• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners squad HAL 10 ~ 2014/15

style_cafe

What interests me throughout this saga is why McGlinchey wants to join the Nix. I know he is a Kiwi (cough) and has mates in the All-Whites but why would he want to leave the Mariners? It is not as if the Nix has any great record in the A League. I don't think it is simply for a change of environment. I would like to know if, after Arnie got the boot, anyone from the Mariners contacted McGlinchey to see if he was OK, to ask how he was coping, to even ask if he wanted to come home? I suspect that he was left high and dry, and all alone, and that it was his All White mates who asked him if he was OK.
That being said, if the Mariners win at mediation, what would be the point of keeping a disgruntled player? For me the ideal solution is that we win mediation and then allow McGlinchey to join the Nix; we won't collect a fee but we will have the high moral ground and we can then move on with 'Jules' Vernes joining the Mariners.

Conversely, did Weemac contact the Mariners to ask what the situation was?
Did he get disgruntled when told he had to fulfil his contract there before he could come back?
Did he then seek advice from his National Coach?

Wombat

Is he married? To a Kiwi? Got a partner? A Kiwi? Just a thought. :unsure:

She has a broad Scottish accent like him.....definitely not a Kiwi.

I'm tipping the move is all about the extra dollars the Kiwis are willing to pay him.

He is quality and I don't want him to go especially to a backwater like NZ.

Roy Law

Conversely, did Weemac contact the Mariners to ask what the situation was?
Did he get disgruntled when told he had to fulfil his contract there before he could come back?
Did he then seek advice from his National Coach?
You could well be right. He may have contacted but Charlesworth probably hoped to still get the dollars. I am not sure we will ever know but it is a little odd.

bikinigirl

If he was truly wanted by the Mariners why did we let the f**ker go in the first place?

. exactly

That's the cruel irony of the entire Fiasco. We let him go under contract to give him an opportunity to have a go at the next level, same with Arnie. In return for our kind gesture we now have both of them employed by rivals ready to try and beat the club who gave them an opportunity to get better.

. i think you may find the cruel irony is that we let him go to cut our wages bill with the hope on grabbing a big transfer fee - imagine if the arbitration finds we are responsible for his wages and we hadn't asked him back to play for us. i think that may be the 'payment' we receive for him ... the 'nix picking up his wages bill when he has been 'unemployed'

. also i would think that arnie's salary would have had a fair bit to do with us letting him go when we did as well (a separate issue to the chasing dreams, etc ... that just made it all possible)

Big Al

. similar to my thoughts ... i have been thinking 'why does he not want to be here? ... there must be a reason'

. that is the biggest concern for me. i still maintain that if he was truly wanted by the mariners (and we could afford him within the cap!) that we would have taken him back straight away, none of this january 1st bullshit
He was not on the coast because he liked the coast. He was here because of Arnie.
He was teachers pet.
Arnie gone no desire to be here. Most of his mates from Mariners days - Gone
When SFC didn't press the issue they must have felt that he was Mariners possession. Why would Arnie take him to Japan but not SFC? Because his contract had him back to the Mariners.
Nix pushing the envelope because they are desperate for quality & have convinced him they can provide him a sheep & that if he just try's it he will love it.

Why don't Mariners want him - We do but he doesn't want us. The whole 1st Jan is not because we don't want him it's because he doesn't want us & that's when contractually we can get him back.

The club definately defending it's rights but also has probably come to the realisation he doesn't want to be here & have tried to secure a replacement.

Big Al

storm & monty are on the bench for the a-league allstars:( but rose is in the starting 11:overheadl:
Rosey was terrible. Worse player on the starting 11. He is a great player but his touches in the final 3rd can be really poor.

We need a left sided Storm Roux. Young talented & just needs a chance. Storm still needs plenty of work in the final 1/3rd to but he is young & has potential.

After Rosey's pretty poor year last year it's getting close to time to find the next one & IMO it's not Sim he is not a defender but more a winger IMO.

Also Arnie & Robbie Slater are good mates - Should we cut his son because Robbie may pass on to much inside info to Arnie about the club & who is likeing Mossy & who isn't?

sydmariner

Arnie & Robbie Slater are good mates - Should we cut his son because Robbie may pass on to much inside info to Arnie about the club & who is likeing Mossy & who isn't?
no cos everyone seems to pre-judge him cos of who his dad is without giving him a chance to prove to everyone how good he really is he did score in his 1st game for ccm he seem'd to be good in the nyl

midfielder

Given the weeMac meeting was last Tuesday the longer this drags on the more me thinks FFA are looking for a mid range solution ...

Without anything other than a gut feel .... The outcome will be the Nux to pay half or more of his replacement' at the Mariners salary ...

As I posted earlier .... Olly, Musty, Rogic, Fitzy, Bernie, Monty, Macka, and Hutch all made his midfield play easier ... Add Ryan's distribution from goals and Dutchie's and Trent's switch play and general distribution... with Pedj's overlapping runs .... also no Popa at WSW, no Arnold at SFC, and consider the overall increase in coaching since he left ... AU, Roar, Newcastle, Heart all have very decent coaches whereas when he was playing for us only AP at the Roar could match it with Arnold / Moss ...

The Hal 7 & 8 sides he excelled in where very good sides he helped make them good sides but by heck he had some decent players around him.... he will not get that with the Nux .... Consider the last WC squad... Trent & Rogic if not injured would have been in the squad, add Matty, Olly, ... OK Jedi and Wilko as well.... But 4 players in the Mariner squad he played in would have been at the WC if not injured ...

Sometimes I don't think we fully appreciate how good the Hal 7 & 8 sides were ...

I guess I am saying he was good but the squad around him helped a lot .... I don't think he will be as effective at the Nux ...

Having said all this if we win and he comes back he will still be an excellent player ... he will be in a weaker squad that's all... playing against better sides far better coached...

Last edited:

pjennings

http://www.ccmariners.com.au/articl...-for-central-coast/13smdz3wkdmc41p26fgwgz45qf

Tuesday, 12 August 2014 -
www.CCMariners.com.au

Central Coast Mariners can today announce the Club has agreed to terms with Hungarian attacker Richárd Vernes on a two-year loan deal from Budapest Honvéd.
Vernes, 22, is a versatile attacking midfielder and links with the yellow and navy having spent much of his professional career with the Hungarian capital club.

Vernes played his youth football at one of the country’s elite football clubs, Ferencváros, before joining cross-town rivals Honvéd in 2007.
The creative attacker, who represented Hungary at youth level, is an exciting youngster with plenty of potential to develop while on the Central Coast.
Vernes arrives at the Mariners on the glowing recommendation of Hungarian great Lajos Detari.
Vernes has averaged a goal every five games during his time in Hungary’s OTP Bank Liga – he scored six goals throughout Budapest Honvéd’s 2013-14 campaign, including one in the Europa League.
Today, Central Coast Mariners Head Coach Phil Moss said he believes Vernes is the perfect addition to his squad.
“We are extremely delighted to have captured a player of Richárd’s quality and bring him to Australia at this stage of his career, where he is extremely hungry to take his game to another level,” he said.
“In all my dealings with Richárd – his work ethic, professionalism and team before an individual mentality has shone through and I believe he can help take the team to another level.”
“The A-League was his number one preference and he has done a lot of research on the Mariners on and off the field, and his first comment to me was that it is the culture that sits most comfortably with him.”
Moss admits the creative attacker will add depth and quality to his team’s front third and a fierce competition for places.
“He’s under no illusion as with Malick (Mané) that everyone will have to fight hard to play and no one is secured a spot. I believe that his signing along with Malick has really given us some fierce competition for spots in the top third of the field.”
Moss said that it is crucial that he and his coaching staff take their time during each transfer window in order to add the best possible players to the Mariners’ squad.
“We were very specific about the two foreigners we bought to the Club, we were looking for players at the right stage of their career. They are players that really want to come here and develop as footballers,” he said.
"I want players who will excite our fans and have the ability to create and/or score goals every time we go forward.
“We play to structures that allow for individual flair and creativity in attack, and these players will add in that department what we already have in the squad.”
“I'm excited and pleased with how the squad is shaping up. Everyone is training the house down, and it’s great we are now entering the next phase of our pre-season,” Moss concluded.
Central Coast Mariners will send further fan, member, and media updates regarding Richárd Vernes’ arrival in Australia in due course.
Richárd Vernes
Position: Striker/Winger
Nationality: Hungarian
Date of Birth: 24 February 1992 (Age: 22)
Previous Club: Ferencváros

nebakke

Probably so that if they don't work out (like someone else who's just left us), we're not stuck with them.

Yeah, probably not the worst way to have a look at them... Also, I'm guessing it's a nice way to, sort-of, make sure that there are never any concerns over whether they get paid or not ;) Worst case scenario, we run out of money and, presumably, they return to their club.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred