• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

you're listening to what right now????

nearlyyellow

So, the very esoteric Musical Starstreams, link at: http://www.starstreams.com/ Follow the Mixcloud link to get to the streams.

From Wikipedia: Back in the 1980s the show played a mix of electronic, new-age and a small amount of jazz,[3][4] Today, it has more of a Chill music core, sometimes characterized as mid- to down-tempo "exotic electronica"

Here's the first 4 tracks from the show, (Starstreams Pgm 1417 - 1h53m) YouTube versions.

Similar to the kind of music I liked when streaming radio was very young (c. 1996) and everything was free :-|

nearlyyellow

Speaking of mash-ups

Speaking of Sandman, and this being Saturday night, when my daughter was sub 5 years old she wouldn't go to sleep without a rendition of Mr. Sandman played on the vinyl 45rpm (still have the vinyl on the shelf here :) ) btw she's 28 and getting married this year. here's the Chordettes version (no abuse please, it's Saturday night. dum dum dum oh dum dum dum ..

And a later version by Pomplamoose, who I think are just a great indi band. So, enjoy, if you can.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Speaking of Sandman, and this being Saturday night, when my daughter was sub 5 years old she wouldn't go to sleep without a rendition of Mr. Sandman played on the vinyl 45rpm (still have the vinyl on the shelf here :) ) btw she's 28 and getting married this year. here's the Chordettes version (no abuse please, it's Saturday night. dum dum dum oh dum dum dum ..

And a later version by Pomplamoose, who I think are just a great indi band. So, enjoy, if you can.

you should get the 45 framed and give it to her as a wedding present

midfielder

images

nearlyyellow

you should get the 45 framed and give it to her as a wedding present
I've seen the music list for my daughter's reception shindig, and guess what, Daddy and Daughter are doing a dance to Mr. Sandman, in front of all those people :wub: . Recky, I'll dance for 10 seconds or so and then I will present her with the framed vinyl single as you suggested. And thanks for a great idea.:)

nearlyyellow

Just on Emmy Lou ... love this from the last waltz with the band ....

She *is* real country in this one, isn't she. There's lots of her music that is an OK listen. The Band really swings in this one. She's performed with a lot of the greats not only of country music. She's still singing up a storm and this video is her and her singing partner talking and performing a bit about her 2014 award winning album Old yellow Moon. I think I'm in love with her all over again. :wub:

nearlyyellow

"Jazz with Bob Parlocha", a Jazz aficionado from way back whose program is streamed all over the USA"
Vale Bob Parlocha, a great voice in Jazz, died on March 15, of a heart attack. :( Parlocha was 76. I will miss his program a lot, although the radio stations that hosted it are currently doing "The Best of Bob Parlocha", but that will end some time soon.

nearlyyellow

Delta Blues - 2 hours of Blues, 41 great tracks, the greatest stars of the Delta

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTMTNjiiMng

00:00 - Elmore James - I Can't Stop Lovin' You
02:16 - Johnny Shines - Ramblin'
04:49 - Muddy Waters - Long Distance Call
07:31 - Charly McCoy - Motherless Blues
10:45 - Robert Lockwood - Little Boy Blues
14:00 - Robert Johnson - Milkcow's Calf Blues
16:37 - Son House - My Black Mama
22:59 - Bo Carter - Banana In Your Fruit Basket
26:08 - Helen Humes - They Raided the Joint
28:34 - Bo Carter - The Law Is Gonna Step On You
31:17 - Charley Patton - Stone Pony Blues
34:10 - Mississippi Joe Calicott - Travelin' Mama Blues
37:24 - The Mississippi Moaner - Mississippi Moan
39:53 - Ishmon Bracey - Trouble Hearted Blues
43:18 - Big Joe Williams - Stack O' Dollars
46:33 - Big Joe Williams - Please Don't Go
49:21 - Mississippi John Hurt - Stack O' Lee
52:21 - Leadbelly - Duncan and Brady
56:28 - Memphis Minnie - He Is In the Ring
59:17 - Memphis Minnie - Me and My Chauffeur
01:02:25 - Mississippi Fred McDowell - Good Morning Little School Girl
01:05:04 - J.B. Lenoir - Mama Talk to Your Daughter
01:07:39 - Jimmy Dawkins - I Feel So Bad
01:12:51 - Mississippi Johnny Waters - Baby Don't Treat Him This Way
01:15:06 - Robert Lockwood - Mean Mistreater
01:17:16 - John Lee Hooker -- Landing Blues
01:20:44 - Elmore James - Standing At the Crossroads
01:23:33 - Big Joe Williams - Rootin' Ground Hog
01:26:35 - Ishman Bracey - Trouble Hearted Blues
01:30:01 - Tommy Johnson - Canned Heat Blues
01:33:40 - Son House - Walkin' Blues
01:40:21 - Robert Lockwood Jr - Little Boy Blue
01:43:26 - Blind Willie McTell - Stomp Down River
01:46:35 - Big Bill Broonzy - Mississippi River Blues
01:49:20 - Robert Johnson - Hellhound On My Trail
01:51:59 - Tommy Johnson - Cool Drink of Water Blues
01:55:35 - Sleepy John Estes - Hobo Jungle Blues
01:58:32 - Tommy McClennan - Highway 51
02:01:23 - Skip James - Devil Got My Woman
02:04:24 - Arthur Crudup - Black Pony Blues
02:07:48 - Bo Carter -
Nice list, but missing this guy. Sadly he died in 2008. Again, I used to listen to his show on JazzFM from Toronto Canada:

Hope you enjoy.

nearlyyellow

Yeah, I remember what happened, he was doing his show from the JazzFM studios and all of a sudden he disappeared and they played repeats of his show. Then he reappeared on air about a month later, I think, broadcasting from a studio the station set up in his home. His show aired (streamed) here about 11 am or 12 noon because it was a late night show over there. He continued doing the show for about a year or 18 months I think, until he died. Turned out he was blind almost from birth due to a childhood cancer when he lost his eyes, and it was cancer that got him in the end. But we were able to enjoy his talent for many years.

Strange how there are so many talented and blind musicians. Ray Charles was another of my faves.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred