• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

williams is the master class in mediocre

true believer

watching the drive bys v piss ant town .
this is a master class in pure shit from BW .
there should have been a goal and 3 penalties given
both supporters must be crying .
the topo Stanley foul in the first half with the back wards thrown leg
is maybe the ungiven penalty of the year .
f'k me Freddie he's a joke

midfielder

Gotta say the standard of our refs is very poor seems to me we need to create a bigger pool I remember some time back we sent some refs to the J-League and they sent some here ...

I think FFA could do worse than spending some of the scare resources on developing a pool of refs and maybe locate them in J / K & C leagues and take a ref of each of these leagues here .... we need depth the list of errors this season is well very big...

Forum Phoenix

Agree. Love to see the faces of 30k Urawa red diamonds fans after a solid dose of Williams.

Our levels are poor. And it creates a lot of frustration and ill will. Regardless of whether you believe the errors will swing your way to balance out by seasons end - which statistically is a flawed argument - may or may not - fact is everyone is better off if there are less refereeing errors to begin with.

*EDIT

:piralaugh:

Sorry guys. On my phone and rushing without specs. Fixed.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Yeah really funny stuff missing pens. :rolleyes: It may not be life or death, but it does affect clubs and careers and ruin games for thousands of people. Hilarious.

Rowdy

missing pens. :rolleyes: It may not be life or death, but it does affect clubs and careers and ruin games

Watching Fox post game and they crossed back to the commentators after Williams admission. Bozza said,
"It's good that he came out and admitted he got them both wrong, because Coaches can lose their jobs over decisions like that"

Had to rewind whilst pissing myself, just to see the subtle change/gulp on Phil Moss's face.
Priceless. :vhappy:

SideNote: pretty darn sure Fox scheduled Moss for the game after ours expecting us to have copped a hiding from the Nix, and hoping he'd put the boot into us.

FOX: Fail
Mariners FTW.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Disallowing the goal, (not that it was disallowed, given the whistle was blown before the show) was the right decision, clear foul there. The 2 penalties (not sure what the third one is you're talking about)? Inarguable.

Still, him explaining what he thought he saw and admitting error seemed to calm a lot of neutrals down about it.

I didn't take it as him laughing about it at all myself.

Rowdy

Williams response to getting both decisions wrong.

"From my angle of where i was positioned i didnt think they were penalties, however after reviewing the footage ......"

dibo

Thank you m'Lud, dibo appearing for Beelzebub.

What alternative does the accused have other than to adjudicate matters based upon his perspective at the time?

I put it to the court that if he sees an incident and forms a view, shouldn't he either make his decision accordingly or hand the whistle to someone who will?

The risk that a person in the accused's role might later be shown to be wrong by a replay is simply an occupational hazard; one which must be cast far from the mind or else one would be struck by an inexorable paralysis, unable to decide any matter for fear of getting it wrong.

Therefore the accused did the right thing in calling as he saw it, regardless of whether evidence presented later pronged his decisions to be erroneous.

He has but his senses and his intellect - best we trust him to use them out so away with referees entirely.

The defence rests, m'Lud.

VicMariner

Thank you m'Lud, dibo appearing for Beelzebub.

What alternative does the accused have other than to adjudicate matters based upon his perspective at the time?

I put it to the court that if he sees an incident and forms a view, shouldn't he either make his decision accordingly or hand the whistle to someone who will?

The risk that a person in the accused's role might later be shown to be wrong by a replay is simply an occupational hazard; one which must be cast far from the mind or else one would be struck by an inexorable paralysis, unable to decide any matter for fear of getting it wrong.

Therefore the accused did the right thing in calling as he saw it, regardless of whether evidence presented later pronged his decisions to be erroneous.

He has but his senses and his intellect - best we trust him to use them out so away with referees entirely.

The defence rests, m'Lud.

HAL refs might indeed call it like they see it, and that is proper, but why do they make so many major mistakes? Seemingly every round?
Refs in other leagues don't seem to get it wrong so often. Do they position themselves better? Have better judgment?

Maybe our officials need better training.
midfielder made a good point above:
Gotta say the standard of our refs is very poor seems to me we need to create a bigger pool I remember some time back we sent some refs to the J-League and they sent some here ...

I think FFA could do worse than spending some of the scare resources on developing a pool of refs and maybe locate them in J / K & C leagues and take a ref of each of these leagues here .... we need depth the list of errors this season is well very big...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred