• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Your game day experience

Pokes

What are the highs and lows of your game day experience?

What's that one extra touch that would make your trip to the football perfect? (Aside from beating the Jets every single time...)

What traditions have you noticed over the last 9 years that we need to continue to create history at our club?

FFC Mariner

Honestly?

I get to the ground 5 mins before kick off and then proceed to watch the game.

Stay behind to clap the lads off then go home.

Youth game before main game would make me go earlier (and spend more money) I used to love it when we did that.

Other than that, I don't care :) it's the football that matters not the "match day experience"

gull

Free the sausage rolls! They were the only food that was half decent.

Actually the food really needs a revamp. I end up bringing my own to most games now.

Re-open the "members" bar in the centre of the western side. Was mysteriously closed on the weekend when it's always been open when we've had smaller crowds. Memberships are the highest ever which surely should mean better service?

Big Al

Pretty happy with the game day experience.

Tried bringing my own food last week but still found a reason for some hot chips & a couple of beverages (it's a day out so why not).

MrCelery

Lows - Definitely the food and drink - high prices, low quality and slow service.

Getting beers AND watching the game are a near impossibility in Bay 16. You have to choose one or the other. If you choose the former, expect to stand in a thirsty queue for 20-45 minutes.

Highs - Crowd interaction to lift the team. Just watching the Mariners play is a high.

priorpeter

Lows - Definitely the food and drink - high prices, low quality and slow service.

Getting beers AND watching the game are a near impossibility in Bay 16. You have to choose one or the other. If you choose the former, expect to stand in a thirsty queue for 20-45 minutes.

Highs - Crowd interaction to lift the team. Just watching the Mariners play is a high.

Little pop up bar behind 16 was awesome. Any chance of giving the stadium a nudge to see if we can bring that back?

finally retired

I think playing the Youth (or Women's if we ever get another team) either before or after the A-League game would be a plus to the game day experience.
Like most others have said on here already, the drink and food stands are poorly operated and long queues on big match days are no fun at all.
and lastly....free Mariners sunnies would be fantastic for us Eastern supporters :cool:

priorpeter

I think playing the Youth (or Women's if we ever get another team) either before or after the A-League game would be a plus to the game day experience.
Like most others have said on here already, the drink and food stands are poorly operated and long queues on big match days are no fun at all.
and lastly....free Mariners sunnies would be fantastic for us Eastern supporters :cool:

Playing NYL before the A-League attracts a big additional cost. Stadium has to open a couple of hours earlier so need to pay for security, police, catering staff etc to be on for those extra hours. I don't think we'd recoup the cost.

that being said, I used to enjoy going to the NYL games when they were on before the main game.

sydmariner

Free the sausage rolls! They were the only food that was half decent.

Actually the food really needs a revamp. I end up bringing my own to most games now.

Re-open the "members" bar in the centre of the western side. Was mysteriously closed on the weekend when it's always been open when we've had smaller crowds. Memberships are the highest ever which surely should mean better service?
Bring back the eagle boys pizza stand

sydmariner

Playing NYL before the A-League attracts a big additional cost. Stadium has to open a couple of hours earlier so need to pay for security, police, catering staff etc to be on for those extra hours. I don't think we'd recoup the cost.

that being said, I used to enjoy going to the NYL games when they were on before the main game.
It also ruins the pitch 4 the main game

Bex

Bay 16: Who do we sing for?
East/West grandstands: We sing for yellow!
Repeat a few times, dance for a while, then start again until grandstand interest wanes.
Make it a tradition once per half.
That is all for now.

T

Loved the Pink round, is a great way to support charities and stand out, but also just makes for a great atmoshpere :D

dibo

A roof over the northern end (even just part of it - enough to offer a little shelter but also provide a 'speaker cone' effect) would be magnificent, but seems unlikely to happen.

I agree about the pink days - I bought one of the pink jerseys and am now torn as to which of my two current shirts to wear to Newcastle.

T

I agree about the pink days - I bought one of the pink jerseys and am now torn as to which of my two current shirts to wear to Newcastle.

you know you want to wear the pink one, if only for shits and giggles ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred