• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Other A League Games 2023/24

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

At what point is the ball coming off your chest and bouncing 5m away and away from goal a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Foul yes. Yellow card fair enough. It's not like he was through on goal.

The ball bouncing off the chest was because of the foul.

Take the foul away, he has likelihood of control, direction (remember - general direction of play is sufficient), distance and number of defenders.

We play lowest placed winner?
Correct

I guess we want City to win tomorrow and the Nix to take care of Sydney then us vs Nix grand final
I mean, I'd be perfectly happy with a City GF.

That's preferable to a Bulls GF, only because we'll be in Sydney somewhere and it'll nullify our "home advantage"

Big Al

The ball bouncing off the chest was because of the foul.

Take the foul away, he has likelihood of control, direction (remember - general direction of play is sufficient), distance and number of defenders.

Correct

I mean, I'd be perfectly happy with a City GF.

That's preferable to a Bulls GF, only because we'll be in Sydney somewhere and it'll nullify our "home advantage"
Cant play City in GF. They are lowest ranked winner if they beat Victory so we have to play them next

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Cant play City in GF. They are lowest ranked winner if they beat Victory so we have to play them next
Oh you're right., forgot about that.

So....hmm. I'd probably prefer Bulls than Nix then, only being less of a thread - although Nix would mean the stadium should look like it did last year with 95% CCM fans (though this time you'll have no idea who's who as everyone is in yellow!)

But, that would mean City would have to win. So, both lowest placed teams to win. That's very unlikely.

Though, SFC are completely failing to finish off the Bulls. The RC seems to have thrown off Sydney more than Bulls!

Allreet?

I'd be f**king furious if we lost a player due to that decision.

That is NOT an obvious goal scoring opportunity. It's maybe a chance if he controls the ball but he's running away from the goal and has a defender on his hammer.

Definitely a yellow but a red ruins the game and empowers the conspiracy theorists (like me).

true believer

Red card is correct, though even if in the box, should still have been a red - a charge in the back isn't a possibility of playing the ball.

This is going to be a slaughter.

Faghani will get to be the centre of attention a lot, so he'll be happy.
this is incorrect, in regard. it's only a red if sydney need the win.
see APL rule 3.1 (russia addition) . what ryan grant does 5 times a game .

faghani will square it up in the 88 minute by showing one of the ball boys a red .

adz

Staff member
I like that the A-League is trying things but what a very A-League thing to do with the ref mic'd up. Dude goes over to watch the little telly, comes back, makes an announcement that goes over the ground loud speakers "blah blah is getting a red" then wanders over and gives a red card. Poor kid had to hear a f**ken ground announcement that he was about to get sent off. What the actual f**k. Why can't they just mic them up like the AFL and NRL so we can hear what is going on? Why this shit?

true believer

I like that the A-League is trying things but what a very A-League thing to do with the ref mic'd up. Dude goes over to watch the little telly, comes back, makes an announcement that goes over the ground loud speakers "blah blah is getting a red" then wanders over and gives a red card. Poor kid had to hear a f**ken ground announcement that he was about to get sent off. What the actual f**k. Why can't they just mic them up like the AFL and NRL so we can hear what is going on? Why this shit?
it's what you get when you pay in rubbles comrade

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Yep, I've been saying it for years. AFL and NRL do it right.

This 'announcement' adds nothing - and you're right, it's the completely wrong way to tell a player they're being sent off.

Big Al

FIFA don’t want you to hear the cash negotiations before the decisions are made

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred