• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Yellow Cards

Costar

What are the 'rules' about the numbers of yellow cards resulting in suspension?

I understand that 4 yellows gets you a week.  I seem to remember hearing 7 being the next number.

Do the players start with a clean slate in the finals series or do they continue on?

A quick look at the Sydney site showed Talay on 6 cards and Milligan on 3.  They both got yellows tonight against Queensland.  Does that mean Milligan's out for the return match?

I see Boogs is on 3 at the moment.

Thanks for the help.

kevrenor

Costar said:
I understand that 4 yellows gets you a week.  I seem to remember hearing 7 being the next number.
Do the players start with a clean slate in the finals series or do they continue on?
A quick look at the Sydney site showed Talay on 6 cards and Milligan on 3.  They both got yellows tonight against Queensland.  Does that mean Milligan's out for the return match?
Thanks for the help.
Unless you are complete dickhead and get sent off in R21 (like Tiatto) all cards are wiped. Everyone else came in to the finals with 0 cards.

Gav...

Mr Hill on Foxsports tonight said that each players card count resets at 0 but 2 yellow cards in the finals will recieve you a 1 week ban

Costar

Thanks. 

Makes things a bit interesting then.

What about the regular season?  4 yellows and then a week.  What happens after that?

thomas477

then 9 yellows (i think) 3 weeks then every yellow card you get is just as good as a red card that keeps you on the pitch but you cant play in the next game

P

Pete

kevrenor said:
Costar said:
Thanks for the help.
Unless you are complete dickhead and get sent off in R21 (like Tiatto) all cards are wiped. Everyone else came in to the finals with 0 cards.

LOL, sums up Tiatto very well. :piralaugh: Apparently he has done this before and missed Finals matches (in the old NSL?) :redcard:

Wonder if the Roar boys will be singing the Danny Tiatto song if they lose the Semi against Sydney? :naughty:

poetryintheblood

Yellow cards are being given like free toilet paper lately Lol, Shields and Breeze must have the biggest supply on hand Lol, well then again they are both shite heads Lol.

Gav...

why doesnt joel griffiths get yellow cards for commiting a number of professiona fouls i.e standing of vidmar

kepo

poetryintheblood said:
Yellow cards are being given like free toilet paper lately Lol, Shields and Breeze must have the biggest supply on hand Lol, well then again they are both shite heads Lol.
its like a game of yu-gi-oh or something ffs.
They are getting worse these refs every week :mad:

skilbeck

Wheresdadspants? said:
Yeah thanks jaza now piss off

i was gonna say that if you didnt :)

Not liking these refs atm. Something needs to be done about them. They are the only thing standing in the way of having a really good football comp in Australia

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred