• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Live stream Mariners V Jest from Mudgee

Wombat

Good post.
I remember in season 1 seeing people at the games that knew nothing about the game but were there for the spectacle. When I asked them what they were doing there they said it was the best Football they had ever been too and heaps of fun, but they weren't there in Season 2!

Wombat

I tried to watch the Sydney game tonight but the stream was so horrible I didn't bother.
I did see Bojic give away the ball 3 times in the 5 minutes I endured.

dibo

long but good post
I don't think you're wrong in any part of your post. When I post about football's paranoia, I'm not saying they're not out to get us, I'm saying that worrying about that fact won't help. Take your RL loving friends as an example - if we consistently highlight the fact that their code is the biggest brake on our success in NSW, that won't endear us to them. If we take them along and show them a good time, it might not convert them then and there but it *does* make a positive difference.

You're absolutely right about the parochialism - that's exactly why I'm so incredibly and persistently bad-tempered about the northern suburbs games. The only way we succeed in the long term is convert participants to fans (and vice versa, for what it's worth...) and ensure that we get that consistent generation-to-generation transmission of the love of the game. That's what supported the old 'ethnic' clubs - parents taking their kids from day dot to go see *their* club. That's what the A-League clubs need to build and will only do through the passage of time.

There's nothing we can do about the MSM or whatever other than not give them an excuse to pile in. The rest is just about frankly ignoring them and supporting outlets that are positive outlets for football.

Funny thing - The Guardian is pretty good on football (as you might expect) and while I don't read the Daily Heil, they're apparently drawing a massive number of eyeballs at the moment and I'd be surprised if they weren't also pretty pro-football. ABC and Fairfax are pretty good, and News Ltd are genuinely getting much better. TV will follow in time. For the meantime, I'd rather think about the game I love rather than the odd journo or network boss I hate.

midfielder

I think Gallop's "State of the Game Address" goes to the heart of the issues / problems whatever you wish to call it.

When I look back at Football I see a corrupt, inept, bankrupt of ideas, broke, internally divided & in-wood looking, with no money... Stuart & Crawford reports...

With all this other codes and media organisations developed relationships and co support for each other, which included putting the boot into football.. Further especially in Victoria almost a war like attack on things other then AFL especially Football.. Additionally an embedded anti Football theme among top executives Australia wide was [and in some cases still is] huge.

Overcoming years of this behaviour and status-que beliefs, takes time lots of time as well as excellent management.

Everywhere you go the other codes have very influential fans with varying degrees of power and influence, across all Australian organisations both private and public.

Its kinda a two pronged approach, while I agree with D that the way forward is to be positive ... however that should not blind us to some folk who just don't like Football.. and put the slipper in whenever they can.

Why Gallop's hope is to unite the tribes [to coin a much used phase] is very important . We Football folk with our NSL bitters, Euro Snobs, Association Demi Gods and I could go on need to come together all get on the same page .

We are in a evolution, I counted on Wednesday after the FFA cup on Tuesday night, 7 articles on the News site, 5 articles on the smh web site, and the ABC was running across the bottom of their news updates from about 22:00 on Tuesday night with the scores... morning shows replayed many of the goals... this in the week of the AFL GF and NRL final. So its happening...

But I stand by what I said because of the person who told me, [he was totally unaware I was a Football fan and believed I was a RL rusted on] there are those in Gosford council who see the CCS as RL stadium and don't want it to become a Football stadium, how much influence they have I honestly don't know... but to pretend they are not there and in reasonable numbers is wrong.

Rant over but what,s the old saying .. the price of liability is ####

Wombat

Who makes up the voting party on Gosford council?
Let's name and shame!
Are you with the Mariners or not?
Let's get it on record and lobby those that need some re-education.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred