• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners axe CEO

midfielder

PT said we where staying on the Coast today... thats good enough for me....

Also did not see any SBS folk today ....

Reactions: adz

scoober

SBS was there yesterday, see 'the world game' for interviews of a few boys plus charlesworth. Very doom and gloom interviews with the one constant theme....."coach going, all the players going"!! over and over and over.

elevated position

In any small business everyone has multiple roles and I gather some of McKay's roles were to implement ways of generating funds through memberships, sponsors camps etc. Now after 8 years he is released because he ran out of ideas as most CEO's do.
An example. I have been a member for 7 years with 5 platinium seats most in a company name which gives CCM a Data base. Not once have I been called to have a chat about who we are and if we could work together in some way (player sponsors etc). So proactive, no.
Melbourne have a business model which we can implement on a smaller scale. This system is designed to suit business people however it is one bow that the club (and us as fans) can benefit.

If there is any interest in this type of group contact me to discuss and present this to the powers that be.

bikinigirl

In any small business everyone has multiple roles and I gather some of McKay's roles were to implement ways of generating funds through memberships, sponsors camps etc. Now after 8 years he is released because he ran out of ideas as most CEO's do.

. i know what you are saying but i have actually been quite grateful to have a ceo working hard behind the scenes (perhaps a little presumptuous of me ... but consider what has actually been achieved). compare that to some of our opposition

. what i would prefer to question is what about those (appointed by mckay or not) that have specifically been responsible for marketing, communications, engagement, membership and sponsorship - have you heard from any of those people?

elevated position

. what i would prefer to question is what about those (appointed by mckay or not) that have specifically been responsible for marketing, communications, engagement, membership and sponsorship - have you heard from any of those people?

I am not questioning McKay hardwork and dedication at all however in the bracketed part of your reply is probably the answer. Either way he is in the driving seat unless all descisions were PT's. And I don't know any progressive quality CEO's who would cop interference for too long so at 8 years you would say he has had his opportunity.

Roy Law

Seems to me that the club having invested in the best person for matters on the field, and that investment paying off in spades, perhaps now is the time to invest in the best person for matters off the field?

Forum Phoenix

An example. I have been a member for 7 years with 5 platinium seats most in a company name which gives CCM a Data base. Not once have I been called to have a chat about who we are and if we could work together in some way (player sponsors etc). So proactive, no.
Melbourne have a business model which we can implement on a smaller scale. This system is designed to suit business people however it is one bow that the club (and us as fans) can benefit.

If there is any interest in this type of group contact me to discuss and present this to the powers that be.

I agree with both you and BG. Though I'm not entirely sure who is responsible, and I suspect it's most likely been a case of all hands on deck and a first things first approach out of necessity. And probably quite a remarkable job has been done with that in mind.

I also co own some businesses here on the coast and I know there are definitely things outside the box in terms of cross promotion that could be beneficial to both my businesses and the clubs. Hopefully the new community involvement and rethink etc they are talking about will give us a better chance to see how we could maybe help out.

On another note. I've always been pretty astounded that there isn't a Mariners Billboard/sign at Erina Fair and Westfield Tuggerah - preferably at the main entrances - which specifically dvertises the next upcoming fixture. Do this one simple thing and you reach the vast majority of our population each week. It's just crazy how many people I know who do love the Mariners, they will go to games, but largely, unless I tell them, have no idea about upcoming games etc.

Anyway, which ever way you cut it, the desire to improve is definitely exciting., and looking forward to how this may take shape.

Forum Phoenix

SBS was there yesterday, see 'the world game' for interviews of a few boys plus charlesworth. Very doom and gloom interviews with the one constant theme....."coach going, all the players going"!! over and over and over.

So frustratingly typical.

Gratis

On the CEO, restructure and ACL-
"A-League football clubs lost close to $20 million in the season just completed, adding to the almost $27 million the teams lost in the 2011-12 season.

However, there is optimism the clubs – nine of which are privately owned, with another, the Western Sydney Wanderers, owned by the Football Federation Australia – will see improved financial results next season when a new broadcast deal begins.

The deal with Fox Sports Australia and SBS is worth $40 million annually for four seasons – double the value of the previous contract with Fox Sports.

The new broadcast deal will mean the central grant from the FFA to the clubs will rise from the current $1.9 million to $2.5 million or more, which it is hoped will at least cover player wages, although the FFA will soon enter negotiations with Professional Footballers Australia regarding a new enterprise bargaining arrangement.

It is understood that Melbourne Victory was the only club to record a small profit for the 2012-13 season, although Melbourne Heart and Adelaide United reportedly broke even.

Sydney FC recorded a large loss despite a season in which crowds rose due to the popularity of marquee player Alessandro Del Piero, as did Perth Glory, which was forced to play in a below-capacity home ground for much of the season as nib Stadium underwent refurbishment.

Grand finalists the Wanderers and champions the Central Coast Mariners also recorded losses of more than $1 million respectively, with the Mariners already moving to restructure under new majority owner Mike Charlesworth, who sacked chief executive John McKay last week.

Charlesworth, a British telecommunications company owner, is taking closer control of the club and has been concerned about the immediate financial future of the Mariners, which will eventually receive alternative revenue streams from its $40 million property development, which includes a hotel and office block, when it is completed within the next two years.

Charlesworth last week told the Australian Financial Review the Mariners may seek to not compete in the 2014 Asian Champions League because entering the competition costs the club about $300,000 in travel and other costs.

However, FFA chief executive David Gallop said the Mariners needed to look at the longer-term picture regarding the ACL.

“It is difficult now but the benefits of competing in Asia for Australian clubs will become even more apparent in five, 10 and 20 years’ time.”

The FFA is also in the market for a new digital partner after incumbent holder Optus could not come to terms with the sport’s governing body. A new partner is expected to be announced in May, although Optus could still extend its contract.

http://www.afr.com/p/lifestyle/sport/league_season_score_down_UfyEAJU3a6IzQjBPsaNO9J

bikinigirl

. if charlesworth's approach is to get funding from the ffa for the acl ... then i whole-heartedly agree, well played sir

. it's all well and good for gallop to say we need to look at the benefits in 5, 10 or 20 years time ... but that is of little comfort if we won't survive two!

. we have received little tangible benefit from competing in asia to date and i would suggest that as things stand the ffa has far more to lose than we have to gain from us competing or not next year. lets face it, the ffa will already be funding the wsw campaign in the acl ... melbourne as the only profitable club should be able to cover the cost of their one game ;)

tsd

So the 10 a-league teams lost a total of $20mil, average of 2mil each... the mariners lose $1mil but are all over the news?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred