• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

10 Year Grand Final Win Anniversary

Josho Howe

Thought i'd start a thread marking the 10th anniversary of the GF win. Would love to hear all of your memories and your stories of the day. What you did, where you watched it, the feelings, the joy, the celebrations etc. Need that dopamine rush all over again.

Michael

Probably the best day of my sport following life. Still get happy tears when I see both goals. Took my partner (at the time had only been together 1 year) to what was her first ever football match that day. She still teases me to this day for openly crying tears of utter joy at full time with 10k other fans. Don’t think I slept for almost 3 days afterwards.
Coincidentally that was also the first year Kwas and Porter were my coaches and Patty Tatum my manager so had the privilege of hearing all the celebration stories and seeing kwas’s medal the following week. He also correctly picked the score at training a few days before the match.

pjennings

Watched it from Bay 3 or 4. Was behind the goal either way. Having been to the previous 3 it was such a sense of joy and relief. Easily the greatest day in Mariners history......so far?

I was somewhere similar.

Funnily though - similar to the 2005 Uruguay game I was confident of the result all day. Sometimes you just know it is your day. I think it had to do with all the hype about WSW - they had to fail.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
a dead set cracker of a day at the fox studio end of the place (and still much and many cudos to Wombat for helping me and missus to get there), i stupidly jumped in the air when Zwaanje kicked the goal and partially ruined my afternoon , but still popped big time when the final whistle went offgfday.jpg
Them Recks going, this Reck celebrating...and a Wombat and a dutchman went to a grand final...(i have no punchline for this bit, i shall bow gracefully and leave :vhappy: )

Last edited:

LFCMariners

I could re-write it all, but I'd be here for HOURS. And I need to get some sleep.

Plus, I already summed it up 10 years ago, right here:

(Only thing I'll ad is that at one point in the game the camera panned to this blond chick in the RBB who was so gorgeous it hurts just thinking about her. I wonder what she's up to these days?)

Ironbark

I was living in VIC at the time and due to work couldn't make the trip.

For a couple of months before even making the grand final I would start stories with 'when we the grand final...' I just knew it was our year!

At the end of the game I was pumped but also mourned a little. Arnie had turned down offers to go elsewhere after Aussie Guus advised/asked him if had done everything he could with us first yet. Now he had. Several players were due to retire and more had their stocks rise so high we couldn't afford to keep them. It was the end of an era and I knew the heights had been reached. Little did I actually have any idea how low we'd fall or for how long.

I feel this 10 year anniversary has even more to celebrate. Because with our gaffer a member of that championship winning team 10 years ago, despite not really being favorites, we're actually a chance at winning it all again. Great to be back in that position, even if it's only potentially.

I was back on the coast for the parade. So many people so full of joy, such an epic day

Ozhammer

I remember that season building into the GF the boys just seemed to have that air of invincibility about them, that seemed to be reflected by the confidence of us fans.

It was a fantastic day but one of my favourite memories was chatting to some guy in the bar queue at PJ O’Reilly’s and him asking me who my favourite player was. When I told him I was a massive fan of Sains, he then told me he was his Dad! You couldn’t make it up! ??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred