• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Central Coast Mariners Academy - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

marinerfix

Our young CCMA teams found the going tough against Wolves....keep your heads up boys. Anyway dropped in to watch the Seniors. U20's dominated against Spirit who I was told are on top of the ladder winning 4-1. Good to see the brothers Wilkinson combining well together. A very good team who I believe are in with a real chance. 1st grade played some excellent football and came away 2-1 winners. Lou Bizanic scored a fantastic free kick to put us on the board. But without doubt the star of the night was our Goalie Beyharn Irmako who made some memorable saves including a brilliant penalty stop. Brown, McFarlene, Curren, Verity all had good games and Reagan caused problems for the opposition when he came on.

Luke

Our young CCMA teams found the going tough against Wolves....keep your heads up boys. Anyway dropped in to watch the Seniors. U20's dominated against Spirit who I was told are on top of the ladder winning 4-1. Good to see the brothers Wilkinson combining well together. A very good team who I believe are in with a real chance. 1st grade played some excellent football and came away 2-1 winners. Lou Bizanic scored a fantastic free kick to put us on the board. But without doubt the star of the night was our Goalie Beyharn Irmako who made some memorable saves including a brilliant penalty stop. Brown, McFarlene, Curren, Verity all had good games and Reagan caused problems for the opposition when he came on.

I really enjoyed the 20s and 1st grade last night.20s play some great football and were all over spirit.Surprising that they are 1st but it's a very tight comp.Hopefully some of the 20s trial for youth and impress.

Lous free kick was quality.Had to laugh,just before he hit it the spirit keeper yelled "it's going over, its going over" then he stood and watched as it curled in.

Bubba was definitely the star.Kept the penalty out off the crossbar and made some other great 1v1 saves.If he can be a bit more consistent he has the makings of a great keeper.
Still a chance of promotion if 18s,20s and 1st grade keep winning and Paramatta lose some.
3 games to go!

Roy Law

We who support from great distance really appreciate these glimpses of the future; nice effort, thanks :)

marinerfix

Looking forward to a an important Saturday of football for CCMA. Looks like the teams are putting in a late effort for Club Championship as well as positions in final 5. Exciting times.

marinerfix

Great weekend for CCMA Senior Boys with 18's,20's and 1st grade winning. We are now top of the table in 18's with both 20's and 1st sitting 4th on the ladder. Great to see NYL coach Stuart Jacobs and Sully there. They must of been happy with many of the players. Strong game by Bingham in 1st capped off with a great goal.

Luke

Great weekend for CCMA Senior Boys with 18's,20's and 1st grade winning. We are now top of the table in 18's with both 20's and 1st sitting 4th on the ladder. Great to see NYL coach Stuart Jacobs and Sully there. They must of been happy with many of the players. Strong game by Bingham in 1st capped off with a great goal.
They both left about 30 minutes into first grade.Hopefully they watched the 20s because that's where most of our talent is at.Bingham is the exception,he's quality.There are a few more pretty talented guys but they are borderline on the age limit for youth.

Michael Johnson

Can anyone help with what is happening with next year. I hear CCF is taking over the academy or are they entering their own teams. Also what is going on with the 13's, this is the second year in a row they haven't won a game. I understand Tony Gerasimou will be coaching this team next year, obviously they will be under 14's but will he coach the CCMA or CCF side?

Jolly_Roger

There is a forum that has been organised by CCF at the end of the month which anyone can attend in relation to next years representative program. Apparently CCF have the Football NSW license to run the rep program next year in lieu of the Mariners although no official announcement has been made on the subject. I am sure this will be discussed at the forum.

I believe CCF have requested applications from people with suitable qualifications to coach next year. I don't think
positions would be allocated to any team as yet.

Not sure if the teams will play under the CCMA banner (as they did last year while under CCF control) or whether it will be another name.

marinerfix

Good crowd last night at Pluim for CCMA vs Mariners. Congrats to CCMA 1st grade who I thought played well to keep the score 2-1 after 60 minutes, with a bit of luck it could have been 2-2. Great to see the young up and comers perform well and with confidence.

Michael Johnson

Thanks jolly_roger I thought there might be an application but you know how these things are done. Tony is telling all the 13's he will coach them next year, don't know where that leaves our 12s side. Its funny because they then are now signing up to his futsal clinic but what is the problem with the 13s. I know there are 2 quality players at Blacktown, I think some went to apia, & another club, but these players were at Mariners last year when this team could not win a game. Are there any others out there or is it not the best year for the coast? Could be jumping the gun I hope they win this Saturday, but they can't seem to score & they concede far too many. So does anyone know the issue? Are there any other pathways for the club players, I know looking at the posts someone stated the rep players are 2years advanced of club players, which is probably a little bit narrow minded, but what is ccf doing to develop the fringe rep players. Not bagging anyone just interested.

darrensprod

Thanks jolly_roger I thought there might be an application but you know how these things are done. Tony is telling all the 13's he will coach them next year, don't know where that leaves our 12s side. Its funny because they then are now signing up to his futsal clinic but what is the problem with the 13s. I know there are 2 quality players at Blacktown, I think some went to apia, & another club, but these players were at Mariners last year when this team could not win a game. Are there any others out there or is it not the best year for the coast? Could be jumping the gun I hope they win this Saturday, but they can't seem to score & they concede far too many. So does anyone know the issue? Are there any other pathways for the club players, I know looking at the posts someone stated the rep players are 2years advanced of club players, which is probably a little bit narrow minded, but what is ccf doing to develop the fringe rep players. Not bagging anyone just interested.

Can categorically tell you that no one has been appointed to any role for next year. If Tony is telling them that he is wrong because no one has been appointed.

As for a bridging program between Club and Rep football there is one out there now run by CCF in conjunction with Soccer 5s. Its called the Regional Development Program (RDP) link below

http://www.ccfootball.com.au/development/regional-development-program

neverwozza

Just clarifying that the two blacktown kids didnt play for CCMA last year either. They were part of the team that won the GF with Blacktown in the 12s last year and are arguably the two best players in their repective positions in that age group.

marinerfix

Just been told CCMA seniors transferred to Macarthur. I thought they were playing at Pluim? Pretty tough on the club to lose home ground advantage especially with the importance of the wins for table positions and CC points.

Luke

Just been told CCMA seniors transferred to Macarthur. I thought they were playing at Pluim? Pretty tough on the club to lose home ground advantage especially with the importance of the wins for table positions and CC points.

Yep,because of CCF finals at Pluim.Which is a shame considering how important the game is.

Roy Law

According to Football NSW Pluim is 'occupied'

Jolly_Roger

Perhaps a better move would have been the Centre of Excellence at Tuggerah with a 3.00pm start for first grade?

In fairness, Pluim belongs to the clubs of the central coast. They should have the right to play their finals on it.

Roy Law

Firsts won 1-0 but its all academic (sorry, unfortunate pun) as CCF take over next year and have no interest in promotion? Tommy Spencer with the winner; a famous name from the early history of the Mariners, perhaps he should be skipper :innocent:
I have no idea what is really happening behind the scenes, and I doubt anyone is going to be honest enough to explain, but it is a real shame for the Academy to have been dumped. Another bubble of hope and pride has burst. Is it over money issues? From what I have seen and heard of Charlesworth, it is the most likely reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred