• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Wrong information

Garth

How many Platinum members realise they are eligible for 1 only bring a friend now? Half the entitlement of last season. Well before I paid my membership I conducted a few inquiries and the result was that Mariners Platinum membership would include "bring a friend" to all home games, which at the time I thought was very generous and confirmed my intention to extend my membership into the next season. Well what do you know the person (who will remain nameless) who advised me of the generous offer no longer works at the Mariners and as I was told today I was given "the wrong information". On the back of that I have cancelled my membership and have been reimbursed which I thank them for. Also I was advised that my membership pack had been dispatched and in lieu of been given "the wrong information" that I could keep my pack. Generous indeed and I thank them again, when will they get it right? So now my friends and myself will pick the matches we wish to see through the normal ticketing process. Sour grapes, call it what you like but unfortunately through their "wrong information" they have lost several new Platinum memberships.

Last edited:

Yoda

They really said you would get 1 bring a friend for each game???? That doesn't sound right, as that would effectively equal 2 memberships for the price of 1.

Garth

So it used to be 2 and now it's 1? You cancelled over a $23 ticket?
Mariners Platinum membership would include "bring a friend" to all home games, that is what I was told by ex employee Tim and I guess the reason for letting me keep members package which they say they have dispatched. I think I'll give it one of my friends boys,

Big Al

No wonder he is exemployee. No one would give that deal and why would you cancel on free tickets to someone else who won't pay. They may charge you more but not enough to give u a free seat for every game.

soccer mad

My understanding was it was always two vouchers per membership gold or platinum, pretty trivial reason to quit
Membership the club needs support ,it cannot be a charity .

localpom

Mariners Platinum membership would include "bring a friend" to all home games, that is what I was told by ex employee Tim and I guess the reason for letting me keep members package which they say they have dispatched. I think I'll give it one of my friends boys,
No business could ever be sustainable on that model. It was either a misunderstanding, or the ex employee made a mistake. Either way to hold the club responsible and cancel the membership is a bit harsh to say the least. The club needs us all to support them through thick and thin in order to be successful...every little bit we do is important. Would be great if you had a rethink Garth.

Big Al

Think there may have been a little misunderstanding here.

I have re read what you said and what I think your talking about is an entitlement to use your voucher at ANY GAME not a voucher for every game. I think the vouchers were blocked for certain games last year or year before.

Either way as a platinum member you obviously care for the team and the entertainment of it. I personally don't see the voucher as a point of difference between being a member. While in some
way it is included in your price I see it as a bonus not a necessity.

As stated above you are giving in based on bringing someone to a game who might not otherwise come if they aren't coming for free. I get the idea is to convert that friend but the last thing the club would want and we as other fans want is to loose a fellow supporter over an initiative to get more fans not loose them.

Hopefully you can see the benefits to you of being a member and reverse your decision. Why not even consider down grading your membership and using the money saved to by your +1 a ticket to the game of your choice.

Rowdy

..... use your voucher at ANY GAME not a voucher for every game. I think the vouchers were blocked for certain games last year or year before.

Just to clarify a few things.

Last season & the 9 before that I have had a Bay16 membership (Marinators/Yellow Army) which is priced exactly the same as a General Admission membership AND I RECIEVED x2 complimentary "Bring a Friend for FREE" vouchers.

So from that, I would assume, it doesn't matter whether you had a Platinum or a GA - "Bring a friend for free" vouchers were complimentary to ALL membership packages.

20150916_190948-1-1-1-1.jpg

As for being "blocked" for certain games
20150916_191451-1-1.jpg
The above letter they sent out shows vouchers were valid for ALL 11 home games & if you look closely it's due to "taking on feedback from our existing members".

Most likely a reaction from blocking x3 games the previous season (2013/14). They were the supposed 'blockbusters' - WSW & SYD FC as well as either MV or BRIS (cant remember).

I think the CCM were hoping for 'sell-outs' :rolleyes: with away support big for both the Syd.teams BUT definitely dreaming with the other.

As for them cancelling the 'Bring a friend FOR FREE' complimentary vouchers this season ....... just plain DUMB! and think Garth has a valid reason to be upset as he obviously used them, which is what the clubs overall goal was - to get more people interested in going to games.

I on the otherhand, which photo above shows, didn't use both of mine as friends & family funnily enough always managed to visit on the 'away' games. :unsure:

Hopefully you can see the benefits to you of being a member and reverse your decision. Why not even consider down grading your membership and using the money saved to by your +1 a ticket to the game of your choice.

Great suggestion !!!

Garth

No business could ever be sustainable on that model. It was either a misunderstanding, or the ex employee made a mistake. Either way to hold the club responsible and cancel the membership is a bit harsh to say the least. The club needs us all to support them through thick and thin in order to be successful...every little bit we do is important. Would be great if you had a rethink Garth.
Convinced mate to join and we have 2 memberships now

Rowdy

Convinced mate to join and we have 2 memberships now

Well done mate!

Glad you 'had a sleep on it', as a community club we need ALL the support we can get.

& Garth keep coming back here (ccfans.net fans forum) its a great place to express your views on matters such as this as well as catch up with all news, gossip and some really good football banter & of course ........
..... ALL THINGS YELLOW ! ;)

COYY
(Come... On.... You.... Yellowwwwww)

Last edited:

Timmah

Hi Garth - great to hear you're on board with another member as well despite the confusion.

It sounds like you might be referring to me above so I thought I'd try to clear the air - I think as others may have suggested you may have confused the wording used.

I left the club toward the end of July at which point CCMFC had not finalised the terms of the Bring a Friend offer, so whatever conversations I had about this with members and potential members (and I had several before my departure I can assure you!) were very clear that it hadn't been finalised - but I can assure you I would never have confirmed that Bring a Friend for Free would be available on a repeated basis to all matches - as has been suggested by others, that's essentially giving away 2 memberships for one.

Regardless of the initial confusion, I'm happy to hear that Dan was able to sort you out and you'll be back at CCS this coming season.

For anyone else wondering about how Bring a Friend will work this season - tickets go on sale tomorrow so I imagine the club will confirm those details in an email to all members.

Rowdy

It sounds like you might be referring to me above so I thought I'd try to clear the air - I think as others may have suggested you may have confused the wording used.

Kudos Timmah for having the Kahones to 'hand-up' setting the record straight.

As a bloke who could tell a tale or two once said "All's well that ends well"
as Garth's back onboard with a 1st mate.
Arghhhh :pirashoot:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred