• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

you're listening to what right now????

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Switzerlands greatest export , The mighty Krokus…the lead singer (Marc Storace) is 70…get amongst it

Wombat

Switzerlands greatest export , The mighty Krokus…the lead singer (Marc Storace) is 70…get amongst it
One of the first bands i ever saw live was Krokus. They were pretty bloody good Davey boy!

Next was ...

The Damned
Rory Gallagher
Girlschool (with Lemmy joining then for 2 or 3 songs)

Pretty good introduction to live music tbh.

BrisRecky

One of the first bands i ever saw live was Krokus. They were pretty bloody good Davey boy!

Next was ...

The Damned
Rory Gallagher
Girlschool (with Lemmy joining then for 2 or 3 songs)

Pretty good introduction to live music tbh.
A night of Captain Sensible would make anyone smile ???

midfielder

Just sharing and to lay my cards on the table I grew up listening people like Dylan, Lennon, and so many others … so I was in say junior high school but a hippie…

Short History… and sorries for the essay below but …

TWAS in the city, and my client rang said he would be late but could I wait, and given back to the coast and then back I sat in a café, coffee’s and cake over not quite 3 hours… Got on youtube and listened to Zombie and some reaction vids of Zombie and almost every reaction ended in tears and understanding.

IMO The Cranberries song… Zombie … is arguably the best antiwar song ever, it’s the combination of deep constant throbbing base, along with through provoking lyrics, incredible visuals, all supported by the lead singer vocals screaming pain….

Got home and decided to do a little research into the song, and there is heaps out there about it… But two things stood out, first the song was written by the band after an IRA bombing in London outside the motel they were staying at killed two innocent children… this kinda explains, the lyrics and the pain in the voice…

However, the visuals which IMO make the vid not great but in a class all of its own, were made on Falls Road and they told those in charge they were making a doco otherwise they were not allowed to make the vid, so the soldiers in the vid are real, the kids playing as I understand were local…. And the ruins they sang in were real…

Finally, the vid is from 1994, and has almost 1.3 billion views, meaga times more than songs before and around this era, only ACDC I am aware of has similar views among older

BrisRecky

Just sharing and to lay my cards on the table I grew up listening people like Dylan, Lennon, and so many others … so I was in say junior high school but a hippie…

Short History… and sorries for the essay below but …

TWAS in the city, and my client rang said he would be late but could I wait, and given back to the coast and then back I sat in a café, coffee’s and cake over not quite 3 hours… Got on youtube and listened to Zombie and some reaction vids of Zombie and almost every reaction ended in tears and understanding.

IMO The Cranberries song… Zombie … is arguably the best antiwar song ever, it’s the combination of deep constant throbbing base, along with through provoking lyrics, incredible visuals, all supported by the lead singer vocals screaming pain….

Got home and decided to do a little research into the song, and there is heaps out there about it… But two things stood out, first the song was written by the band after an IRA bombing in London outside the motel they were staying at killed two innocent children… this kinda explains, the lyrics and the pain in the voice…

However, the visuals which IMO make the vid not great but in a class all of its own, were made on Falls Road and they told those in charge they were making a doco otherwise they were not allowed to make the vid, so the soldiers in the vid are real, the kids playing as I understand were local…. And the ruins they sang in were real…

Finally, the vid is from 1994, and has almost 1.3 billion views, meaga times more than songs before and around this era, only ACDC I am aware of has similar views among older

And what a excellent tune it is

BrisRecky

re-reading Blood Sweat and Beers , about Thorpey, Lobby, the tatts and the beginnings of pub rock ..so here’s is The Colored Balls…get amongst it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami