• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R1: Mariners v Perth

rbakersmith

5:15PM Saturday 10 October @ Central Coast Stadium

Bring on Season 11!

I'm feeling a lot more confident about this season - a proper pre-season under TW, a fairly overhauled squad and Monty with the armband all make me very happy.

FFC Mariner

Can't see us keeping them scoreless.

If we get off to a good start a 2-1 win or some such is possible

Both teams to score will be my bet I think.

gull

5:15PM Saturday 10 October @ Central Coast Stadium

Bring on Season 11!

I'm feeling a lot more confident about this season - a proper pre-season under TW, a fairly overhauled squad and Monty with the armband all make me very happy.

Almost anything will be better than last season :).

Hmm tough one to predict. Given our all out attack ethos I reckon 3-2 to us if we can finally start hitting the inside of the net.

Looks like we'll be underestimated yet again this year...

Rowdy

Hat-trick from 'Heff 2.0' on debut. (rainbows & unicorns).

More likely though:
- 1 fr/ RO'D
- 1 fr/ Heff 2.0
- 1 fr/ Fab

We will ship at least 1 goal
Mariners 3 - 1, FTW!

localpom

Can't wait for the season to start. Really need to win these sort of games if we are to sneak a top 6 spot. 2-1 to us.....

...............................Reddy...............................................Storm.............Boz..........McGing.................Neill........................................Monty...........................................Fab............Caceres...........Fitzy..................Josh..........................................Roy..........................................

Bench - Izzo, Posco, Austin, Heff, Ascroft.

I'm assuming Liam Rose is still away?

dibo

It's early to call a game a must-win game, but to build confidence in the dressing room and in the stands we really need to get a good win under the belt here.

Perth are a team that likely won't feature at the pointy end, so this is the sort of game we really have to take three points from.

Win well (i.e. not nicking a lead and nursing it) and we'll be able to put to rest so much of the uncertainty and disappointment that has tinged the last couple of years. It'll feel like a big step in the right direction.

If we have a narrow loss or a battling draw, it's going to feel like we're in for another season of fighting for scraps.

If we get hosed...

Luke

Looks like Josh Rose will miss round one with a slight medial strain.I'd say Austin will start now.Big chance for him to impress.
Monty is no certainty either.First it was his ankle this pre season,now he's over that it's his lower back.

Luca Brasi

Looks like Josh Rose will miss round one with a slight medial strain.I'd say Austin will start now.Big chance for him to impress.
Monty is no certainty either.First it was his ankle this pre season,now he's over that it's his lower back.

Bummer, that is a heap of experience missing. I noticed that Monty had missed the last 2 trials and it was always optimistic to expect Rosey back so soon after a medial strain.

localpom

Bummer, that is a heap of experience missing. I noticed that Monty had missed the last 2 trials and it was always optimistic to expect Rosey back so soon after a medial strain.
Is a shame Liam Rose is away. Not sure who would play as DM if Monty is missing? A few options but no one with the same skillset and experience. Lets hope Monty is fit, i think he will be. It wouldn't be a very popular decision but Matt Sim might be a safer bet as LM instead of Mitch? Big blow if we were missing those 2 but the upside is it gives someone a chance.

JoyfulPenguin

Is a shame Liam Rose is away. Not sure who would play as DM if Monty is missing? A few options but no one with the same skillset and experience. Lets hope Monty is fit, i think he will be. It wouldn't be a very popular decision but Matt Sim might be a safer bet as LM instead of Mitch? Big blow if we were missing those 2 but the upside is it gives someone a chance.
Even if Matt Sim is a safer choice surely we should go for risk and reward (in Austin) for round one? This game could have a big impact on our crowds this year.

localpom

Even if Matt Sim is a safer choice surely we should go for risk and reward (in Austin) for round one? This game could have a big impact on our crowds this year.
I'd love to see Austin tear it up. From what i've heard he is pretty raw but with freakish speed. My only concern is that it could go the other way and we lose our shape a bit. The other option is Fitzy to the left and we play 2 DM (though if Monty and Rose are unavailable that could be tricky).

VicMariner

Two DM's seems too defensive, like a formation out to not lose instead of out to win. Doesn't sit well with the attacking play we're expecting imo.

dibo

Two DM's seems too defensive, like a formation out to not lose instead of out to win. Doesn't sit well with the attacking play we're expecting imo.
Two DMs is about securing the play and ensuring your attacking players are free to be aggressive going forward, not thinking they've got to save their legs to do the water carrying down the back.

bikinigirl

. i know what people will say ... but caceres could play DM

. then we also have mcging and posco (posco trialling there and mcging is only now being converted to CB)

Rowdy

Ascroft played as the DM in front of Posco & McGing as the 2 CB's for Walmsley’s 11 (yellow shirts) V Hutcho's 11 (blue shirts) the other day.

It appeared to be 4-3-3, perhaps even trying to be 4-1-(2)-3, with Caceres & Fitzy as the (2).

Whichever of the two, when often getting 'out of shape' - Caceres would drop back into the 'other' DM role of a 4-2-3-1, picking up the ball from the CB's (literally 5 metres from/alongside Ascroft) and tooo close to/in front of the CB's as well.

FFC Mariner

Is it going to be 4231 with the front 4 employing a very high press to try to win the ball back higher up the pitch?

The danger is that you leave a massive gap (United at Arsenal this weekend being an example)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred