• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R:11 Perth Glory vs CENTRAL COAST Mariners

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

You know, I'm almost disappointed he didn't score the fifth. Because by this point, that would have just been funny.

Not suprising to see...

1) Their attackers in striking range under no pressure.....again
2)Reddy get completely beaten....again

Woody

Things are not that bad, we can still win something this season, it is called the wooden spoon.

ccmjack

In all of this Moss thinks everything is ok still aiming for the final six and we are playing well without winning all will fall into place soon..............................

VicMariner

Things are not that bad, we can still win something this season, it is called the wooden spoon.
Things really aren't that bad.
No relegation. No matter what happens, next season we'll still be in the top local league. I'd rather win the spoon than get relegated.
We are still not bottom of the table.
We have the January transfers to look forward to.
Plenty of football yet to be played this season.

Bladesman

I have to say I was surprised this morning to see the result after watching the first 25 mins where we actually looked quite good and created chances (finishing still an issue though).

I haven't seen any of the goals but by the sounds of it we went to sleep again at crucial points. Moss and the senior squad members need to take some responsibility for that as it is their job to keep the younger ones switched on.

Experience Centre Back is a priority along with a striker in the transfer window I would also take a new coach as although I thought miss should be gone a lot earlier in the season things have gotten a lot worse.

Bladesman

In all of this Moss thinks everything is ok still aiming for the final six and we are playing well without winning all will fall into place soon..............................

I think praying that they fall into place soon. He better hope he gets some significant $ for the transfer window.

Jaundice

That's FFA curriculum speak. Throw in some convoluted jargon about playing around at the back, highlight favourable stats like passing completions, possession or invent them like 'chances created' and you will be explaining poor results away just like the well funded FFA coaching regime.

Perhaps Moss is eyeing a career there if this falls through.

MagpieMariner

Things really aren't that bad.
No relegation. No matter what happens, next season we'll still be in the top local league. I'd rather win the spoon than get relegated.
We are still not bottom of the table.
We have the January transfers to look forward to.
Plenty of football yet to be played this season.
And we won't be selling anybody overseas, although there are some I'd like to send there.

nebakke

Trying to move past frustration, I have to also admit that injuries etc aren't helping us either. Ando knocked his head against Phoenix, leading to a reshuffle,Posco hurt just before this game, Monty out hurt, Neill off last night.. Each of those players are in the more costly range when it comes to our defensive cohesion.
I stand be my earlier comment about Rosie not only do I think that's turned out well to have him there, I think it's of benefit to have a team veteran there, more so than just any old veteran. I would've liked to see if Posco would've made a difference but, I'm starting to feel like Reddy is falling well apart. He was a rock last season, so could live with his poor passing. So far this season to, he puts a LOT of pressure on himself at least twice per game... Maybe it's worth trying someone else there?

sydmariner

Trying to move past frustration, I have to also admit that injuries etc aren't helping us either. Ando knocked his head against Phoenix, leading to a reshuffle,Posco hurt just before this game, Monty out hurt, Neill off last night.. Each of those players are in the more costly range when it comes to our defensive cohesion.
I stand be my earlier comment about Rosie not only do I think that's turned out well to have him there, I think it's of benefit to have a team veteran there, more so than just any old veteran. I would've liked to see if Posco would've made a difference but, I'm starting to feel like Reddy is falling well apart. He was a rock last season, so could live with his poor passing. So far this season to, he puts a LOT of pressure on himself at least twice per game... Maybe it's worth trying someone else there?
yeah nash imo

MagpieMariner

No, leave Reddy where he is until you fix the rest of the defence. Reddy was great last season when he had a lot more faith in the guys in front of him.

gull

Such a frustrating game. We were all over them until the 32nd minute, then fell apart after they got the first goal.

I didn't think Perth were anything special, but as with every game this season they took their chances and we didn't.

The team has no confidence and little belief in what they are doing.

Let's hope the reported larger crowd, and being at home next week, might inspire them. We need to win in front of the part timers as I suspect if we get pumped by 3 goals again they won't return.

Roy Law

And So This is Christmas
Phil Moss’s career at the Mariners is as secure as the baubles hanging on my Christmas tree: hanging by a thread. Only the thought that Mike Charlesworth will not want to spend on a replacement may give him temporary respite. By any measure he has to go, it is only a matter of time.
The bookies had Perth at $1.70 for this with the Mariners paying $7.00; they were right on the money. It was the same old story: the Mariners playing good football for half an hour, perhaps their best of the season, before collapsing in a heap. Liam Reddy deciding to hand out seasonal presents to the Glory only made matters worse.
Montgomery and Poscoliero were both missing through injury; Roux and Trifiro starting. For half an hour the quality of the Mariners’ football was superb. Inspired by a lively Fitzgerald and with Simon as a focal point they took the game to Perth with their most attacking display of the year. The passing was excellent; simple but effective one-two passes creating space and time in midfield.
Vernes tried a shot from distance; easy for Vukovic, but it showed good intent. Quality approach play had Vukovic struggling to deal with a cross from Fitzgerald. And then the little wingman hit a strong shot that Vukovic palmed away. It was all very encouraging.
Keogh was almost played in, a sign of dangers to come, and then Simon too, almost in after a clever pass from Trifiro. The Mariners were dictating the play, it was a joy to watch, and then Perth’s good fairy waved her little wand and five minutes later the Mariners were on the floor; 0-2 down.
There are two ways to open a Christmas present: use a sharp instrument to slice through the packaging or simply tear the paper. Perth used both. A sharp move, a forward pass to Keogh, a flick on to Sidnei Sciola, a first time ball across the face of goal and Harold banged the ball home. It was all too easy; the Mariners sliced open. Adding insult was the injury to Micky Neill who was collected by Reddy. We don’t want to lose one of the few shining lights of this gloomy season.
Reddy then donned his Father Christmas outfit and gifted Perth the second; they tore open the wrapping and Keogh kissed his shirt in acknowledgment of Reddy’s profligate generosity. A pass out, under the gentlest of pressure, straight to Harold who took a couple of strides forward before crossing the ball to Keogh. Two tap-ins in five minutes. Why don’t we create tap-ins, with all our pretty football? It could have been three goals down but Reddy partially redeemed himself after smart play from Keogh. Neill sadly limped out of the contest to be replaced by Sim. And then as the half closed Hutchinson’s loose pass played in Griffiths but Sciola failed to capitalise.
How could the shell-shocked Mariners recover from this? Matt Simon of course! Fitzgerald, who never stopped trying, boldly took on the defence and then passed to Simon, who had his back to goal. The big front man turned Djulbic, who like many defenders before him thought Simon could not turn that well, and calmly slotted the ball into the bottom corner of the net. Simple Simon keeping it all so simple. There was hope.
Duke came on for Vernes, another import who was making no impression. Trifiro had a great opportunity as the ball fell to him on the edge of the penalty area but instead of shooting he passed wide to Simon and the chance was lost. Kim then surprisingly came on for Trifiro just before Reddy again gifted Perth a goal.
Picture if you can an old brick chimney tower as it is demolished: it slowly moves from the base and takes ages to crumple to the ground with a clumsy crash amid a cloud of dust. That was Reddy’s attempt to save Silva’s inventive shot. Silva is the next big thing in Australian football; Perth’s equivalent of Amini or Rogic. It was a clever shot, flicking the ball up and then volleying the ball in an arc past Reddy into the corner on first bounce. Why Silva was allowed so much space to try the shot is questionable but Reddy’s slowness of feet and crumpling late dive was pathetic.
Vukovic just had time to save from Fitzgerald before I had to cut short my watching of the game due to another appointment. It appears I got lucky as Harold, whose goal I watched later, curled a beauty past Reddy.
My MoM is Fitzgerald but the Mariners are mired deep in a morass of their own making; Simon has improved the go forward, but we still don’t create clear opportunities and the whole pretty passing midfield thing is undone by a non- existent defending. This is the worst start in Mariners’ history; Moss has to go, taking Sullivan with him. Preferably before the January transfer window – even Charlesworth won’t let him loose in that, will he?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I'm pretty sure there's something about completed passes in the Technical Points category in some youth development schemes.....at least we should be winning that.

Yes, we played quite well until the first goal, but after that we played like we normally do this season......
No, leave Reddy where he is until you fix the rest of the defence. Reddy was great last season when he had a lot more faith in the guys in front of him.

I have to admit, I never saw it. He'd stop a lot of shots, but only because the vast majority were kicked directly at him. I can conclude, then, that his positioning is great - but his positioning is his biggest weak point at the moment.

But there are more important positions to replace.

Big Al

I don't think reddy is playing as well this year but I'm not sure he is a problem we need to worry about. The back four needs to be sorted ASAP. Pick and stick. Rose back to LB if Neil injury serious not Sim. Pick two out of Eddie Ando and Pos and stick and storm or Pos on the RB. Then play the same back four for four games in a row no matter what.
I think Kim has a better touch than Trifiro and Cacerass as AM. He put a couple of nice passes together in the second half that the other two haven't been able to do in weeks.
Sim was probably our best player in second half. Enough said.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred