• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Yellow Army /active support

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Righto...so how do we get the days of Bay 16 rammed back...or can we....also chant suggestions and vids of other Active Support can go here...proceed

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
0c3db5.jpg

priorpeter

It’s not gonna happen overnight unfortunately. We’ve gone through many iterations over the years - marinators, coastie boys, and now yellow army, which have all fluctuated in numbers for varying reasons. Other clubs have gone through the same thing - again for a variety of reasons; this is not an isolated issue!
On a positive note, we’ve had messages from some younger lads who’ve been around for a couple of years now who are willing to step up into those match day leadership type roles previously held by people like myself, eggy, and jimmy for the last 8 or so years, and people like Craig, Brett, auburn, and others before us. I’ll be working with them to try and get something cracking. It needs to grow organically, you can’t force people into it, but over time I know in my heart of hearts that the bay will grow again.
We might look to organise the annual Back to the Bay/Retro Round a bit earlier this year (I haven’t spoken to anyone about this just yet, just spitballing ideas) to try and give things a bit of a shot in the arm. As Mick said in the other thread - people are sheep and in a big way he’s right - if people see a successful bay with good numbers and people having fun, they’ll naturally want to be part of it and follow! Numbers breed numbers!

Last edited:

priorpeter

Another thing I think is a couple of fresh faces in those leadership positions will help the bay re-evolve. A big part of the reason I wanted to move away was I felt the bay was getting stale with me at the front and there was nothing I could do to fix it. A successful bay 16 was a f**king huge source of pride for me and if I’m honest with myself and everyone here, I probably should have bowed out earlier than I did. In saying that, I tried giving it up a couple of times over the last couple of years but (a) no one else really stepped up and (b) I kinda missed it. A new capo/capos will hopefully reinvigorate things and give the bay a good shake.

Big Al

Yeah showing them the way sounds best.

Maybe start the first 10 then pass it off and get a beer. It’s a pretty daunting job so the young ones will need help.

Also mate you may scare people off. The hardest thing is go next after someone else nailed it.

If i had a go I’d just be abusing people

Ozhammer

I remember the days when the YA guys were witty and creative with some of the stuff they did and it would be great if that approach could somehow be recreated.

marinermick

Another thing I think is a couple of fresh faces in those leadership positions will help the bay re-evolve. A big part of the reason I wanted to move away was I felt the bay was getting stale with me at the front and there was nothing I could do to fix it. A successful bay 16 was a f**king huge source of pride for me and if I’m honest with myself and everyone here, I probably should have bowed out earlier than I did. In saying that, I tried giving it up a couple of times over the last couple of years but (a) no one else really stepped up and (b) I kinda missed it. A new capo/capos will hopefully reinvigorate things and give the bay a good shake.

Can we do retro round in the new year purely for selfish purposes? I will be away all December.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred