• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

World Cup 2018

scottmac

Suspended
I was just going through Fox Sports power rankings for the socceroos & was looking at possible teams for qualifying & the world cup if we make it. How's this for a possible team

Ryan
Williams--Sainsbury--Spiranovic--Davidson
Jedinak
Luongo--Rogic
Kruse--Juric--Leckie

Subs - Langerak, Milligan, Good, Troisi, Oar, Smith, Mooy

That's a quick look & not really choosing the subs all to well but if Ange has a fully fit squad to choose from, we should have a better, more attacking side than the one that just won the Asian cup.
I'm really looking forward to the qualifiers.

We definitely need another striker to stand up. I'm sure Cahill if he doesn't retire, will feature in the qualifiers but we will need someone to challenge Juric. I'd even look at using Rogic as a striker & bring in Milligan or even an Antonis/DeSilva/Amini

VicMariner

Too early to guess. Luongo came out of nowhere. Guys like
Panos Armenakas - Udinese
Xane Zaineddine - ?
Gian Mendez - Valencia
might make the step up.
Exciting to watch how the team evolves though.

I really hope Amini gets into the squad.

dibo

Too early to guess. Luongo came out of nowhere. Guys like
Panos Armenakas - Udinese
Xane Zaineddine - ?
Gian Mendez - Valencia
might make the step up.
Exciting to watch how the team evolves though.

I really hope Amini gets into the squad.
You're right there - The Hun in Melbourne had an article with the FFA's new TD talking about the succession planning.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/f...215265480?nk=ee892aabcd8ecf5c55a32edfa8d38bf4

New FFA technical director Eric Abrams calls for more younger teams to supplement Socceroos
  • DAVID DAVUTOVIC
  • HERALD SUN
  • FEBRUARY 10, 2015 10:21PM
262960-5a50564c-b116-11e4-90ab-ef3fd79aaa94.jpg

Eric Abrams wants Aussie teams to play more international football.

A SOCCEROOS coach will never have to sacrifice results while experimenting, Australian football’s new youth guru has declared.

FFA technical director Eric Abrams also revealed that an Under 15 youth Socceroos side would be installed as part of a youth development overhaul.

Socceroos coach Ange Postecoglou won the Asian Cup against the odds, forced to radically overhaul an ageing, declining squad in just 14 months.

In using 44 players in 12 games, he found Mat Ryan, Ivan Franjic, Trent Sainsbury, Massimo Luongo and Jason Davidson while blooding many more youngsters.

Belgian Abrams, recently appointed to replace Dutchman Han Berger, said experimentation must be done in Australian youth sides, up to the Olyroos (Under 23s).

263954-6556be62-b104-11e4-90ab-ef3fd79aaa94.jpg

Socceroos coach Ange Postecoglou will have a unique role to play.

“For me it’s unbelievable that the Socceroos head coach needs 12 months to try a lot of players to see what the best team is to bring in for the Asian Cup. This process must be done before,’’ Abrams said.

“The Belgian head coach (Marc Wilmots) can now say, these are the guys who can step up from our Olympic team (U23).

“We intend to organise more national teams (in Australia). It will benefit us if we have more younger national teams, to give more players international experience.

“The Under 17s play in the Asian Cup and can qualify for a World Cup every two years, but we won’t just have that team.

“We want to have an Under 15 and 16 and start a succession plan to the Socceroos from there.’’

Postecoglou’s unique role will see him act as the overlord for the Joeys (U17), Young Socceroos (U20) and Olyroos, while Abrams is responsible for a uniform national system up to age 16.

Abrams, a key player in overhauling Belgium’s youth system whose production line is among the best in the world - Eden Hazard (Chelsea), Kevin De Bruyne (Wolfsburg), Christian Benteke (Aston Villa) and Vincent Kompany (Manchester City) just to name a few - said coach education and communication were crucial.

“There must be a succession plan and it’s good that Ange is not only the Socceroos coach, he’s the consultant for our national teams and working together with me in the whole process,’’ he said.

“A holistic approach can make us a lot stronger, it must be one team working.

“So our under 19 coach Paul Okon must know the Under 17 players who are ready (to step up).

“There must be overlap with all the teams and good meetings and discussions.’’

VicMariner

What exciting is that the new TD has come in and not just promised a generic "keep up the good work" of HB but has a plan that will keep the momentum of National football moving forward. Helps for plebs like me that it makes sense and has an obvious benefit.
Football has come along in leaps and bounds over the last decade, how will the game look 10 years from now?

scottmac

Suspended
I can't see Ange using too many people outside the group he already has right now for the qualifiers & world cup. Maybe 2 or 3 others but unlikely IMO. K

The above is more exciting for & aimed at 2022 if you ask me.

Big Al

It's hard the young ones need to play senior players to show how good they are and also how they fit within the current team. Some could be good but don't suit the Ange system or the players around them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred