• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Wyong Council at its best!

offtheball

Read an interesting article in Friday's Express about the official unveiling of the new state of the art ground at Wadalba.

Kanwal Preso at the launch looking forward to the coming season and espousing how wonderful the new facilities would be for his club.

What the article didn't reveal is that Wyong Council has placed prohibitive restrictions on all of its grounds for playing and training.

The restriction that is going to cause the most angst is Wyong Shire Council Grounds can only be used for one Friday Night per month. So Wadalba, Pat Morley, Lake Haven, Toukley etc can only be used every four rounds.

This is going to cause havoc with the running of the Under 17's and 18's comps.

FFC Mariner

Wasnt the Wyong Mayor the guy who couldnt even be arsed to turn up on time to the Mariners farewell at the waterfront??

Gav...

councils are justed f**ked and anything to do with usuage of sporting grounds they just want to wreck because they are arse's

dibo

offtheball said:
Read an interesting article in Friday's Express about the official unveiling of the new state of the art ground at Wadalba.

Kanwal Preso at the launch looking forward to the coming season and espousing how wonderful the new facilities would be for his club.

What the article didn't reveal is that Wyong Council has placed prohibitive restrictions on all of its grounds for playing and training.

The restriction that is going to cause the most angst is Wyong Shire Council Grounds can only be used for one Friday Night per month. So Wadalba, Pat Morley, Lake Haven, Toukley etc can only be used every four rounds.

so... have you contacted the council?

offtheball

dibo said:
offtheball said:

Yes Dibo I have contacted The council to voice my concern.

I have also contacted Gosford Council asking what the hell is going on with Oznam Fields at Kincumber after five years. Whilst at it I also asked Gosford Council why they are so far behind Wyong in providing fields with adequate lighting for night football.

No response yet.

Your response, Dibo, was prompt and predictable. You seem to be a professional apologist for Central Coast Councils and their failure to provide infrustructure to support a burgeoning population.

Why is it when council is questioned you always respond with why don't you ring council, why don't you run for council etc.

People querying Lawrie's selections, decisions by FFA or those asking about who Lyal is trying to sign don't get the same response.

No contact Lyal, Lawrie of FFA, from Dibo. What is it with you and the protected species.

FFC Mariner

Whilst not needing an apologist (least of all me), I suspect Dibo was pointing out that nothing will ever change unless people complain.

dibo

Greenpoleffc said:
Whilst not needing an apologist (least of all me), I suspect Dibo was pointing out that nothing will ever change unless people complain.

precisely. i want to know what's going on too, but i want to know what the story is from council's end - i.e. i want to know what they have to say for themselves.

it may be that there are perfectly good reasons or it may be that the council have their thumbs well and truly wedged in their arses - not having been a resident of the coast for near on ten years i'm not sure what's going on up there.

i do know that no matter what there is more than one side to the story and that unless council are made aware of issues and complaints then nothing ever happens. if a response comes back saying that they'd love to do something but don't have the resources to do it then that in itself would be enlightening, but from time to time these complaints come up and the reply is never aired on here.

it's worth mentioning as well that if i were a professional apologist i'd probably know exactly what reasons are given and whatnot, when in reality i'm as out of the loop as the next schmo, i'm just willing to take a guess at a reasonable explanation rather than damn them on spec.

when complaints come up regarding the FFA etc. people do contact the club, the HAL, the FFA etc. and give their opinions. but when it comes to the local issues, all i personally see on here is the initial whinge, not the response.

EDIT - I also made a post recently that canvassed some of these issues.

offtheball

dibo said:
offtheball said:

Seems it was good advice from Dibo!

I have contacted both Gosford and Wyong Council re football on their fields this season.

Seems I was misinformed and it is not Wyong Council  policy to restrict use to one Friday night per month, but instead restrict the use of any one field to 25 hours per month. (introduced last season)Seems clubs or CCF have decided one possibility of working with this restriction is to play only once a month on Friday nights

extract from council email from Maureen Wilson

"Firstly, let me clarify that it is not Council's policy to restrict the use of sportsgrounds for Friday night football.  In accordance with Council's Sportsground Management Strategy and upon consultation with the community (associations and clubs) and for the longevity of playing surfaces, weekly usage of playing fields has been restricted to 25 hours per week.  This is the second year that the Sportsground Management Strategy has been in effect.

Council book the sportsgrounds to the sporting associations and it is the responsibility of the association how they delegate the use of the sportsgrounds to their members. "

My issue with Gosford Council is the fact that no Gosford Council fields have adequate lighting for night football compared to several facilities within the Wyong shire.

Council's response is that there has been far more recent development in Wyong attracting State gov funding for infrastructure associated with said development. I was told that Gosford Council is working with the state government tp provide several grounds with lighting. I do recall reading this in the Express, but iit seems to be moving at a snail's pace.

My second query related to the Ozanam Oval at Kincumber. I was told it had been delayed by recent wet weather. Well it rained at Wyong as well and the Wadalba complex has taken a quarter of the time to complete.

My apologies Dibo!

dibo

cool - at least there's some good answers there as to what's actually going on. now maybe the idea would be to press (through CCF and affiliated clubs) to invest in sufficient lights to allow night football in a number of places in GCC area - one each gosford area, erina area and woy woy area would be a good start. start sussing them out for expected costs and other issues, CCF could set up little events with the CCEA - they'd love a photo story with upset looking junior players unable to play their games, particularly later this season if we've got a wet winter and seasons get cut short. plan it ahead, and you've got more chance of putting public pressure on.

local government elections later this year too. ;)

P

Pete

dibo said:
cool - at least there's some good answers there as to what's actually going on. now maybe the idea would be to press (through CCF and affiliated clubs) to invest in sufficient lights to allow night football in a number of places in GCC area - one each gosford area, erina area and woy woy area would be a good start. start sussing them out for expected costs and other issues, CCF could set up little events with the CCEA - they'd love a photo story with upset looking junior players unable to play their games, particularly later this season if we've got a wet winter and seasons get cut short. plan it ahead, and you've got more chance of putting public pressure on.

Run for a spot Dibo, go on!

truesoccer

dibo said:

Dibo and Offtheball

Something to ponder upon. I would be wary of what the councils tell you. Not saying they do not tell  the truth but that, like any other politicians and bureaucrats, they have a way with words which can alter interpretation up to 180 degrees.As stated by Maureen the same restrictions were in last year. Despite this there was no suggestion by council that games should be restricted to one night a month. Nor as far as I can find out was it ever mentioned. Why then now? Talking to my source in CCF, what was said by council was that they were going to enforce their 25 hour restriction this year and in view of the hours being used by clubs for practice and games this would mean that Friday night games would have to come down to one night a month. I can see no reason for CCF to raise the matter unless Council did so. Status Quo would have prevailed. I have also been made aware that the bloke who does the CCF draws, love him or curse him, for where you have to paly and at what time, went completely off the planet when he heard the news. Apparently he is a life member of the CCF and has been an adversary of both councils for 25 odd years in trying to better the lot of soccer on the coast. I have been told through my club that he has advocated as far back as nearly 20 years ago, when he was a director, for clubs, players and relatives to get off their backsides and use their political might to press politicians local, state and federal to get something done about the sorry state on the coast when it come to soccer. This latest fiasco also brought out a call for action to be taken. As far as I can see it he, as also a part time employee of the CCF, would not take such a stand unless he was sure the council told this to my contact in the CCF office. I have seen a copy of his email and also heard what he has to say. Kids playing on Friday nights are not out causing mischief, not binge drinling nor taking drugs. All level of governments profess these objectives and yet we have Gosford City Council, who will not provide lights needed for night games and who have only provided one new soccer field, Kariong, over the past 25 years, and Wyong Council, who restrict times on fields to impossible levels, both putting obstacles in the way.
Most Clubs on the Coast are at saturation level or above for the number of players as compared with fields available. Do not wish to deride other sports but Councils must start to do the numbers game. Why should a sport club with say 150 members have as many fileds and the same time thereon as a soccer club up to 7 times their number of members.
Councils have allowed developement to go ahead without keeping up infrastructure. It would seem Councils are too top heavy with bureaucrats and not enough thinkers and workers.
If I was a politician, at local, state or federal level I would start to do my number counting and then start shaking. We have the numbers to make a difference. All it needs is, as the life member has apparently said to many, for a lot of people to get off their backsided and be heard.
No matter what the Council tells us the bottom line is that due to our numbers and annual increase coupled with the growth in population on the coast we need more grounds and time thereon, not more impositions on same.

truesoccer

Spud
The person we need is this life member.
His email should be published. He has the guts to stand up for people. As far as I see it he only needs backup from those associated with our great sport. What we need however is more than one representative. We surely have the numbers, last I heard we had around 13,000 players let alone family and friends. This must add up to 100,000 odd voters if not a lot more. We need a controlling interest on council. Another thing to get rid of is the Sports Council which GCC is happy to regularly put the blame back onto. Again this body is controlled by minority sports. CCF is always outvoted even though we have more members than most other Sports Council members put together.
Things must change. Councils cannot live in the past where Central Coast was primarily a holiday resort with a floating population.We are now a city. If existing people on council cannot grasp that notion and work with it maybe they are past their used by date.
If there was not the backlog support our mighty Mariners would not exist. Councillors and politicians take note.

FFC Mariner

Hey Dibo,

If we register the Marinators as a political party and run candidates in local elections is there any $$ we can get hold of??? (The P Hanson income plan)

We might then be able to form a Provisional wing to undertake the Jihad against Breeze & Shields

:)

Ted

The Wyong 25 hour restriction includes all game time and training sessions within the month..... Hence the need for clubs to make alternative training arrangements...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami