• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners squad HAL 10 ~ 2014/15

Big Al

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/brent-griffiths-keep-me-coast

I reckon he is worth a spot if the $$$ are cheap (no reason not to be).

Depends on wether we can sign Bosnar for next season. If we do then seip can be the back up. If no then Brent would push Seip for the starting spot to be paired with Zac.

Do we have any youth coming up in this position that could push him out?

Pretty important spot. Now we have stopped leaking stupid goals we are starting to win again

eenfish

Definitely worth it. The pen he gave away was stupid but he realised straight away and thanks to ol' Reddy it didn't lead to a goal, but apart from that he has been really good all season. Honestly, at the start of the season, he stood out the most for me, more than even Trent. I really rate him and whether we keep Eddy or not, we need to keep Brent. If we let him go, we'll just need to sign another defender anyway or, as Al said, bring someone up from youth. Seems silly to let a guy go when we should be focusing on keeping as many parts of this team as possible, considering how well we've got the machine running as of late. And with the likelihood we will get a champions league spot again, more depth the merrier.

Roy Law

As I have said before he needs a run of games to prove himself good enough but is he good enough for a run of games?
No other A-League team has a fourth choice CB as good as him; clearly he is not expensive, he likes the Coast, he wants to stay.
I would definitely keep him; after last year's mass exodus I want everybody to stay!

pjennings

Anyone interested in DeVere?

Frozen out... DeVere considers next move

Talented Australian centre half Luke DeVere says he may soon be on the lookout for a new club with politics driving him out of K-League outfit Gyeongnam FC.

DeVere was outstanding in his first two seasons in Korea following his move from Brisbane Roar, but has struggled for game-time since taking time off in late 2012 to resolve ongoing meniscus problems after knee surgery at the end of the 2011 campaign.

The 24-year-old defender, whose current contract expires at the end of the K-League season, thought his luck might be set to change after netting the winner in Gyeongnam’s opening game of the season last month.

However, DeVere lost his spot in the side after Gyeongnam were defeated in their next game. He feels he was made a “scapegoat” and a return hasn’t been forthcoming.

“There hasn’t been the amount of game-time I was after in the past year,” DeVere told FourFourTwo.

“I was hoping that might change at the start of the season and it was looking promising, but the way it is over here sometimes they’ve got their mind set on something and they’re going to follow through with it.

“There’s a few things going on at the club which are out of my control.

“If games aren’t forthcoming here, hopefully some opportunities will come up and I’ll be allowed to move on.”

DeVere preferred not to elaborate on the political issues he claims are keeping him out of the first team, but said upon his return from time off in early 2013 things had changed.

A new president took over at Gyeongnam, appointing a new coach only months into the 2013 season and replacing Choi Jin-Han who had signed DeVere.

The Australian was frozen out – a predicament that has DeVere weighing up his future. He admits he still dreams of playing in Europe and refuses to rule out an Australian return.

“If opportunities come up I’ll approach them as they come,” DeVere said.

“Down the track who knows where I’ll end up, if it’s overseas or back in Australia, but I wouldn’t ever rule out a move to Europe.”

DeVere’s recent struggles have made for a wildly contrasting three years in Korea for the ex-Australia youth international, who was criticised by Fox Sports pundit Robbie Slater when he opted to move to the K-League in 2011 rather than stay with Ange Postecoglou’s all-conquering Roar or head for Europe.

“I know there was a bit of controversy at the time I moved but overall it’s been positive,” DeVere said.

“The K-League offered me a new challenge after three years in the A-League. I hoped it would help me improve as a player, develop my agility and speed and it did that for me in the first two years.

“I felt like I was faster, stronger and a better player but obviously the last year or so, without games, it hasn’t been ideal.”

Slater’s criticism of DeVere came after the player was billed a future Socceroo with the pundit believing the move showed a lack of ambition.

Current Australia boss Postecoglou knows DeVere well from their time together at Brisbane and is undertaking an East Asian scouting visit where he may try to witness the defender first hand.

Despite this, the uncapped player, who received a handful of call-ups from ex-Australia coach Holger Osieck, conceded he was a “long shot” for the 2014 World Cup.

“It would be a great thing to be a part of, but I’m not expecting a spot,” DeVere said. “If you asked anyone it’s a long shot.”

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/frozen-out-devere-considers-next-move#H1FB4rTfZaiF4WXH.99

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/frozen-out-devere-considers-next-move

tsd

Arnold sacked means we most likely will see weemac back next season to see out his contract. Did moss have wind of this maybe with the no offer for Flores?

May also limit options for ibini

scottmac

Suspended
But we can't use him right now. Registration rules apply in the A-League don't they?

He is part of our squad loaned out to another team. He played at the start of the season. We would just need to end the loan of one of our loanees if we don't have the squad space.

I think.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Big Al

Think that's correct - Each week when they give the team sheets he is named as not available so there should be no problems registration wise. Not sure about things like salary cap (e.g. we pay kim his money)

eenfish

Well that is good. But also a bummer, because Triffy and Sim have both looked real nice for us. That said, would rather have WeeMac anyday though.

Gratis

Trif extends

dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/midfielder-jason-trifiro-signs-contract-extension-with-central-coast-mariners/story-fnk6rl6i-1226880345823

Atomic

So he wouldn't pass the no dickhead policy that we have
It's pretty clear from Reddy's signing that you can be the biggest dickhead in the world prior to joining CCM... that doesn't matter. It's how you conduct yourself after signing with CCM that counts.

sydmariner

It's pretty clear from Reddy's signing that you can be the biggest dickhead in the world prior to joining CCM... that doesn't matter. It's how you conduct yourself after signing with CCM that counts.
I still think that reddy's a dickhead & imo no matter where he plays he'll always be a dickhead but that's just me

Big Al

Sometimes Dickheads grow up & sometimes they don't.

The drink can be an evil villain - He appears to be off it so we get the best from him.

Sometimes you have to give someone a chance - Sometimes they throw that in your face & sometimes they reward you.

Watching his young sons running around with the boys high fiveing the fans after WSW you could see - happy kids & happy father - Just maybe they are why he is behaving - Purely speculative but he would have to be a strong chance of player of the year. Now tell me who thought that 12 months ago

Also sometimes talented people get more chances than others - right or wrong everyone like to think they can get the best out of someone. We have succeeded so far

Roy Law

Trif extends

dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/midfielder-jason-trifiro-signs-contract-extension-with-central-coast-mariners/story-fnk6rl6i-1226880345823
I like this; we took a punt, and so did he, and it seems to have paid off. He provides trustworthy depth to the squad.

tsd

First post has been updated if anyone is interested in seeing what the squad for next season is looking like

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred