• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

08/09 Season Wrap

serious14

Usual end of season capers - personal highs, lows, favourites, all that jazz:

Game of the Season:  Arsenal 4, Tottenham 4. Liverpool 4, Chelsea 4.  Liverpool 4, Arsenal 4.  Sense a theme??  ;)

Goal of the Season:  A late entry for Mr. Nacho Novo's absolute _belter_ in the Scottish Cup final on the weekend.  I also recall posting one earlier in the season from Ligue 1 (don't remember who or what team) that was a 40 yard top left corner get-f*cked-you-can't-do-that screamer.

Team of the Season:  Barcelona.  Really, is this even up for debate??

Performance of the Season:  Barcelona 6, Real Madrid 2.  You just don't do that in a game of that stature without it being truly special.

Moment of the Season:  I've never been happier as a neutral as the second Iniesta's goal hit the net against Chelsea.  Pure and utter karma in the most delightful way possible.  ;D

Player(s) of the Season:  Iniesta, Vidic, Messi, Rooney, Torres (when fit).

Manager(s) of the Season:  Guardiola, then a tie between Roy Hodgson and David Moyes. 

Lame Duck Award:  Newcastle United, and Hull for their "efforts" post October. :p 

Righto, have at it then!!!    :popcorn:

FFC Mariner

Game of the Season:  Liverpool Arse at Anfield

Goal of the Season:  Clint Dempsey, 91st minute against the filth to nick a 2-2 draw.

Team of the Season:  Barcelona - agreed

Performance of the Season:  2-0 against Manure when we reduced them to a whining pub side.

Moment of the Season:  The look on the Toons faces as they slid into the CCC - Lord it over us when we were struggling huh? Suck shit. 

Player(s) of the Season:  Probably Torres when fit (EPL), the guy is quite special. Euro? Messi

Manager(s) of the Season:  Roy Hodgson . 

Lame Duck Award:  Hull spending 5m on Bullard and him lasting 47 mins before his bung knee went again - apparently they wanted him so badly they didnt do a medical and have no insurance for his 47k a week wages (allegedly) - also, Newcastle United. 

Kareem

Game of the Season:  ?

Goal of the Season:  Iniesta vs Chelsea
Honerable mention- Novo, Kewell for Galatasary with a top right corner drive

Team of the Season:  Barcelona - agreed +2

Performance of the Season:  Man Utd vs Arsenal in CL at Emirates + Madri vs Barca at Bernabeu

Moment of the Season:  When Ineista scored for Barca- well deserved- I was happy and thats coming from a madrid supporter

Player(s) of the Season:  Messi, Ineista,

Manager(s) of the Season:  Guardiola.

Lame Duck Award:  Madrid (we suck), Newcastle, Chelsea (negative playing) 

Ben

Game of the Season:  the arsenal v tottenham 4 all draw, was an awesome game

Goal of the Season: Cristiano Ronaldo against porto at porto 

Honerable mention- great work fulham for reaching a european place

Team of the Season:  Barcelona (thats an obvious one)

Performance of the Season: Barca against Real Madrid 6-2, I have watched that games so many times and its always great

Moment of the Season:  Newcastle getting relegated

Player(s) of the Season:  Ineista just edging out messi but messi will get player of the year

Manager(s) of the Season:  Guardiola and Roy Hdgson

Lame Duck Award:  Newcastle, Bayern Munich

adz

Staff member
serious14 said:
Game of the Season:  Arsenal 4, Tottenham 4. Liverpool 4, Chelsea 4.  Liverpool 4, Arsenal 4.  Sense a theme??  ;)

You love watching Liverpool and Ar*enal?

FFC Mariner

Highlight of the year (for me) on a fans video from very near the spot I spent most of the miserable parts of my youth.

Interesting that a voice shouts "in" just as Dempsey heads the ball is either a genius or just knows the game. The derisory chant afterwards says a lot too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EvpbBMAduI

Kareem

Kareem said:
Honerable mention- Novo, Kewell for Galatasary with a top right corner drive[/]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K_JazU0zLE&feature=related

its unbelievable
scored vs Bordeux in UEFA cup
the audacity and self belief is incredible- especially with little space + time
i tip the inesta just ahead because of significance- but the more i watch this...

Arabmariner

I take nothing away from Inesta's goal and it was a more pressure situation but he did run on to it whereas Harry has just hit it without even taking a step!

Ignoring the match situation and just looking at the goals only it has to be Kewells imo.

Kareem

yer
when i saw it a week ago (by accident)- i couldnt believe it...so well hit, defenders cant be blamed, gk cant be blamed...wat can you say?
I've seen kewell score some great goals (incl. 2 identical goals weeks apart with first time volleys from crosses)

Kareem

FFC Mariner- who is the filth
sorry just several teams could be described as the filth :p
was it vs chelsea?
wasnt that 2-2 draw a header?

David Votoupal

Team of the season: Barcelona
Revelation team: Fulham
Stirring the heart: Everton getting to the FA Cup Final
Biggest surprise: Stoke managing to survive
Miracles: Fulham aside, Espanyol escaping relegation
Biggest disappointment: West Brom, even though they were playing better than teams right above them in the end. Also Real Betis going down.
No surprises: Newcastle going down

FFC Mariner

Image013.jpg

:naughty:

TerrigalUtd

Game of the Season: Everton win against Liverpool in 118th minute (DAN GOSSSLLLLLIIIIIINGGG!!) in FA Cup

http://www.youtube.com/v/E0h7Sn4oKpI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0

Goal of the Season: Above

Team of the Season: Barca and Everton tie

Moment of the Season: Man Utd getting knocked out of FA Cup :p

Player of the Season: Timmy Cahill of course

Manager of the Season: Moyes deserves it

Morgan30

Game of the Season: Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool...watched it on a common room tv in a youth hostel in France, one of the greatest nights as a neutral fan.

Goal of the Season:  Glen Johnson versus Hull, absolute bomb with his weaker foot from nowhere

Team of the Season:  Everton

Performance of the Season:  Preston 6-0 Cardiff, the match that in the end gave them a playoff spot

Moment of the Season: Harry redknapp walking out on Portsmouth, joining spurs and we all know the rest...

Player(s) of the Season:  Torres when fit

Manager(s) of the Season:  Moyes, Guardiola but I'll give it to Redknapp as much as i hate him for basically killing our season 

Lame Duck Award: Newcastle, who else

jarrad

Game of the Season:  Liverpool 4 - 4 Arsenal 

Goal of the Season:  Because of the importance mainly - Iniesta - Chelsea

Team of the Season:  Barcelona.

Performance of the Season:  Barcelona 6 - 2 Real Madrid. As Serious said above. Absolutely remarkeable.

Moment of the Season:  Liverpool 4 - 1 Manchester United. That was pure heaven.

Player(s) of the Season: 
EPL - Fernando Torres, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard
Honourable mentions - Cristiano Ronaldo, Andrei Arshavin (4 goals against Liverpool, what more can I say), Nikolas Anelka (golden boot)

La Liga - Lionel Messi (POY), Andres Iniesta, Gonzalo Higuain, David Villa
Honourable mentions - Xavi Hernandes, Iker Casillas, David Silva, Diego Forlan

Manager(s) of the Season:  Pep Guardiola, Harry Redknapp (saved Spurs from relegation), Rafa Benitez (best run in the EPL to date)

Lame Duck Award:  Newcastle United, absolutely hilarious.

Surprises - Alexandre Pato (remarkeable season), Federico Macheda (without him, the EPL could well be Liverpool's), Mauro Zarate, Higuain, Gibson (absolute cracker against Hull)

Bring on next season + South Africa!! 

Azza-Mataz

Kareem said:
Kareem said:
Honerable mention- Novo, Kewell for Galatasary with a top right corner drive[/]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K_JazU0zLE&feature=related

its unbelievable
scored vs Bordeux in UEFA cup
the audacity and self belief is incredible- especially with little space + time
i tip the inesta just ahead because of significance- but the more i watch this...

hahahaha i dont understand much of the turkish language but i did manage to hear the commentator call him "Harry Potter"

Sym

Game of the season: Chelsea 4 Liverpool 4

Goal of the season: Arjen Robben, cut in from the right, fake to shoot about 3 times absolutely rooting the defenders, before unleashing an unstoppable left footed bomb.
Essien v barca also up there.

Team of the season: Hull for the first half of the season, unbeleivable effort.

Performance of the season: Chelsea 4 Arsenal 1, at the emirates, a London derby.

Moment of the season: Lampard hitting a left footed special in the FA Cup final :) :) :)

Player of the season: Messi

Manager of the season: Hodgson, for even taking the fulham job :p

Lame Duck Award: All the people jumping the Barcelona band-wagon.

Sacko

Game of the season: Portsmouth 1 West Ham 4 - this result set up our good round in the 2nd half of the season

Goal of the season: Carlton Cole - Wigan away a great team goal straight from "the academy"

Team of the season: Burnley - seeing all those crying blades faces at the end of the in the POF priceless

Performance of the season: Fulham 1 West Ham 2

Moment of the season: The penalty decision for Man Utd against Sp*rs, normally I'd be more than happy with seeing Sp*rs getting stuffed by Manure, but that decision turned tide in that game and the EPL season in Manures favour     

Player of the season: Torres - if he'd stayed fit for the season the title wouldn't have gone back to Old Trafford 

Manager of the season: Zola!

Lame Duck Award: The GGA's packages to South Africa 

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred