• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

1 year

LFCMariners

...today is how long it has been since I have actually witnessed a Mariners victory first-hand, on that wonderful Boxing Day evening where we handed the Northern Scum their very just desserts. Since then I have stood through a loss to Adelaide, a pedestrian finals campaign against the Roar, an ACL campaign that was mediocre at best and diabolical at worst, draws at home against the Scum, Sydney, NQ and Perth, as well as 270 minutes worth of football away from home with only a solitary Mariners goal to cheer.

Basically, my point is: 'C'mon boys! Remember when the Mariners would win the odd game (i.e play the entire game and score more goals than the opposition)? Remember when Bluetongue Stadium was a difficult venue (with the exception of the Roar) to take points away from? Let's go back to that! Do this, and you will find the crowds shall follow.

Jesus

Jesus
Have to remember though, of the last 4 loses, 3 teams were above us on the table, and 1 was brisbane who we never beat at home. Hopefully the turn around comes now

scottmac

Suspended
Jaza_SFC said:
So basically you're a soft-cock who doesn't attend games?

Amen to that. GC United at home was not that long ago.

We are still hard to beat............... but just hard to watch thrown in as an added extra!

Forum Phoenix

Thats right, we are hard to beat, only been beaten by more than a goal once this whole season.

Mariners New Years Resolution -

Win the bulk of our last 7 games, guts through the finals and win the toilet seat  :eek:verhead:

Hope this is what Lawrie's twiiter will say soon. 8)

FFC Mariner

Jaza_SFC said:

Sadly Jaza there are people who have a v low pain threshold. Football is pain and suffering, it makes the highs so f**king immense.

adz

Staff member
I blame it on NRL and their fan culture. Being a supporter of an NRL team involves saying you follow <team>, not knowing where they are on the ladder, not knowing who they are playing next week, not knowing who they played last week, but still insisting you have followed <team> all your life.

FFC Mariner

adz said:
I blame it on NRL and their fan culture. Being a supporter of an NRL team involves saying you follow <team>, not knowing where they are on the ladder, not knowing who they are playing next week, not knowing who they played last week, but still insisting you have followed <team> all your life.

Unless they make the finals then you have to be seen wearing <Said NRL team> shirt in public and maybe even have club coloured ribbons on your car.

on no account will these people attend games tho

LFCMariners

Jaza_SFC said:

If you must know, I work Saturday nights so it doesn't help when many of our home games are scheduled for then. If I can get the night off then great but if not, I have to listen to 96.3 and hope the reception is good enough. As for my support, I am indeed a softcock. Such a softcock I am going to Perth in a month and a half to watch the boys play the Glory...

LFCMariners

adz said:

Couldn't you say the same about alot of the Eurosnobs?

adz

Staff member
LiverpoolMariners said:
adz said:

Couldn't you say the same about alot of the Eurosnobs?

Probably. This lot are worse because they also crap on about how <overseas league> is better than the A-League.

FFC Mariner

They do share 1 trait with knuckledraggers though. They wear their chosen shirt to games regardless of who is playing.

Like SFC fans at Socceroos games really...........

marinermick

FFC Mariner said:
They do share 1 trait with knuckledraggers though. They wear their chosen shirt to games regardless of who is playing.

Like SFC fans at Socceroos games really...........

Like the kid we saw at the Socceroos game wearing a Manure top and a SFC scarf.

All I felt for him was pity.

Hagar the Horrible

LiverpoolMariners said:
Jaza_SFC said:

If you must know, I work Saturday nights so it doesn't help when many of our home games are scheduled for then. If I can get the night off then great but if not, I have to listen to 96.3 and hope the reception is good enough. As for my support, I am indeed a softcock. Such a softcock I am going to Perth in a month and a half to watch the boys play the Glory...
I work Friday and Saturday nights myself so I can only get to the occasional game here and there myself, and forget about trying to listen to Mick and co while on deliveries. All I get on CoastFM here is crackle crackle crackle.

Timmah

adz said:

What a load of f**king rubbish that is.

That sort of supporter type permeates across all codes of sport. Suggesting it's an NRL culture is pathetic pointscoring on your part.

scottmac

Suspended
Timmah said:
adz said:

That sort of supporter type permeates across all codes of sport. Suggesting it's an NRL culture is pathetic pointscoring on your part.

Settle down leaguey!  ;)

Timmah

FFC Mariner said:
Oh come on - NRL. Where you can have a crowd of Telegraph readers sat mute for 80 minutes.

Pathetic fans
While I'm aware you're trying to get a bite, are you aware most league fans hate the Tele? It's done nothing but trash the game for years, with little respect for facts. As for your inference about the noise of crowds, I find RL crowds far noiser and with a better atmosphere - having regularly attended games in both codes. There's more to cheer about in RL for a start - more tries and goals in a game than you'd find in most football matches. In between those loud euphoric moments, fans are watching the game, every nuance, every tackle, every tactic, pass and kick - not being bored or frustrated, or forced into singing to keep themselves occupied.

Don't get me wrong, I love football, but there's too often times when there's nothing doing.
scottmac said:
Timmah said:
adz said:

Settle down leaguey!  ;)
I don't understand the necessity to lay a boot into league when 1. it's done nothing wrong in this instance and 2. it's a completely ignorant statement for him to make.

adz

Staff member
Timmah said:
FFC Mariner said:
Oh come on - NRL. Where you can have a crowd of Telegraph readers sat mute for 80 minutes.

Pathetic fans
While I'm aware you're trying to get a bite, are you aware most league fans hate the Tele? It's done nothing but trash the game for years, with little respect for facts. As for your inference about the noise of crowds, I find RL crowds far noiser and with a better atmosphere - having regularly attended games in both codes. There's more to cheer about in RL for a start - more tries and goals in a game than you'd find in most football matches. In between those loud euphoric moments, fans are watching the game, every nuance, every tackle, every tactic, pass and kick - not being bored or frustrated, or forced into singing to keep themselves occupied.

Don't get me wrong, I love football, but there's too often times when there's nothing doing.
scottmac said:
Timmah said:
adz said:

Settle down leaguey!  ;)
I don't understand the necessity to lay a boot into league when 1. it's done nothing wrong in this instance and 2. it's a completely ignorant statement for him to make.

Not an ignorant statement at all. I didn't say it wasn't an issue in other codes either, it's just I have found it most common in NRL. I've been to NRL games at Bluetongue where I've been over at CCLC and so-called "fans" of one of the teams playing were rushing off to watch it on TV as we were going across the road to watch it live. Pathetic!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred