• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

National Youth League Fixtures and Mariners youth team discussion

rbakersmith

And Patrick's gone:

Central Coast Mariners wish to alert its members, fans and media that the Club has parted ways with former Hyundai A-League star Patrick Zwaanswijk as its Foxtel National Youth League (NYL) Head Coach for the 2014/15 season.

Zwaanswijk, who enjoyed three stellar seasons for the Club as a player between 2010 and 2013, took charge of the Mariners’ NYL side following his retirement from a long and illustrious professional playing career last year.

However, with the Club currently undertaking a review and revamp of its youth football structure, the decision has been made to create a new and more comprehensive youth development position under the title of Head of Youth Football.

The Club’s Head of Youth Football will be responsible for the coaching and development of the Mariners’ Foxtel NYL team, oversee the Club’s youth scouting network, and take charge of the Club’s Academy pathway as technical director.

The Club will seek to fill the position of Head of Youth Football as soon as possible, however only after a thorough recruitment process.

Central Coast Mariners thank Patrick Zwaanswijk for his services to the Club over the past four years.

dibo

They're apparently hiring a new head of youth football who will be responsible for "the coaching and development of the Mariners’ Foxtel NYL team, oversee the Club’s youth scouting network, and take charge of the Club’s Academy pathway as technical director".

What odds that Oscar Gonzales winds up in the role?

rbakersmith

If this post on Yellow Fever is to be believed, the role's gone to Stu Jacobs, most recently coach at ASB Youth League side YoungHeart Manawatu:

I am extremely excited to announce that I have accepted a role as Head of Youth at the Central Coast Mariners. The role involves Scouting and developing potential A League players for CCM, Heading up the Foxtel National Youth League program and U20s and U18s. My role will also oversee the CCM Academy U12 - U16s.

Many thanks to everyone who has supported me along my Coaching roller coaster, Locally as well as Internationally.

Roy Law

A Kiwi; perhaps part of the settlement of the McGlinchey case. You could not get a more opposite appointment to that of Patrick. He has a big responsibility; the NYL and Academy sides, at almost all levels it seems. I confess to being underwhelmed but time will tell if it is a good appointment.

style_cafe

A Kiwi; perhaps part of the settlement of the McGlinchey case. You could not get a more opposite appointment to that of Patrick. He has a big responsibility; the NYL and Academy sides, at almost all levels it seems. I confess to being underwhelmed but time will tell if it is a good appointment.

Underwhelmed is an understatement.
It must have been done on a tender basis & that was the lowest tender.

neverwozza

Here's his CV from his website in NZ.

http://www.capitalkaizen.co.nz/about-us/who-is-capital-kaizen

WHO ARE CAPITAL KAIZEN?
who.jpg

Capital Kaizen is led by twoaward winning coaches.
Stu Jacobs, formal New Zealand Olympic team coach, is the leader and founder behind Capital Kaizen. Along with Stu being Director he has the great help of fellow coache Andy Smith.

Stu Jacobs - Director
Stu's Positions:

• Team Wellington Head Coach – 2008/09/10
  • National U20s Head Coach - 2008/09
  • N.Z Olympic team Head Coach – 2008
  • Team Wellington Head Coach – 2007/08
  • National U20s Head Coach - 2006/07
Stu's Achievements:
  • Winners of 3 Oceania Qualification Tournaments.
  • 1 x Olympic Games-Beijing 2008
  • 1 x U20s World Cup- Canada 2007
  • I.T.C.L Accredited
  • U.E.F.A ‘A’ License part 1 Accredited

marinerfix

Because CCMA has no U16's,U18's,20's players good enough to warrant a position in NYL? No Mcfarlane, Wales, Forbes', Frame, Ragen,Daniel,Tuddenham,Balneaves,Forster,Wilkinson,Trengrove,Mapu,Buhagier the list goes on.

Roy Law

Because CCMA has no U16's,U18's,20's players good enough to warrant a position in NYL? No Mcfarlane, Wales, Forbes', Frame, Ragen,Daniel,Tuddenham,Balneaves,Forster,Wilkinson,Trengrove,Mapu,Buhagier the list goes on.
I haven't seen a list of the players for the NYL and I can't find anything that says the above players won't be included in the NYL (although I doubt all of them will). We signed Jesse Curran last year from Tassie so I expect other players, if thought good enough, to be recruited. The club cannot be exclusive where it recruits from. Some of the players you have mentioned played NYL last year, some will again this year, I have no doubt, but also, some may not make the cut.
What I do like is that there is talent on the Coast and I am sure Moss and Jacobs will be very aware of it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred