• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R23: Victory vs Mariners

soccer mad

I new this team could play football .It's like a big load has lifted of there shoulders since Moss has left way more positive. Imagine if we had played like this during the AfC instead of playing so deep in our half, we would have been in the group faze ,I have know doubt .

nearlyyellow

justafan

Great article. At last !! Some one that sees how underrated Cac is. Couldn't agree more with the following comment : " In fact, crucial to their high-energy pressing style is the work-rate of the often underrated Caceres. If you’re struggling to imagine a Finkler or a Carrusca getting through the workload that the Mariners’ No10 does, it’s because they can’t. It’s a different role demanded at the Mariners, but it’s not just a defensive sacrifice, you still need gifted ball players like Caceres or Glen Trifiro with the skill to link Central Coast’s attacking passages."

greenlig

On the flip side, there were at least 3 moments in the game where Cas stopped moving after playing the ball off. Twice Fab went to play it back to him, but Cas had just switched off and failed to collect the return pass. When he's on the ball he does some special things, but it's frustrating when his movement's not at the same level.

justafan

On the flip side, there were at least 3 moments in the game where Cas stopped moving after playing the ball off. Twice Fab went to play it back to him, but Cas had just switched off and failed to collect the return pass. When he's on the ball he does some special things, but it's frustrating when his movement's not at the same level.

I agree that Cac needs to work on his movement off the ball and follow up play. Like you mentioned, it is frustrating when he fails to keep up with play after he delivers a beautiful pass. In fairness to Cac, I must also point out the amounts of times during a game where he creates space, is well positioned and doesn't receive the ball due to the lack of vision of some of his team mates and if he does get it, it's a hospital one. Imo, that is coachable and a player of Cac's quality would learn quick. On the other hand his touch, vision and ability on the ball which most of our players don't have, can't be coached. There is no doubts that by improving on his movement without the ball, it will make him a better player than what he already is. Now, if we are going to go deep into what each player should be doing, I believe that most will have to improve on a lot more than what young Cac has to.

At this stage, I like to focus on the positives of Cac and the rest of the players. Also, on the improvements in play shown by the mariners in the last 6 games. The way we're playing makes it difficult to believe that we're not in the finals.

Capt. Awesome

I think Caceres lack of movemnt is as a result of being forced into a structured defensive mindset that Moss implemented. Once he as a full preseason with a more positive coach, Caseres will start to shine.

dibo

I'm more worried about the number of times he passes into an interception or otherwise just misses his target. The intent is good but needs to tighten up the execution.

Capt. Awesome

I'm more worried about the number of times he passes into an interception or otherwise just misses his target. The intent is good but needs to tighten up the execution.
Doesn't have the highest pass completion in the A-League though?

dibo

Doubt it - that'd more likely be a CB or a DM who's playing safe balls most of the time.

Roy Law

I want Caceres to have more faith in himself; I simply want him to believe he can boss a game. There is no doubting his technical ability. Whether Aaron Mooy plays well or not he is always wanting to dictate the play, he demands the ball. Caceres can often seem left on the edges. If Caceres can develop a stronger belief in himself I think he could be outstanding. If Mooy can play for the Socceroos why can't Caceres?

Gratis

if we recruit well for coach i think we'll see the best of Caceres before we sell him for a mint

Forum Phoenix

But Caceres is shit?? ;)

When I read that article the other day confess I had a chuckle and thought notjustafan is going to love this :overheadl:

Though I hardly think this is a case of "at last". Most people, coaches, players, fans and yes even myself included started rating him very highly years ago when he was in youth. Just because some journo's are slow to the party doesn't mean it has been the reality.

Capt may have been right about his movement under Moss's system, it's massively improved. He's a great player Justafan...but lets hope he develops into amazing... not many players have that potential. Ultimately I think Roy nailed it. That's exactly what I'd love to see and Mooy is a great example.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred