• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

You know you grew up on the Central Coast when...

Bear

For all those that had the joy of growing up on the Central Coast....

You had a birthday party at Froggy's

You have been to Troppo

You have had your arse squeezed at Troppo

You have squeezed someone's arse at Troppo

You have given up and walked home after waiting 2 hours for a cab at 2 am out the front of Troppo

You remember Perry's at Terrigal

What the hell is The Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza? It's called Pepper's

You have been genuinely scared when driving through Davis Town

You have had a night out in Sydney, caught the train to Gosford, fallen asleep and woken up in Newcastle

You have a night out in sydney, get the train, wake up in Newcastle, get back on the train and wake up in sydney again.

You laugh at tourists swimming in warm seedy waters of Terrigal Lagoon

As a kid you swam in the warm seedy waters of Terrigal Lagoon

You were once an Erina Fair mall rat

You have put detergent in the fountain at Fountain Plaza

You can't believe what a rip off it is to get in to Largo...but you do it anyway.

The Central Coast Highway will always be The Entrance Rd

You got a wedgie from sliding down the Kamakazi water slide at Forresters Beach but still kept doing it.

You know the difference between Red Bus and White Bus

You have used the saying 'lets do a lap of Terrigal"

You have no idea who the Mayor is.

You get Gosford jokes

You refer to the thai retsaurants in Terrigal as 'the alley one, the upstairs one, the dark one, and Sticky Rice'

Laycock isn't a dirty phrase

You secretly know that Kibble park is not actually a park, but a derro/bogan den!

You know the bottom pub at the Entrance is ok, the top pub is not.

You know that the Reptile Park dinosaur's name is Ploddy.

You knew KFC wouldn't last in Terrigal.

You believe Wyong shouldn't really be a part of the Central Coast

You were proud to have the largest single level shopping centre in the Southern Hemisphere

You never expect to rely on public transport timetables

You played spot the aussie on your first trip to Sydney

You didn't go for a drive to Crackneck or The Skillion for 'the view'

You were suprisingly upset when "Eric" passed away and tried to get a sick day from work (while being in another state) to pay your respects (It didn't work, but it was a nice try)

You had your first pash at the Blue Light Disco!

You laughed when all the media was talking about Iggies like it was this upmarket place...

You threw up at The Entrance carnival...

You remember Old Sydney Town

You had to listen to 2GO to find out if your sports carnival was still on

You shared a goon bag at the top of the rocket in the lions park before the blue light.. (before they bolted the top level!!)

You've jumped off the entrance bridge, ...watch out for the trolleys!!

You remember that Westfields was once just scrub and paddocks...

You remember the old tuggerah station with the little cardboard tickets and the boom gates...

You used to do your shopping at Franklins BIG FRESH in Gosford marketplace cuz it was the best on the coast especially when they started opening on Sundays! whoaaaa :eek:)

You have a severe binge drinking problem that refuses to go away...

You remember that Venture was downstairs at market place and oscars was an awesome place to eat after shopping!

You remember the entrance water slides...

You remember when SeaFM was Coast Rock FM.

You went to sylvesters even though you knew it was a dive!

You take pride in the fact that the central coast is refered to as 'Mt Druitt by the Sea'

You shake your head @ all the wannabe gangs around the coast such as T-Unit, U.B.C., Ra Boys, Coppa Crew and think it's a tad silly

Your big night out was the village twin cinemas in gosford then hung out the front till 11 and then caught a train home

On a boiling summer day you went to the big freezer in Jewels to cool down

You've climbed from Terrigal to the haven via the rocks

You vomited from all you can eat Pizza Hut or Sizzler at Gosford.

Someone in your family always has their birthday at The Lantern Palace.

Joe's (sticky floor) Garage! Need we say more.

You fed emu's at The Ferneries

You got bogged in Avoca Lake on one of those big water trikes.

You played 'pinnies' at Funtasia. 20 cents could last ages!

You went to Gallery 460 for an art excursion

You had been to a birthday party on the train at McDonalds West Gosford

You went to a birthday party at the plaster fun house

Paolo

what's the most coastie thing you've ever done? yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

:popcorn:

dru

Or if you want to date yourself as even older growing up on the coast

when there was only 2GO
And that it was 801AM

Alicia

dru said:
Or if you want to date yourself as even older growing up on the coast

when there was only 2GO
And that it was 801AM

That's one of the ones I don't remember luckily... there's a few others that don't make sense or I didn't do, unfortunately, most of them, quite familiar.

~Floss~

Either I am very old or have an impeccable memory.

2GO changed from 801AM to 108FM in the late 80s IIRC.

Roast Cock FM came on board circa 1989-90-ish.

T

Unfortunatly I do remember most of these...... although never went to Gallery 460.

Ted

It should also mention the Drive-In at Erina (Karalta road was dead end). The drive-in was eventually closed for many years before work commenced on Erina Fair. Most memorable movie I saw there was Star Wars...

W

Wilson

The moon car park at the top of ccl The Leaguesy..

$1.40 schooners at the RSL

The old carnival at The Entrance

Rugby League Grand Finals at Graham Park

Hoover

Adding on to the ploddy one as such but when the reptile park wasat wyoming!! where aldi is now!! i loved the old cinema in gosford i even remember the last movie i saw there was jimanji with robin williams....that movie has a soft spot

scottmac

Suspended
You knew you grew up on the coast when you got excited about the building of the overhead bridge from Gossy station to the lame shopping centre in mann st

Ted

Hoover said:
Adding on to the ploddy one as such but when the reptile park wasat wyoming!! where aldi is now!! i loved the old cinema in gosford i even remember the last movie i saw there was jimanji with robin williams....that movie has a soft spot

Ahh the old Village Twin. got kicked out of there a few times for various reasons, haha.

rosko

The 'Starlight Lounge' at the Ettalong Memorial Club... It hasn't always been a 'White Elephant'...
Playing on the dirt roads of the peninsula as a kid..
Getting excited when 'my' street was tarred... Finally a pitch where you could play cricket and not be beaten by the 'cracks in the pitch'..
Rollerskating at Ettalong Roller Rink..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred