• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners squad HAL 10 ~ 2014/15

localpom

My coarse cut marmalade for breakfast is stronger than Kim...
Quite possibly, not sure what marmalade you are eating Roy....but, i think he is just bluffing trying to get free kicks (well, i know he is!). Hopefully that will change and he can just get on with creating chances with his through balls and corners and scoring lots of nice free kicks.
Getting a craving for marmalade and toast now, will have to stop off at Cole's on the way home.

sydmariner

Quite possibly, not sure what marmalade you are eating Roy....but, i think he is just bluffing trying to get free kicks (well, i know he is!). Hopefully that will change and he can just get on with creating chances with his through balls and corners and scoring lots of nice free kicks.
Getting a craving for marmalade and toast now, will have to stop off at Cole's on the way home.
:popcorn:

Big Al

Mossy Gambau's assistant
& Monty Added to A League Allstars
We have 2nd biggest contingent would have been bigger if a certain SFC traitor wasn't wearing baby blue

true believer

How was size the defining factor? Chile's team was on average significantly shorter than Japan's and yet they were a cracking team. Bosnia and Herzegovina were the second tallest team and they were shit.
the J's were monstered out of it by ivory coast and never recovered.
chile never played physical sides outside of oz which were a shadow of 06
in the A league last year . we got beat in the semi by largely physical tactics that took 6 fouls before
La rocca pulled a card . are you expecting protection for our guys this year ? wrong colored shirt for that.

dibo

The Japanese were leading against Cote d'Ivoire, despite their size. What cost them was tactics, not size.

Chile competed well with Netherlands, who were physically imposing, and Brazil who were brutal - making WSW look like choirboys - taking the home side to penalties.

I can't see how size was a factor, or else you'd have picked big sides to win every game. Germany were the biggest squad and won the tournament, but as I said B&H were the 2nd biggest and did f**k all. Doesn't seem that great a predictor of success.

eenfish

Dunno where-else to put it, and not sure if it has been mentioned before, so I'll put it here.

Been doing some updating to my football manager roster, making sure the Mariners are accurate, and was doing some research on Tim Knight, our fitness coach aka the guy who replaced Clarky.

http://au.linkedin.com/pub/timothy-knight/65/677/85a
Take a peak at his linkedin, specifically the Publications section. He has quite a few articles to his name, including one published in an international journal that was specifically about training loads for football players, also has Clarky's name to it as well.

Basically, this guy is a real asset to have.

sydmariner

Dunno where-else to put it, and not sure if it has been mentioned before, so I'll put it here.

Been doing some updating to my football manager roster, making sure the Mariners are accurate, and was doing some research on Tim Knight, our fitness coach aka the guy who replaced Clarky.

http://au.linkedin.com/pub/timothy-knight/65/677/85a
Take a peak at his linkedin, specifically the Publications section. He has quite a few articles to his name, including one published in an international journal that was specifically about training loads for football players, also has Clarky's name to it as well.

Basically, this guy is a real asset to have.
& yet we still had lot's of injuries & were lacking in fitness last season

eenfish

& yet we still had lot's of injuries & were lacking in fitness last season

Were we?
The big injuries were to Neill and Flores. I can't remember any other concerns there.
For fitness, our issues were players coming in unfit. Simon coming back from major injuries, Trifiro, Sim and Cernak all coming in midseason.

sydmariner

Were we?
The big injuries were to Neill and Flores. I can't remember any other concerns there.
For fitness, our issues were players coming in unfit. Simon coming back from major injuries, Trifiro, Sim and Cernak all coming in midseason.
kwas, morton, slater

some guy

kwas, morton, slater

Kwas was out before Knight arrived (or maybe right at the same time). Either way given the nature of the injury and his recent history it seems hard to pin that on the newly appointed fitness coach (although admittedly I don't know the specifics of how the injury happened).

midfielder

OK this maybe OK is one of those "O I wish this could be true""

If Seip goes and we let weeJudas go ... and we are looking for someone who can play a number 10 and striker positions... would we have the funds to get James Troisi ...

scottmac

Suspended
Ah, the lost art of tackling (sigh), when men were men and tippy toed ballet dancing posers were nervous. You didn't get any of that stick your arse out and make no attempt to play the ball nonsense because you would end up flat on said arse on the ground with a sore ankle, or two, for good measure. Since FIFA issued a world wide ban on aggressive play the hard men have been in decline (another sigh). Monty can tackle, Bosnar too, but the rest just run around and stick out a toe or grab a shirt. Fitz and Trif are eager hard working players who will give everything they have but they can't tackle for toffee. As for Amini, I just hope his German education has shown him how because he could not tackle when he left Bluetongue.
You misunderstood.
I didn't mean they could tackle. I meant they are tough in the exchange. They don't just roll over when challenged.

iEatHands

Were we?
Are you kidding! I remember just after he joined the back 4 would be pulling up from the 70-80th minutes!! Ando, Storm and Tesco had significant issues finishing 90 minutes not long after he joined! We're just lucky it wasn't anything too serious like what happened to Flores.

Einstein

You do understand that NOTHING changed in the transition and it was perhaps the pre loaded fitness prior to the transition that was the determinate factor? I believe they were using the same planned program since the start of pre-season, these things are not made up on a week to week basis.

Last edited:

localpom

Are you kidding! I remember just after he joined the back 4 would be pulling up from the 70-80th minutes!! Ando, Storm and Tesco had significant issues finishing 90 minutes not long after he joined! We're just lucky it wasn't anything too serious like what happened to Flores.
If there major issues with fitness it would have been due to pre-season conditioning which was before Knight had any impact. We can only judge him on this season. Overall last year, all things considering there weren't many injuries apart from the long term ones.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred