• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

11 years.

Were you there?

• Yes

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Wombat

Sure was.

1st game at BT was v Newcastle wasn't it?

When Mdrja broke a Scummers leg.

FFC Mariner

Durantes leg followed by a punch up in the tunnel.

Was a terrible tackle too. Over the top. Clear red and he got away with it

pjennings

I never saw a replay but live I thought that Durante had lunged two footed at Nick. He definitely came down on his leg, whether intentionally or not.

Mrdja and Crawley then spent 10 hours in Emergency trying to see him and apologise and were constantly turned away by Jets officials. Durante followed up during the following week saying the worst thing was that Mrdja and the Mariners made no attempt to talk to him or apologise.

pjennings

Saw a supposed closed game against Blacktown City at CCS - not sure of the date (I think before the CWC tournament). Poor guys getting yelled at by Lawrie, Fergie and Creepy (the onfield coach)

Gratis

I was at the first BT game but freely admit I was merely an interested party and not a fully fledged supporter yet

MagpieMariner

My 1st game was a pre-season game against Perth, we lost 4-2. Not sure if it was season 2 or 3, probably 3. Didn't follow football much b4 that.

Atomic

I was there!

It was my very first game of sokkah. I am a born and bred RL fan, born and raised in Penrith... a dyed in the wool Panthers fan. Never watched a game of football in my life. The only reason I took Mrs Atomic and the daughter of one of the investors of the club (hence my claim to having some inside knowledge of what's going on behind the scenes from time to time) is because I wanted a Coast team to succeed in a national competition. We could have been playing tidily winks, it wouldn't have mattered, so long as it was part of a national comp, we would've been there.

Anyway, when Durante when down, I said to the Old Girl, "if this game wants to succeed on the Coast, then they need to stop carrying on like cry babies" I didn't know the poor bastard had broke his leg.

I'm not going to confess to being a fan from Day one. However, the Mariners have converted me. I now live and breathe the sport. I played my first ever game of football 9 years ago and my 35's team is still going strong (10 year anniversary next season promises to be extremely messy). I love this team and have ridden the highs and lows over the 11 years of their existence. Regardless of what happens, I'll be Yellow until I die!!! COYY!!!!

Wombat

My 1st game was a pre-season game against Perth, we lost 4-2. Not sure if it was season 2 or 3, probably 3. Didn't follow football much b4 that.

Great to convert a fumbleball follower to a proper sport (not that there is anything wrong with gaelic football)

true believer

Nup . I found it interesting , but was still
Fithy on how parra mailta were treated
And how wog soccer was demonized. Because the wasps thought their was money in it.

Once my missus got better i went to a few games each year . I think 2008 was the first time i had a season ticket .

I still fume over the way wog soccer was threated . And still is by revisionist soccer administrations

Last edited:

style_cafe

I was instrumental in getting Macarthur aligned with Parramatta Power back in the old NSL days.
When the A-league started I followed Sydney FC which,at the time, was my local team.
Then when I moved up here in season 3 I began supporting the Mariners as I could go to Football with my dad.
A few seasons later we both became season ticket holders & have remained so.
I love the Mariner`s.
They possess all the qualities I love about football
They are the battlers. The community focused team that promote local kids where possible.
I`m here to stay & no matter what happens I`ll still watch & support them.
When we went to the Brisbane Grand-final two things stuck in my mind:-
1) Lawrie loves eating other peoples pizza
2) MARINER`S `TIL I DIE.
What more can I say!

MagpieMariner

Great to convert a fumbleball follower to a proper sport (not that there is anything wrong with gaelic football)
Sorry Wombat, I've not been converted. :)
I still follow my beloved Magpies (who I think are going to have a season just like my beloved Mariners :(), I just added football to my sporting interests. As one who finds cricket to be as interesting as watching grass growing or an election campaign, I am indebted to football being played in summer. :)

JoyfulPenguin

Sorry Wombat, I've not been converted. :)
I still follow my beloved Magpies (who I think are going to have a season just like my beloved Mariners :(), I just added football to my sporting interests. As one who finds cricket to be as interesting as watching grass growing or an election campaign, I am indebted to football being played in summer. :)
A AFL diehard convert here, from when I was five I went to every single North Melbourne game till I was 15 which was when I found the Heart and fell in love with the game (as well as a big man crush on Mate Dugandzic). From the second season of Heart I went to every game until we were bought out. It still stings to have my club taken away from me to become a marketing exercise. Being a Mariner has been enjoyable even if the season I've been here for wasn't the best it was still a great experience.

dibo

CWC midweek against Brisbane (?) I think it was
Adelaide I think. I missed it, I was in Canberra for work. Mrdja hat-trick though, and I think he got another against Brisbane in the Pre-Season Cup in July/August. And then f**ked his knee in the final and didn't play for two years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred