• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

zwaanswijk is the best a-league defender

tsd

we all knew it was obvious, but ive been playing fifa 11 and it turns out their programmers know it too! equal second best player in the league apparently...

culina 75
zwaanswijk 72
Ifill 72
carle 71
hernandez, van dijk, fowler 70

no other defenders even close, i think the beachy at 68 is the closest

yeah so now its cold hard fact! ;)

but seriously how good is he? freaking awesome thats how

cbowden9000

The Mariners stopper is the new minister of defence. We can't choke up the A-League by bringing over a host of European veterans way beyond their use-by date because it only serves to handicap the development of our young talent.

Zwaanswijk, though, shows there's an exception to every rule.

He has more than 600 top-flight games in the Dutch league on his resume and he is passing that knowledge on to young Australian players.

Despite being 35, Zwaanswijk is the best defender in the league with his ability to read the game and his composure under pressure.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/robbie-slater-rates-the-top-ten-players-over-the-first-nine-rounds-of-the-a-league/story-e6frf4gl-1225936596565

tsd

you can almost judge the quality of a CB with how well wilko partners with them... wilko was great with beachy, epic with vidmar, ordinary with boogs, good again with doig and is becoming great-epic again with zwaanswijk... just my general vibe, not based in facts or anything

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Not at all surprised. The Dutchman is is all class. Or as the Dutch would say, "lekker" (nice).

lekker indeed...the rellies after watching him on YouTube in Maastricht have requested a mariners shirt with Zwaans name and number on the back

Jerem

im thinkin about that too! then going to an Eredivisie match
I think tina turner had it down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIrCFrFpHvw

Wombat

Top quality player.

Keeps this up and he'll get player of the year.

I also think that he is better than Beauchamp in season 1.

MrCelery

you can almost judge the quality of a CB with how well wilko partners with them... wilko was great with beachy, epic with vidmar, ordinary with boogs, good again with doig and is becoming great-epic again with zwaanswijk... just my general vibe, not based in facts or anything

Very good point. Wilko was always good, but he's even better now.

MrCelery

lekker indeed...the rellies after watching him on YouTube in Maastricht have requested a mariners shirt with Zwaans name and number on the back

I'm not sure my family in Hilversum are that keen, but great to see the Mariners selling kit overseas!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred