• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

# 10

localpom

Caceres for sure. Sterj could do an ok job as well but young Ant would get my vote. Give Danny a couple of weeks off then put him on the bench. If no one has grabbed their chance by then, Danny moves back to the #10 role.

Big Al

Definately needs a rest - 2 to 3 weeks IMO after that it might be curtains if still looks the same. I hope not

Needs a holiday - No training just sun tan type rest not just don't play him rest. Mental as much as physical I feel.

But definitely Caceras for me with Sterj as back up for Mcbreens rest than McBreen as the backup.

Hutch - Makes it easier for him to pass back as he is further up the field. LOL - I like what Hutch brings as you do Dibo.

bikinigirl

. perhaps give sterj a run ... assuming that he doesn't last a whole game he can then be replaced by caceres - around or before the 60 minute mark (not 70+). that way we get to see how each perform starting with experience and finishing with youthful exuberance

. while caceres was good when he came on for monty against perth ... he wasn't brilliant (in a generally lacklustre display) when he then started against victory. i remember thinking that he seemed to be conserving energy to last the match ... but the general team performance that night may have more to do with it

scottmac

Suspended
More like who WILL play #10 for us. I reckon we should chuck in who ever is playing it in the youth & stick with them.

Or spend some dosh.

dibo

More like who WILL play #10 for us.

On either count, Bozanic isn't it.

Moving on - McBreen is very capable there. Sterj is probably pretty handy there, Caceres might be, but is unproven. Simon *might* be able to do a job there, but it's not going to be particularly cultured.

I still maintain the best player we ever had there was Amini. He'd receive and distribute on either foot in two touches most of the time, keeping our attack flexible and mobile and keeping the opposing defence off balance.

I think that's the template to go for. From who we have at the moment, McBreen is probably closest to that (looking past the obvious superficial differences). Caceres might be able to develop into that, but while tricks and fancy footwork might be pretty and get the likes of Craig Foster excited, goals are made through making effective passes; that's where the focus has to be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred