• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Wk 19 Other Games

Tevor

Boo boo with a big shank from the spot, at least Simon and Olli were on target. Gee SFC would be in trouble if Kye hadn’t gifted them a goal for a draw against us.

Ads

It is simply crazy how many games have gone our way over the last 6 weeks.

And WU play Brisbane next as well.

And Perth upset over City would make the race home a massive win for the league, have 6 teams in the title race!

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

off.jpg
There needs to be some sort of margin of error. You have to contend with movement between frames, the possibility of the VAR picking the wrong frame, and the low resolution making it difficult to pick the exact moment the pass starts or the exact right point on the body for the line.

And here's the thing - WU had a goal disallowed because VAR drew the line to the frontmost part of WU's shoulder, but only to AU's torso. That's immediately introducing several inches difference.

But even then....all I can see is the lines showing the players are in line. I honestly don't understand how that decision was made.

I'd also love for them to explain why the vertical lines are at an angle and not...well...vertical

Ozhammer

I just listened to Rudan’s presser and whilst I have no love for the guy, he mentions how we were dudded by VAR Ams on Weds for the ‘handball that wasn’t’.

The APL needs to put FA on the strongest notice possible that the officiating of games needs to be focused on and improved hugely, or it will continue to damage the image of the game and fans’ engagement with it.

Pirate Pete

There needs to be some sort of margin of error. You have to contend with movement between frames, the possibility of the VAR picking the wrong frame, and the low resolution making it difficult to pick the exact moment the pass starts or the exact right point on the body for the line.

And here's the thing - WU had a goal disallowed because VAR drew the line to the frontmost part of WU's shoulder, but only to AU's torso. That's immediately introducing several inches difference.

But even then....all I can see is the lines showing the players are in line. I honestly don't understand how that decision was made.

I'd also love for them to explain why the vertical lines are at an angle and not...well...vertical
off2.jpg

Melange

Freudian slip? Peacock definitely pronounced Bruno's surname as Fall'n'rolli last yesterday

booney

Dinosaur that I am I still subscribe to the SMH.The A-League is barely mentioned in the sports section even when there are two Sydney teams playing(Mariners games only reported when playing Smurfs,Drive Bys and Cowbell ringers and that is usually one paragraph).Last night's Sydney derby which was a pulsating match with good crowd atmosphere on the TV was not even mentioned in the Sunday edition of the paper.

The Herald is now owned by the Nine network so NRL gets the lion's share of coverage but Rugby Union( which is now on Stan,another Nine outlet) also gets a lot of space as does the aerial ping pong code ( Swans and WS Giants).

Football in Australia is getting less media coverage while there are stories about the EPL and the now aborted European Super League. We are getting back to the days when Johnny Warren wrote " Sheilas.Wogs and Poofters" as our game was relegated to a minor sport by much of the mainstream media.

Pirate Pete

Dinosaur that I am I still subscribe to the SMH.The A-League is barely mentioned in the sports section even when there are two Sydney teams playing(Mariners games only reported when playing Smurfs,Drive Bys and Cowbell ringers and that is usually one paragraph).Last night's Sydney derby which was a pulsating match with good crowd atmosphere on the TV was not even mentioned in the Sunday edition of the paper.

The Herald is now owned by the Nine network so NRL gets the lion's share of coverage but Rugby Union( which is now on Stan,another Nine outlet) also gets a lot of space as does the aerial ping pong code ( Swans and WS Giants).

Football in Australia is getting less media coverage while there are stories about the EPL and the now aborted European Super League. We are getting back to the days when Johnny Warren wrote " Sheilas.Wogs and Poofters" as our game was relegated to a minor sport by much of the mainstream media.
Before it was taken over by nine there was an article in the SMH explaining why the game would now be called football in the paper.
I see since being taken over by nine it's gone back to soccer.

Big Al

Vince Rugari (SMH) who has written some good articles on our players and a football journalist was placed at the swans over the derby. Pretty much somes it up and as good as the atmosphere was the crowd has certainly shrunk at the derby

plus did you see the piece on the project on the game and the small crowd. When the project comes in for a kick you know they smell blood

Huddo

So is it just me or is Mel city getting the SYD FC yellow card treatment, one of the hardest team's in this years league, 3 reds in the first 6 weeks, and they're now sitting at 19 yellows for the years, 1 averaged per game, 3 in the last 6, no wonder they're confident, they're untouchable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami