• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Stadium, our idyllic bayside home

Golly

im for gosford city dragons
sometime after 1983 as thats the year the grey otto bins came to gosford

Manny_ccm

MrCelery

Actually I'm mistaken. That photo was of the curtain-raiser BEFORE the Newcastle KB United v Combined Central Coast match. In the main match Newcastle United (before they became Scum) won the match 4-0. Goals to David Kamasz, Alf Stamp, Malcolm McClelland (2).

And as if I didn't feel old already, I notice my old classmate Brett Cowburn, who played for KB United, had his son playing for the Jets tonight.

Sydmariner, I'll have a nice Danish Blue please.

Full size photo:
103-KBUnitedvCombinedCentralCoast-AlfStamp-1981.jpg

sydmariner

Actually I'm mistaken. That photo was of the curtain-raiser BEFORE the Newcastle KB United v Combined Central Coast match. In the main match Newcastle United (before they became Scum) won the match 4-0. Goals to David Kamasz, Alf Stamp, Malcolm McClelland (2).

And as if I didn't feel old already, I notice my old classmate Brett Cowburn, who played for KB United, had his son playing for the Jets tonight.

Sydmariner, I'll have a nice Danish Blue please.

Full size photo:
103-KBUnitedvCombinedCentralCoast-AlfStamp-1981.jpg

nearlyyellow

Fabulous, fabulous pictures. Thanks for the research and posting them. All the clues were there, the Otto bins, the Silver 80 Wheeler. 1981 eh. When I were just a lad. Well not really but half a lifetime ago. Seems just like yesterday. :rolleyes:

nearlyyellow

Much as I love our stadium with all it's failings, what a contrast driving up Dane Drive beside the Leagues Club on one side and the trees through to the ground then, compared to now it's a concrete canyon. Many's a time when driving up there I parked and wandered over to spend an idle hour watching a cricket game in progress. The sandstone blocks with "Graham Park" carved on them are still there aren't they? I haven't noticed them, but I bet they are. I'll have a look on Sunday.

nearlyyellow

Sure are, and thank goodness for that. It does soften the stadium presence somewhat. Still, it was great to be driving along there and look to the left or right and see whatever sport was being played on the ground at the time. More feeling of openness. Not complaining though, just an observation.

nearlyyellow

Mike Baird has said that, if re-elected next year, they would flog off 49% of the electricity poles and wires for $20b. ("You Will Pay More" and that's a moral!) Infrastructure NSW Chairman, the well known chin talking capitalist, Graeme Bradley, has done a study on how the proceeds should be spent, and in part $600m. will be allocated for sports stadia updates etc. half for Allianz Stadium (new roof?).
Maybe, just maybe, someone could whisper in Mike Baird's ear that CCS needs some sun protection for it's long suffering Eastern Stand patrons?

eenfish

Fantastic photos MrCelery. Gold star for you. Especially those north facing photos, they remind me of being a tiny little kid driving through Gosford before Brian McGowan was built. Love it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred