• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

World Cup qualifying- Africa preview

David Votoupal

To be played on March 28 and 29

Group 1
Togo v Cameroon
Morocco v Gabon

Group 2
Kenya v Tunisia
Mozambique v Nigeria

Group 3
Rwanda v Algeria
Egypt v Zambia

Group 4
Sudan v Mali
Ghana v Benin

Africa adopted Asia's three-stage qualifying format. The new format was criticised for logistics given the conditions in Africa, but it proved a hit- revealing a depth of quality in African football bettered only by Europe and South America, and the shock eliminations of Senegal, Angola and DR Congo among other things. It also doubles as the 2010 Nations Cup qualifiers- hence South Africa took part in the first stage and failed miserably, pointing to a potential disaster in a World Cup they host.

It's still all very unpredictable- who knows what's going to happen in this one!

loyalist

I was very shocked that a powerhouse such as Dr Congo was knocked out early!
Just thinking about it has kept me up many a night :(

David Votoupal

Group A
Togo 1 Cameroon 0
Morocco 1 Gabon 2

Group B
Kenya 1 Tunisia 2

Group C
Rwanda 0 Algeria 0

Group D
Sudan 1 Mali 1

Group E
Burkina Faso 4 Guinea 2

Omni

Quite simply amazing the African teams we have left, going to be a fun world cup I think!

Kareem

nigeria, ivory coast, cameroon and... togo???

Egypt with a unbelievable and partly lucky 2-0 win vs Algeria, to force a playoff tie in nuetral Sudan on Wednesday!!!
Scored the first goal in 2nd minute.
Didnt score the 2nd goal, until the 95th minute!
A header past the outstretched team!
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!
I swear the celebrations are bigger than NZ's. Alas Egypt is a football mad nation.
But lol...we still have the playoff to contend with on Wednesday, celebrating should wait until then IF we qualify!

Funny scenes here at uni with my Egyptian jersey! Took my shirt off to celebrate after running around the room!

Either we go on to win on Wednesday, or we show up majorly washed up and get hammerred.
I wonder how much a ticket to Sudan is?

Man this feeling right now. Nothing like this feeling since Uruguay...
This has been only 20 years since a World Cup (compared to longer absences by Aus + NZ)
But

The street celebrations WOW!
The flares WOW! :p
The dancing, the clapping, the beeping horns, I wish I was there right now!

To think we were 1 min 20 secs away from elimination. This is what dreams are made of!

Kareem

on a sidenote.
SUCKED IN Algeria! Time-wasting tactics at its best. So many injuries...but that is the norm I suppose when u are somewhat leading...but 6 mins stoppage time was the result, and we made them pay!
Our GK was outstanding btw...could have been 2-2. I'm still buzzing!

serious14

Holy shit man - I just read why there needs to be a playoff....... and to win 2-0 to force said playoff _in the 95th minute_?!?  :eek: :eek: :eek:

Can only imagine the carnage in the stadium when that goal was scored.  ;D

*edit*  Here we go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oML_1_cYZdM

:tv:

Kareem

yea
i dunno last time such a playoff happened?
It's one of those things, your lie- that will never happened

Man stadium erupted. Chatting online to my cousin. The celebrations are just crazy over there.

In reference to the carnage...straight after kickoff following 2nd goal. The pitch was smoke...flares lol :p
And there are now the street fires brewing...the music! It means so much for the public.

And if we lose on Wednesday...it will be a sad l & twisted lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred