• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

YELLOW CARD DANGER

promdi442

With so many games coming up I was wondering who is treading precariously near the yellow line of suspension. Dutchy is the biggest concern at the moment.

Name
1. John Hutchinson. . . 5
2. Patrick Zwaanswijk. . 4
3. Matt Simon . . 3
4. Joshua Rose. . 3
5. Rostyn Griffiths. . 3
6. Daniel McBreen 2
7. Oliver Bozanic 2
8. Pedj Bojic. . 2
9. Patricio Perez 1
10. Nik Mrdja. . 1
11. Adam Kwasnik. 1
12. Michael McGlinchey. . 1
13. Mathew Ryan. . 1

I wonder how many of these yellow cards were genuine yellow cards and how many were for stupidity like back chatting, not moving back 10 meters, time wasting, etc etc.

cbowden9000

At least we've got Doig to cover for Zwaanswijk for a game. It would be a worse issue if Rose for example got suspended as we don't have any natural LB's. Same goes for RM with McGlinchey.

timmers

As long as they stagger their suspensions a little bit, I'm not too concerned. We have cover everywhere on the field. Dutchy will be the most missed, but Doig showed that he is a quality CB when we need him. Thanks for the list though, always helpful to know.

EDIT: Beaten to it. Can't Bozanic play LB? Then Lewis to LM. Not ideal, but still a fairly strong left side.

McGlinchey is one who would be missed. Having Porter out for the season hasn't helped our cover on the right side.

pjennings

At least we've got Doig to cover for Zwaanswijk for a game. It would be a worse issue if Rose for example got suspended as we don't have any natural LB's. Same goes for RM with McGlinchey.

If Rose was out I would be tempted to put Ollie there with Lewis at LM. Ollie seems very good defensively and positionally.

My roughy for Socceroo starting LB in Brazil. What odds can I get?

mariners4ever

marc warren is also a choice at left back

was immense at the youth asian championships

exactly right there mick, just like arnie has been saying, he will blooding youth players if anything comes up, so i would expect the likes of warren, sainsbury, mallia, bernie or fitzy to pop up in squads if anyhing happens

Roy Law

exactly right there mick, just like arnie has been saying, he will blooding youth players if anything comes up, so i would expect the likes of warren, sainsbury, mallia, bernie or fitzy to pop up in squads if anyhing happens

+1
Warren is a member of the first team squad for a reason.

Forum Phoenix

marc warren is also a choice at left back

was immense at the youth asian championships

Was quality in many of the trial games I saw also.

Right mid? I think musty would be the obviousl choice if weemac was out - providing Perez was back in #10.
Mind you even if Perez was out you could have ollie come into the #10 role and bring Lewis into LM.

We look good for cover in my opinion. Striker depth is probably our biggest potential achilles heel... 1 for two positions...
But even then we have Kwas and you could bring in Bernie or Brady or even Hutch at a pinch.

Not worried about depth.

Man we're in good shape! :blink:

cbowden9000

On Fox Sports FC Arnie said that Rose was originally a striker. If Warren was a safe option at LB I wouldn't mind seeing Rose up front with Simon or McBreen. He's certainly got some pace about him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami