• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

New coach - now we know

Big Dog

I hope we keep him for a while. He has a great mix of humility and ambition. At the medal dinner he spoke about how he knows he needs others around him and trusts them to do what they're best at to complimnet each other. Also said he wants to change the attitude of coasties regarding being underdogs. He wants us to be supporters who have an expectation of being winners.

priorpeter

I hope we keep him for a while. He has a great mix of humility and ambition. At the medal dinner he spoke about how he knows he needs others around him and trusts them to do what they're best at to complimnet each other. Also said he wants to change the attitude of coasties regarding being underdogs. He wants us to be supporters who have an expectation of being winners.
Juxtapose that last statement with Ivan Jolic accusing ccm fans of being “greedy” for wanting the occasional win here and there back in the Okon era (shout out to Paolo) 🙃

Michael

He’s such a legit football coach, could see it as soon as you see him talking about the game just after he joined. It’s why I laughed when people were doubting him just because MK dons fired him. That’s a whole notha discussion about British football for another time. But his back room staff is just as elite. Danny Schofield sounds like an absolute f**kin footy nerd and that’s what you want in an assistant, he’s obsessed. And Andres’ is priceless with his bilingual skills and analytical skills.

I see them staying for at verrrrry least a couple more seasons. They’ll want to have a crack at the champions league, sign some of their own visa players, try defend the league title etc. then it’s just dependent on the kind of success we have after that and the interest they could get back in the uk or elsewhere.

pjennings

I must admit I find the 'no one rates us chant' seems to ingrain that mentality. It irks me when I hear it but the Bay does such a great job in general that I've never brought it up.

Big Al

I must admit I find the 'no one rates us chant' seems to ingrain that mentality. It irks me when I hear it but the Bay does such a great job in general that I've never brought it up.
Interesting because i heard someone say can we sing that anymore because of what we have achieved.

I love it and think its amazing and is us because no matter how good we are we will never get the full credit we deserve because they don’t understand what it takes.

You also don’t have to actually be the underdog to have that mindset set.

Look at QLD in state of origin rugby league. They won it like a dozen times and still called themselves underdogs every year and NSW arrogance believed it because we had more players to choose from even though they weren’t as good

marinermick

Interesting because i heard someone say can we sing that anymore because of what we have achieved.

I love it and think its amazing and is us because no matter how good we are we will never get the full credit we deserve because they don’t understand what it takes.

Look at QLD in state of origin rugby league. They won it like a dozen times and still called themselves underdogs every year and NSW arrogance believed it because we had more players to choose from even though they weren’t as good

It is also our one unique chant not sung by any other club. It was penned by a club supporter (Jimmy - Phil James) and represents a time where despite our success we were never acknowledged or given air time. It is a massive finger up to the FFA and the media and I love it.

Wombat

It is also our one unique chant not sung by any other club. It was penned by a club supporter (Jimmy - Phil James) and represents a time where despite our success we were never acknowledged or given air time. It is a massive finger up to the FFA and the media and I love it.
100%. Brilliant song by Jimmy and just about the only original chant going around. We have always been the underdog, especially with the blatant ref bias against us.
This song is GOLDEN.
This song represents the Mariners.

LFCMariners

Cold hearted f**king killers.

LFCMariners

I came up with that slogan back around 2008 because the experts seemed to think we were all grind and determination and no skill, while other fanbases dismissed our support as school carnival-tier (especially one group whose home support we manage to out-sing pretty much every time we visit these days)

Obviously times have changed...

LFCMariners

That QLD underdog myth has been laughable since they had a whole stack of potentially future immortals in their spine positions. But that's for another thread...

Wombat

I'm sure that we all know that we are football royalty - but does the rest of Coast know that?
I had dinner in the Italian at Berkeley Vale tonight. The Indian owner (lol....must have known an Italian or just gone f**k it i'm sick of curry) had a pair of Mariners track pants on.
My Mrs said......Don't say anything about his pants OK!!!
He delivered the food to our table......of course i mentioned the pants. His response..."I like the Mariners"...5 mins later with his ears burnt off and now understanding everything that happened this season,last night and about to happen we have a new Mariners forged bond.

pjennings

I think it sums up the AL, media and other clubs view of us.
They don't rate us, we don't care
It's not a small minded mentality we know we are football royalty in this country. Our record confirms it

Our record - hopefully to get even better soon.

ClubP'shipsC'shipsAFC ACLAFC CUPTotal
Sydney FC45009
Melbourne Victory34007
Central Coast Mariners32005
Brisbane Roar23005
Melbourne City31004
Adelaide United21003
Western Sydney Wanderers10102
Newcastle Jets01001
Perth Glory10001
Western United01001
Macarthur FC00000

priorpeter

Our record - hopefully to get even better soon.

ClubP'shipsC'shipsAFC ACLAFC CUPTotal
Sydney FC45009
Melbourne Victory34007
Central Coast Mariners32005
Brisbane Roar23005
Melbourne City31004
Adelaide United21003
Western Sydney Wanderers10102
Newcastle Jets01001
Perth Glory10001
Western United01001
Macarthur FC00000
Hey hey hey - let’s put some respect on the Pre-Season Cup!

pjennings

If you insist - but then others will want the Australia Cup.

ClubP'shipsC'shipsAFC ACLAFC CUPAus CupPS CupsTotal
Sydney FC45002011
Melbourne Victory34002110
Central Coast Mariners3200016
Melbourne City3100105
Brisbane Roar2300005
Adelaide United2100328
Western Sydney Wanderers1010002
Perth Glory1000001
Newcastle Jets0100001
Western United0100001
Macarthur FC0000101