• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

10 Years for Central Coast Mariners fans forum

kevrenor

It is almost 10 years now since this post below was made on the internet message board
http://ccmfc.proboards.com/
We've come a long way (via a few different locations, admins (thanks for the long stint of Adz), mods. The first board still exists .. have a trip down memory lane!

Oct 23, 2004 at 6:41pm
icon-options.png

Post by Administrator onOct 23, 2004 at 6:41pm
Welcome to the start-up Central Coast Mariners FC fans forum.

It is expected that fans will come from not only the Gosford and Wyong areas, but also from across the northern side of Sydney, Lake Macquarie, Newcastle, and further afield. Some are expected to be ex Breakers or Spirit fans, whilst others may not have gone to NSL at all! Please welcome fellow fans not matter what area they are from, or former club they supported.

As well as an area on the forum for the Mariners, the State League side Central Coast have an area, and you can discuss other football (soccer) topics.

With our new club accepted into the Hyundai A-League (new national football competition) there has been about six months before a ball is kicked in serious competition - plenty of time for fans to air their views on the league, club, players, other clubs and fans, our stadium, security, beer, etc. When the games start we expect more on the games, players, coach, formations, tactics etc.

There is only limited moderation at present - including me, the Admin, but later we will look for some likely lads or lasses. Please make that job easy by adhering to Proboards rules, and to this forum's:

- No racial or ethic hatred or incitement
- No sexual or gender abuse of any kind
- No threats or gratuitous abuse
- Keep the swear words to less than half your sentence - look up a dictionary or thesaurus instead!
- No totally obscene or revolting images
- Keep on topic for each area of the board.
- Have some respect for other fans views (even from
other clubs) and their right to hold them

(amended 1/6/2005) to also contain:

- No personal abuse
- No libel or defamation

Got that? Posts will be removed. Banning will not be done lightly, but will be done!

Guests can view all posts, but only members can create threads and post to the board!

There are many ways of reviewing the Forum - Click on last post, use the last 10 posts, go to the forum and the topic and browse, or use the search function!

Please provide feedback to improve the forum.

Thank you

Admin

Go Coast!

http://ccmfc.proboards.com/

style_cafe

Cheers to all the admins that have kept & still keep this board running.It`s been the highlight of many a tiring day.
Also my thanks to all the contributors past & present .
I may not have agreed with some comments but I thank you for making them.
The balance on this board is fantastic & I enjoy the many characters that help to keep me informed.
Even Syd gives me a laugh...
Cheers

Wombat

Cheers to all the admins that have kept & still keep this board running.It`s been the highlight of many a tiring day.
Also my thanks to all the contributors past & present .
I may not have agreed with some comments but I thank you for making them.
The balance on this board is fantastic & I enjoy the many characters that help to keep me informed.
Even Syd gives me a laugh...
Cheers

Sentimental old bugger.
It means Dibo has been annoying me longer than I thought.

shelleybeach

Welcome aboard Shelleybeach...
Griffin Park...a Brentford supporter ?
Yes, born at Gosford, grew up on the coast but lived in UK since 2002, so had to follow Mariners from afar, though been to a couple of games when visting. Yes a Brentford supporter, glory days at the moment. They just played there 125th year anniversary celebration match last night, so loads of history. What the Mariners have achieved in their time is amazing, against the odds in lots of areas. Hopefully someone is documenting all the stats and big moments (including the story of the supporters) as one day people will look back on it all.

Getting into the a-league a lot now I can watch the games on TV here, the debate and analysis on here after the games is great

style_cafe

Yes, born at Gosford, grew up on the coast but lived in UK since 2002, so had to follow Mariners from afar, though been to a couple of games when visting. Yes a Brentford supporter, glory days at the moment. They just played there 125th year anniversary celebration match last night, so loads of history. What the Mariners have achieved in their time is amazing, against the odds in lots of areas. Hopefully someone is documenting all the stats and big moments (including the story of the supporters) as one day people will look back on it all.

Getting into the a-league a lot now I can watch the games on TV here, the debate and analysis on here after the games is great

Hey Shellybeach, I`m the opposite. Born in Hammersmith,raised in Acton but now live at Wambie.
Dad`s been a long suffering Brentford fan for the past 75 years.
One of my life long highlights was taking him to Griffin Park to see the Bee`s.
Last year he went to see them play at Milton Keyes & was acknowledged at half time & presented with an autographed shirt,something that meant so much to him.
As a lifelong QPR supporter I understand the highs & lows these teams put us through.
Supporting the Mariner`s though is like being the underdog in every game.
"No-one rates us but we don`t care!!"

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Ten years !. ...that's just brilliant...if the club read the forum, we would of been champions for 9 of those ;)

shelleybeach

Hey Shellybeach, I`m the opposite. Born in Hammersmith,raised in Acton but now live at Wambie.
Dad`s been a long suffering Brentford fan for the past 75 years.
One of my life long highlights was taking him to Griffin Park to see the Bee`s.
Last year he went to see them play at Milton Keyes & was acknowledged at half time & presented with an autographed shirt,something that meant so much to him.
As a lifelong QPR supporter I understand the highs & lows these teams put us through.
Supporting the Mariner`s though is like being the underdog in every game.
"No-one rates us but we don`t care!!"

That's good, we can both enjoy Fulham being a mess. I lived in Hounslow, Richmond and now Egham, grew up at Forries! Did you marry an Aussie? My wife's English so I am here for a while longer yet. Your dad must have enjoyed that day, was it last season? (when there were thousands of Bees as people thought that might be the promotion game) or 2013? (think lost that one).

What I am not clear on is how many Mariners travel to away games as leaving out Sydney/ Jets etc the distances are so vast, not to mention the cost?

sydmariner

That's good, we can both enjoy Fulham being a mess. I lived in Hounslow, Richmond and now Egham, grew up at Forries! Did you marry an Aussie? My wife's English so I am here for a while longer yet. Your dad must have enjoyed that day, was it last season? (when there were thousands of Bees as people thought that might be the promotion game) or 2013? (think lost that one).

What I am not clear on is how many Mariners travel to away games as leaving out Sydney/ Jets etc the distances are so vast, not to mention the cost?
I think there was supposed to be about 100 or so fans traveling to the city game to see villa play but I think that'll change now

shelleybeach

thanks for that sydmariner- 100 is a very decent number given how far it is. A shame for those that will miss seeing Villa, though I'd rather he wasn't in their team!

Tassiemariner

And to commemorate the original forum, we've decided to recreate the 'Introduce Yourself' thread!

*Cringes at what my 14 year old self would of written/wrote in that thread*

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred