• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM V Jests 30th Nov

pjennings

I'm done navel gazing. This is our season on the line. Both managers are under the gun. However, to paraphrase Andrew the boy wonder from indoor cricket

"It's just not fair but I don't care, as long as we beat the Scum" :pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot:

With the exception of Monty and a fit Simon I think this is close to the best XI we have and certainly better than anything we have put out this year.

------------------Reddy-------------
Roux - Poscoliero - Rose - Neill
----------------- Hutch ------------
---------- Trifiro - Caceres -------
Vernes------------------------ Fitzy
---------------- Duke ---------------

Nash, Anderson, Kalik, Cernak, Simon

I really don't want to see Bosnar, Kim and Mane play especially if they are on the way out. I also don't think that Anderson, Griffiths or Sim should be considered first team players. They are squad players that sometimes should make the match-day squad. the fact that our best LWB is considered a first choice CB is pretty damming on our CBs.

With Matty coming back Duke and Fitzy both need to step up and start finishing their chances. I think the combination of Tricky, Caceres and Vernes all advanced should create more chances. But we really need to tuck them away.

dibo

I'm done navel gazing.
It's derby time. For the first time in ages it's relevant. I don't care if we play like busted arses, clear the ball off our line a dozen times and score the winner off the back of Birighitti's head from a shanked cross - I want a win. No more, no less.

Gratis

:With the exception of Monty and a fit Simon I think this is close to the best XI we have and certainly better than anything we have put out this year.

Yes, nailed it!

localpom

I'm done navel gazing. This is our season on the line. Both managers are under the gun. However, to paraphrase Andrew the boy wonder from indoor cricket

"It's just not fair but I don't care, as long as we beat the Scum" :pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot:

With the exception of Monty and a fit Simon I think this is close to the best XI we have and certainly better than anything we have put out this year.

I really don't want to see Bosnar, Kim and Mane play especially if they are on the way out. I also don't think that Anderson, Griffiths or Sim should be considered first team players. They are squad players that sometimes should make the match-day squad. the fact that our best LWB is considered a first choice CB is pretty damming on our CBs.

With Matty coming back Duke and Fitzy both need to step up and start finishing their chances. I think the combination of Tricky, Caceres and Vernes all advanced should create more chances. But we really need to tuck them away.
Spot on. I think along with Monty and Matty Simon these are the players that we need week in week out. If we continue experimenting the season will be over before long. We know what we are getting from these players and they will fight hard and not cause disharmony. If we can somehow offload the 3 or 4 that aren't working then 2 or 3 additions to compliment that side would be great. I would also like to see Liam Rose and Kalick get a chance off the bench. Ando will also get his chances as he is the next best option at CB

midfielder

Only change for me would be to swap Duke and Vernes ... I like the 4-1-4-1 format as well...

Atomic

That backline excites me and worries me at the same time. Roux and Neill have nailed dowm the L & R back positions imo. Pos is an investmetn in the future and deserves that spot. We need to nurture him and I think he (and Neill) will turn out to be gems for us. If only we had Dutchy playing in Rosey's spot... alas.

It would be a harsh call to drop Rosey... he hasn't done anything wrong. I dont think he is a CB though. We need his experience in the backline but given the average age of the other 3 is about 12, Rosey needs to step up and take command. Is he up to the task? Can he dominate like Dutchy or Wilko? I still have fond memories of being able to hear Wilko yelling at his team mates. I haven't heard anyone else yell that loud since.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I'm with Dibo...I don't care if we play like busted arseholes...we HAVE to whoop the scum....As for line ups, anything from the AU game not involving Anderson or Sim (and possibly Dukes) will do me...Might be time to get the strikers from the youth a run , never know, they may find the back of the net

tsd

All fine but you can't have 2 small centre backs... so it's ando and rose or bosnar and posco

Wombat

I'm with Dibo...I don't care if we play like busted arseholes...we HAVE to whoop the scum....As for line ups, anything from the AU game not involving Anderson or Sim (and possibly Dukes) will do me...Might be time to get the strikers from the youth a run , never know, they may find the back of the net

Duke will come good Recky. It's only bad coaching that's hurting him. Confidence is massively important and being played all over the place and told to defend when we already have 9 outfield players in our own half is not good for a striker.
Play Duke and Simon as dual strikers and suddenly our opponents don't have all day to set their counter attacks when we give the ball away.

pjennings

All fine but you can't have 2 small centre backs... so it's ando and rose or bosnar and posco
Given the way Anderson and Bosnar are playing I would stick with the two I picked. If you are worried about size in heading duels then consider that Josh is taller than Timmy Cahill and Poscoliero only an inch shorter than Timmy. Timmy hasn't had a problem and Jacob has looked better and less clumsy than either Zac or Eddie in challenging for high balls.

Gratis

Duke will come good Recky. It's only bad coaching that's hurting him. Confidence is massively important and being played all over the place and told to defend when we already have 9 outfield players in our own half is not good for a striker.
Play Duke and Simon as dual strikers and suddenly our opponents don't have all day to set their counter attacks when we give the ball away.
agreed - i think dual strikers, especially these two, would be very effective for us at the moment

VicMariner

Dual strikers sends a message that your attacking at least.
Maybe go back to a midfield diamond?

--------------Hutch ----------------
Vernes---------------------- Fitzy
-------------Caceres---------------
-------Simon--------- Duke ------

Whatever, I really, really want us to win this one.

MagpieMariner

As I've said in another thread, we've done best (at least since season 3 when I started following) with two up front. Let's go back there.

dibo

This team played with one up front, and I think they went alright.

1366555774427.jpg

MagpieMariner

How many of those players are still here? And what sort of quality have we replaced them with? We can't continue trying to play the way that team did because the quality is not there any longer. So we need to try something different.

dibo

How many of those players are still here? And what sort of quality have we replaced them with? We can't continue trying to play the way that team did because the quality is not there any longer. So we need to try something different.
There's a big unstated assumption there that playing with one up front relies on having high quality players. We had some pretty high quality players in other years too.

There's a second one implied one there too - that playing with two up front doesn't require the same quality.

We won trophies both ways with similar squads - the 2011/12 league winning side was still playing the diamond 4-4-2. We've played with two up front and won bupkis too.

There's more to it than the formation alone, and so changing formation is not an automatic improvement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred