• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

YET ANOTHER SCURRILOUS RUMOUR ...or is it

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I hear there is rumblings that Celtic and Rangers are thinking about joining the EPL...interesting ....but what would that do to the Scottish league...wreck it or give it a kick along once the two big cup hoggers have departed south...I actually think it would probably do both parties the world of good....but I could be wrong

skilbeck

ESSAY ALERT

its been rumored for years and it would do the SPL clubs a load of good, the only downside is that itd kick 2 clubs out of the football league to do it which is gonna piss of many of the smaller english clubs.

it would be a good thing (from a celtic standpoint) to put them in in the EPL level but that would piss off everyone in the EPL and football league. or you could expand the EPL to 22 and thatd piss UEFA off. while both clubs, in the long term and after a settling period, would have the capacity to eventually challenge for top place in the EPL, it could create heartache for me as a celtic fan to lost to your lesser premier league clubs week in and week out and then be relegated to the championship for a few years while the club rebuilds. if celtic was to relive its glory days of being the best club in europe and england in the distant future this must happen. there are however, a lot of politics going against it and it sort of goes against current political trends of independance of scotland as well. but if you ask me, all of the UK i.e. England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland should be under the one league system while they are the one sovereign nation with the regions dividing up below the football league level.

but with all this politics against celtic and rangers joining the EPL i doubt itll happen and i reckon if this was to happen, the english and scottish league systems must be merged. i.e. all SPL clubs would be championship or league 1 level currently and SFL clubs would be league 2 downwards

so from a celtic fan
pros:
- will return my club to its former glory in the long term
- will be able to watch them on fox weekly, instead of having to subscribe for setanta
- will raise more awareness for our derby
- will possibly create some awareness for celtic (and rangers) without the derby to fan it as a lot of the uneducated people dont know one without the other
- money money money

cons:
- lose what is pretty much a guaranteed champions league qualifying spot as i dont think UEFA will give england another one (though the two old firm clubs would initially increase the english coefficients)
- both clubs will initially be fighting to keep their head above the water
- English clubs would not like it and resent the two clubs (especially if both are given straight EPL spots at the expense of current english league sides) this would cause them to attempt to politically destabilise such moves by the FA
- How the hell would they fit into the english league system, would only the 2 be allowed into the FA or would the SFA and the FA be merged and clubs be placed accordingly? if its only the 2 then its unfair to the lesser SFL clubs in that they will not be competitive

yeah, id like it to happen, but dont see it happening

Geaghs

This has been rumoured for a long time but I am almost certain that FIFA has ruled that it would not be allowed.

Sacko

What value would the EPL gain from admitting two big fish from a very small pond?

Which teams would vote them in?
The top 4 at a risk of them breaking into the cartel for Champions League places?
or
The little teams like Fulham and Sp@rs that would be relegated to accommodate them?

Perhaps this tread should be merged into the conspiracy theories... 

BrisRecky

hmmmmm....I reckon the scots would be better value than Stoke and or WBA at the moment

clarence

RECKY said:
hmmmmm....I reckon the scots would be better value than Stoke and or WBA at the moment

The whole idea is about as absurd as us having a NZ team in our comp. Oh, wait a minute...... :-[

loyalist

RECKY said:
lol what a surprise clubs the size of celtic and rangers being better value then clubs like west brom and stoke and fwiw stoke are 14th so you probably could have picked a better example

Paolo

Sacko said:
The little teams like Fulham and Sp@rs that would be relegated to accommodate them?
You accidently called tottenham a little team and suggested they will be relegated. I am pointing this out so you can go back and edit your post.  ;)

p.s maybe you could have actually selected two sides who are in the relegation zone

BrisRecky

forzamariners said:
RECKY said:
lol what a surprise clubs the size of celtic and rangers being better value then clubs like west brom and stoke and fwiw stoke are 14th so you probably could have picked a better example

why??...from my very non-technical way of looking at football...methinks Stoke have been fluking it...but thats just me....

Arabmariner

Just think the soap dodgers could go down to England every other week and do what they did to Manchester last season!! :p

It's not as far fetched as it sounds though.At least Scotland and England are in the same confederation unlike Wellington and our league.It's also no different to Cardiff,Swansea and Wrexham in the English leagues or Berwick Rangers in the Scottish league.

Anyway they'd have to enter the championship (or lower league) and try and win promotion I think.

It could do the SPL the world of good as long as it became a competitive league.Teams could concentrate on bringing on young talent and at the same time have a genuine chance of winning a trophy.

All in all...........the English are welcome to them!! :headbounce:

FFC Mariner

keensy said:
Sacko said:
You accidently called tottenham a little team and suggested they will be relegated. I am pointing this out so you can go back and edit your post.  ;)

p.s maybe you could have actually selected two sides who are in the relegation zone

HAHAHAHAHA

When Wham (aka cheaters) get thrown out of the EPL/go broke/get relegated, thats 1 space free for the sweatys.

skilbeck

Arabmariner said:
Just think the soap dodgers could go down to England every other week and do what they did to Manchester last season!! :p

It's not as far fetched as it sounds though.At least Scotland and England are in the same confederation unlike Wellington and our league.It's also no different to Cardiff,Swansea and Wrexham in the English leagues or Berwick Rangers in the Scottish league.

Anyway they'd have to enter the championship (or lower league) and try and win promotion I think.

It could do the SPL the world of good as long as it became a competitive league.Teams could concentrate on bringing on young talent and at the same time have a genuine chance of winning a trophy.

All in all...........the English are welcome to them!! :headbounce:

that may be the case, but i couldnt see it happening unless the entire scottish league system was merged into the english league system, that said the only silverware Dundee United have a chance of winning are FL1 and FL2 trophies regardless :p

serious14

Greenpoleffc said:
When Wham (aka cheaters) get thrown out of the EPL/go broke/get relegated, thats 1 space free for the sweatys.

And when Roman gets bored of Chelsea and f*cks off to F1 and asks for all of the loaned money back, there's the other spot opened up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred