• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

"I for one welcome our insect overlords" - The Politics Thread

dibo

10347718_575916609173495_1963612938590960441_n.jpg

midfielder

Just before the budget... my feelings.... we need to bring the budget back to surplus as soon as practicably possible...

There are five ways.
1] Cut Cost
2] Increase Tax
3] Sell Assets
4] Build less infrastructure
5] Increase business activity.

Number 5 will be the result of point 1 to 4 being well balanced.

eenfish

Perhaps the most blatant form of discrimination evident (apart from the massive cuts to indigenous services), is the changes to disability pension. Most glaring of all is, according to the back page of the Herald Sun, is that people on disability may not go overseas for more than 4 weeks. Thats ridiculous. Just because someone is disable they're not allowed to travel overseas? Utter horse shite.

dibo

The list of wreckage is pretty extensive, and a lot of it seems to be pure meanness. Funding cut from acute mental health services but extended for school chaplains? Cutting funding to schools and hospitals and basically daring the states to raise the GST?

I want to know how exactly the rich are bearing their fair share too. A temporary tax hike vs permanent fuel tax hikes and spending cuts?

f**k that. These guys are arseholes.

true believer

changes , according to the back page of the Herald Sun, is that people on disability may not go overseas for more than 4 weeks. Thats ridiculous. Just because someone is disable they're not allowed to travel overseas? Utter horse shite.
that was for the Lebanese muslim haters . in alan jones land

dibo

We get ~$50b/yr from the GST.

He's cutting $80bn/10 yrs from the states, so they'll probably need to jump it up to about 12.5% to get revenue up to $58b/yr cover the loss. If they go to 15%, they can definitely afford to get rid of stamp duties and other ridiculously inefficient taxes.

The problem is this - the burden of the GST falls heavier on low-income (and no-income) earners. So while the top 3% will for just a few years pay a little bit extra, the bottom end will pay more forever.

Yet again, it's a demonstration of twisted priorities from a government more interested in governing for their mates than for the rest of us.

Einstein

We get ~$50b/yr from the GST.

He's cutting $80bn/10 yrs from the states, so they'll probably need to jump it up to about 12.5% to get revenue up to $58b/yr cover the loss. If they go to 15%, they can definitely afford to get rid of stamp duties and other ridiculously inefficient taxes.

The problem is this - the burden of the GST falls heavier on low-income (and no-income) earners. So while the top 3% will for just a few years pay a little bit extra, the bottom end will pay more forever.

Yet again, it's a demonstration of twisted priorities from a government more interested in governing for their mates than for the rest of us.
According to the GST agreement with the States was the Stamp Duty tax suppose to be abolished?

dibo

Stamp duty of property sales isn't peanuts. As much as I hate paying it (and I have recently and soon again), it is a progressive tax on capital, which I applaud.
It's a tax on transactions, not capital, and makes the market 'sticky'. Stamp duty on a $500k property is nearly $18k, which is a serious impediment to first homebuyers. Land tax poses no such impediment but can tax capital just as progressively as stamp duty.

According to the GST agreement with the States was the Stamp Duty tax suppose to be abolished?
No idea.

midfielder

We need another political ad like the Its Time ... the cream of the music / TV / Arts coming together ... this and at the war ... my first vote ...

Blinkly Bill should get the camera out and start signing...

eenfish

Instead of catchy tunes to win votes, Billy boy should keep to attacking the disgusting tactics and politics of the Liberal party. If Billy comes up with a proper, viable alternative then people will vote for him.

As for the stealthy GST increase, the Herald Sun had a double page spread that talked about all the financial benefits and a picture of a woman holding her child. I was too enraged by the emboldened words implying that GST was a good thing that I couldn't bring myself to read it. Those scum sucking bastards are trying to stooge us, and stooge us, and stooge us.

Einstein

And the odd properly costed policy would not go astray! and a decent treasurer under pinning the PM. Shorten is not our solution sadly. I think his strong union links will bite him.

dibo

The Labor Party is built on the union movement and has been in power federally for 21 of the last 40 years and in NSW for 29 of the last 40 years.

Consequently, I don't think 'union links' scare people as much as dyed in the wool libs think they do.

I think the country wants politicians who makes reasonable decisions in the interests of the country. If they do that, I honestly don't think they particularly care what 'links' they do or don't have.

I didn't watch the budget reply last night, but my leftie mates think that it was Shorten at his best, fired up and throwing punches.

eenfish

I think the Liberals forget just how many Australians are part of the working class, and how the unions do more for them than the Liberal government currently is. The nurses union certainly has done more for me than the Libs have.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred