• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM semi first leg v Smurfs away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironbark

I had hoped we'd learnt from the first game, and even though we did better in the second we still didn't deal with the high energy press.

Feel like we'll surely tweak again and improve further.

We need to support each other for off the ball options with an extra player in the mids, and really need to be ready with a long ball and an Alou or Edmo ready to sprint onto it in order to take the confidence out of their press. Just what I'd like to see with my very amateur thoughts at this level.

Allreet?

While we've not beaten them this year, we've not yet played them in a game which has everything riding on it.

We've shown ourselves to be resilient when it really matters so hopefully that happens again tonight and next week.

Tevor

we need to make a song and dance .about shirt grabbing and fouling on the counter .
this is a principle part ,of their game plan .so their not caught out of position on the press .

very confident
Yeah that get away with murder against us which helps their press. I bet the Ref will let them do it again.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

we need to make a song and dance .about shirt grabbing and fouling on the counter .
this is a principle part ,of their game plan .so their not caught out of position on the press .

very confident
For a long time SFC have been masters at fouling in a way that flies under the radar. They know that refs are under a lot of pressure to let the game low - and even moreso in a semi - so they get away with a lot of the niggly stuff, and they are also good at tactical fouling to disrupt, but not when the attack is clear enough for a yellow (of course, a good referee should be aware of this and adjust their strictness on SPA fouls).

Hopefully Danny puts in another shift like the last 2 games

Rising Sun

PSA for those with mobile tickets. A few people outside the ground having problems accessing them. Ticketek are issuing replacement paper tickets but I wouldn't wait until 7.40 to check you can access the ticket in case it is a widespread issue

sydmariner

PSA for those with mobile tickets. A few people outside the ground having problems accessing them. Ticketek are issuing replacement paper tickets but I wouldn't wait until 7.40 to check you can access the ticket in case it is a widespread issue
I had that problem but it works fine if you use the app like I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred