - not much competition for first grade jerseys - I think he is also a potential bolter for the Socceroos. Given the scarcity of other options, I would be inclined to at least have him on the bench for the next two must win games. If things aren't going well then Rhyan Grant or Karacic on current form aren't going to provide any spark, but Lewis with his "don't die wondering" attitude might just be able to.
Very good point about the yellow cards.

Ironbark

The lad can defend.

I just feel that now he has developed the attacking part of his game it would be a waste not to use it. Surely he enjoys getting forward and applying that aggression, and his tricky dribbles in are as good as any in the team at times. He provides assists. All that goes away if he moves across to CB.

Rising Sun

Grant is playing like shit at the moment
Yes, that's exactly what I said except much more politely ?.

Given that Grant is the benchmark then Miller only has to maintain current form against the stronger opposition we have coming up (which he will) to be a shoe-in to be at least in the squad.

Kye should be in the squad and C-D is in with a good shout, so we could be depleted that weekend. It's a good job we don't play in sky blue or else Oli would be in the squad as well and probably Hall for the experience.

Tevor

Yes, that's exactly what I said except much more politely ?.

Given that Grant is the benchmark then Miller only has to maintain current form against the stronger opposition we have coming up (which he will) to be a shoe-in to be at least in the squad.

Kye should be in the squad and C-D is in with a good shout, so we could be depleted that weekend. It's a good job we don't play in sky blue or else Oli would be in the squad as well and probably Hall for the experience.
I don't disagree with your but Arnie will not change the squad much as he keeps is mates in there and that is his biggest problem. There are plenty playing and showing more in the A league from other teams than half the current squad at the moment but don't get a chance. Kye is realistically the only one which may get a squad spot again. Cummings hasn't been here long enough to be included IMO.

turbo

I don't disagree with your but Arnie will not change the squad much as he keeps is mates in there and that is his biggest problem. There are plenty playing and showing more in the A league from other teams than half the current squad at the moment but don't get a chance.
Exactly this. Same with King getting a look in.

Rising Sun

I don't disagree with your but Arnie will not change the squad much as he keeps is mates in there and that is his biggest problem. There are plenty playing and showing more in the A league from other teams than half the current squad at the moment but don't get a chance. Kye is realistically the only one which may get a squad spot again. Cummings hasn't been here long enough to be included IMO.
If we don't beat Japan then the Saudi game will be a dead rubber and a rare chance to experiment and see if he can freshen things up. But agree that it probably won't happen

pjennings

I reckon the chances of Arnie picking Miller are as close to zero as makes no difference. Whether thats fair or not is another matter but he will trust his mates.
Thats why we need a complete reboot
I don't see Arnie and his mates any different than Ange and his mates. McKay at LB - WTF!! That doesn't mean it isn't a valid criticism - just that it is a fault with many coaches. But it does seem to be trotted out at Arnie in particular. There are plenty of complaints that can be made - it just looks like shorthand for I don't like Arnie. My particular beef is that we haven't identified why the standard of our players is going backwards (on the whole) in relation to the rest of the world. Something a coach has little control over.

What has this to do with CCM vs Perth - absolutely nothing- just on a rant.

Last edited:

FFC Mariner

I have my tickets for the Japan match (apparently sales are very slow) and will trudge along with the other poor bastards to watch what drivel he serves up.
Leckie as a lone striker? Tappy McTap in proving he cant play at this level?
Fully expecting Japan to tear them a new one

pjennings

At least might get too see some nice team goals.
Not from us of-course but still good watching.
The sad fact we are struggling is extra sad because I think the better traditional East Asia teams like Japan and South Korea are at a low point as well - we are just lower.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb