• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Who do you want to keep?

Ancient Mariner

I think it about time for this thread.
I will kick the ball off by say Birra is the first priority for a multi year deal.
Can Add or someone who knows where it is please put up the list of players and when their contracts are up please?
Maybe we could also list those who you would like to let go.

Elite

Birraz, Milan, Kim & Rowles should be the obvious ones to resign for me. I think Miller has shown more than enough to be offered a deal also. I'm happy with the recent Stensness deal too.

Ancient Mariner

I doubt we will be able to keep Kim and suspect he will return home when his suspension is up. I hope I am wrong as he is by far the best player we have on our books at present. Miller I would put #2 on my list of must sign after Birra.

Big Al

Rowles. We’ve invested to much into his development to loose him anytime soon.

Kim can go. Not because he’s not good but we have stensness who is non visa. I’d get a proper CB or winger with Kim money.

Bira and Millar probably the only other must haves

Ancient Mariner

I would like to see Nisbet get a run. He is obviously doing something right at training to be on the bench every game, but he needs some minutes.
I would like to see him tied up for at least another year.
I would also like to see Sierra given a run at #10. He will run at players and pass. His defence is too weak to be on the wing. And he can shoot.
DDS works hard but has no end product. Time for the wing?

FFC Mariner

Current contracts nothwithstanding
Birra
Miller
Rowles
GG
Stens (never at 10 though)
Nizzy (play him in a few games now to see how he goes)
Milan
Kim
Kuol (promote)
Silvera
Possibly DDS
Oar (reduced contract, adding very little at the moment)

pjennings

Current list

2020 - (15)

Birighitti, Duric, Eun-sun, Fox, Gordon, Jair, Majok, McGlinchey, Melling, Miller (Scholarship), Nisbet (Scholarship), Oar, Roberts, Shabow, Simon

2021 - (7)

Clisby, De Silva, Gallifuoco, Murray, Pearce, Rowles, Tongyik

2022 - (2)

Silvera, Stensness

booney

Birighitti,Kim,Rowles,Miller,Gordon,DDS,Stensness,Silvera,Nisbet,Duric,Gallifuoco,Roberts,Melling and Jair

turbo

Birighitti, Duric, Eun-sun, Fox, Gordon, Jair, Majok, McGlinchey, Melling, Miller (Scholarship), Nisbet (Scholarship), Oar, Roberts, Shabow, Simon

Of those Birighitti is the most important but Infear we’re making the situation worse by not winning more games. Throw some cash at him now.

Duric another obvious one unless we have to pay massive overs now he’s getting recognition. Miller has done enough for me to say sign him up again. None of the rest are big problems if they depart. If Kim goes we look to replace him with a proper senior CB.

Theres 4-5 names there that we should move on including some we’ve barely seen if at all.

Ironbark

I've been thinking about this recently too.
Considering it through a very simple lens - who has produced to the expected level vs who hasn't - I found my assessment was pretty harsh.

Lock down:
Birighitti, Duric,
Kim although I feel confident he'll leave at the end of the season when his ban is up, Miller, Nisbet, Rowles, Stensness & Silvera
Most of these have actually produced (i.e. Birraz) or are young potential worth holding on to and developing further (i.e. Nisbet).

No one else is actually cutting it at the level they're supposed to so far. I would love it if these players go on to prove me wrong for the remainder of the season.
But essentially for the rest of the players it's time to shit or get off the pot:
DDS, Oar, Ziggy, Jair, Fox, Majok, McGlinchey, Melling, Roberts, Shabow, Simon, Clisby, Gallifuoco, Murray, Pearce, Tongyik.
DDS clearly has talent but has actually produced little (Caceres anyone?), same with Oar as much as I'm a fan. I'm back and forth on Ziggy, but at the very least he's replaceable. I still need to see more of Jair as his quality is there and it may just be time is required but as things stand he hasn't actually produced much yet.

The rest - we can mostly do better unless I see more from them (Gallifuoco, Fox, Murray). Several - Pearce, Simon, McGlinchey, Clisby et al., I would argue actually make us a worse team.

So I would keep the performers and the young players displaying their potential for development and replace everyone else when suitable options arise unless they step up in the meantime

Forum Phoenix

I would like to see Nisbet get a run. He is obviously doing something right at training to be on the bench every game, but he needs some minutes.
I would like to see him tied up for at least another year.
I would also like to see Sierra given a run at #10. He will run at players and pass. His defence is too weak to be on the wing. And he can shoot.
DDS works hard but has no end product. Time for the wing?

This nails it for me. I think put Silvera in the middle and watch the creative spark happen. And unlike DDS he can find the net. Good for a decent amount of goals I think if he's getting 90 minutes in the middle.

Agree with what's been said. Birra, Rowles, Djuric, Kim, Miller, Oar (is out soon right?) would be my priorities. Maybe Jair, as he's decent on the wing too - but prefer to see how things play out a bit more first.

GG for another year I'm not excited about as I'd prefer to develop Nisbet. And with Kim, Duric, Stens we have enough mids of this ilk.Agree with FFC, WTF with Stens at ten. Play Silvera there.

Defensively I was really liking Fox early on and felt he was a key part of our best defensive performances and it's a shame he's fallen out. Not convinced by Ziggy. He's had some blinders and some shockers and now I get nervous when it's up to him. Really I want another seasoned calm huge technical Dutch CB.

But there really are quite a few players we can reasonably hope to upgrade on that are currently in the squad.

midfielder

Thanks to PJ this is the starting point.

2021 - (7)

Clisby, De Silva, Gallifuoco, Murray, Pearce, Rowles, Tongyik

2022 - (2)

Silvera, Stensness

So we are starting with Clisby, Murray, Tongyik, Pearce, who would not be on my keep list.

So in summary this is the starting point, with bold wishing they were not and DDS just in.

Clisby, De Silva, Gallifuoco, Murray, Pearce, Rowles, Tongyik, Silvera, Stensness

From our squad I would keep if possible, Birighitti,Kim, Duric, Miller, Oar

Roberts, Nisbet, need some more game time...

With a side that had these players,

De Silva, Gallifuoco, Rowles, Silvera, Stensness, Birighitti, Kim, Duric, Miller & Oar... a decent side could be build add a quality striker and CB to that squad and its looking better....

onto it

I know that most must go. There is so much dead wood in the squad. A combination of players who are taking the club for a ride, who don't put in the work to improve their fitness and form, and those who just don't have enough talent to be there in the first place.
I think Staj is doing a good job with the (mostly) crap hand he has been dealt. I am not sure he is the kind of coach who can lift poor palyers out of their slumber though.
In my view only half the starting line up deserve to be in the A-league. A few shouldn't be playing football at all.
Birighitti, Duric, Mller, Stensness are the only definites for me. We need a new back line and new forwards as well.

Last edited:

scottmac

Suspended
I'm going to take a different tack and list those i don't want to see given another contact.

Majok, McGlinchey, Melling, Shabow, Simon.

2 forwards, 3 midfielders to be replaced by 2 forwards, 2 midfielders and a class defender.

Those 5 above are earning the type of money that they should be 1st team contributors on a regular basis. I reckon Staj could do some damage with the money among those 5 and we'd be a very competitive team.

Extend the rest.

marinermick

Macarthur in next season which dilutes the player pool. We have to be careful who we let go knowing there would be a better replacement.

I am with scottmac above. Simon and McGlinchey definites as they free up coin. Likewise Majok as I suspect he is not on minimum wage. Ditto Melling and Jair.

Shabow can go. Gordon too if on big coin.

Then you will probably have some departures like Kim, Oar (perhaps) and Djuric.

That should give you some wiggle room to recruit without another total rebuild.

localpom

I'm going to take a different tack and list those i don't want to see given another contact.

Majok, McGlinchey, Melling, Shabow, Simon.

2 forwards, 3 midfielders to be replaced by 2 forwards, 2 midfielders and a class defender.

Those 5 above are earning the type of money that they should be 1st team contributors on a regular basis. I reckon Staj could do some damage with the money among those 5 and we'd be a very competitive team.

Extend the rest.
Think that is probably about right. Everyone else is either performing or has potential to. The last thing we need is another massive shake up....Staj with 3 or 4 more first team footballers would turn us into a top 6 team.

Melange

I think people are way too hard on Murray. I think he shows great potential. He has to work his butt off to get the ball and more often than not then has defenders to beat, let's face it our service to our strikers hasn't been overly fantastic since he got here. The weekend game was the first time I was really disappointed with him, I think there were 2 chances he should have taken and that first touch over the backline was a bit embarrassing.

He does some great work to set other players up, I think he's a good long term project. Give him, Jair and Duric more minutes together and I think we'll be dangerous.

I wonder what the plan is with Nesbit. Way too small for DM, are they preparing him for an attacking mid role? If so, stop playing Simon in the last 10-15 and shift players to give Nis a chance.

Completely agree with ScottMac, some roster stability pleeeeaaase. Give some of these guys a chance to become club legends and only change 4-5. I really think we're a LB away from a very good team.

My main concern now is that we haven't locked in some obvious signings, Birra, Duric, Oar and Millar.

Note to WeeMac and Simon, please retire gracefully, like NOW.

Ancient Mariner

Having given the topic a bit more thought, I will give my thoughts on the entire list of those who finish this year.

Birighitti: sign him, whatever it takes.
Duric: I would sign him for another year as long he does not break the bank. Although he is one of our best players, I do not rate quite as highly as many here.
Eun-sun; I would love to keep him and say whatever it takes but I suspect he will be keen to return home and will be offered as much there as our entire budget.
Gordon: re-sign, he is definitely good quality and hopefully not too expensive.
Fox: if he has got his head in the right place, he is one who could develop. The best centre backs have old heads.
Jair: I have seen enough to keep him for another year as long as the price is right.
Majok: No
McGlinchey: No
Melling: No
Miller: Sign him asap.
Nisbet: Although he has not played many minutes, I think by the number of times he has sat on the bench and what I saw of him pre season I would definitely offer him a contract now.
Oar: I suspect the Club has made a reasonable offer and if someone else outbids us so be it. He is an excellent winger but definitely not a fullback. If he accepts our offer I will be pleased, if he does not I will not be shattered.
Roberts: ?????????????
Shabow: No
Simon: No

As well there are 2 or 3 on the 2021 list I would be happy to tell that they are free to look elsewhere.

Insertnamehere

Having given the topic a bit more thought, I will give my thoughts on the entire list of those who finish this year.

Birighitti: sign him, whatever it takes.
Duric: I would sign him for another year as long he does not break the bank. Although he is one of our best players, I do not rate quite as highly as many here.
Eun-sun; I would love to keep him and say whatever it takes but I suspect he will be keen to return home and will be offered as much there as our entire budget.
Gordon: re-sign, he is definitely good quality and hopefully not too expensive.
Fox: if he has got his head in the right place, he is one who could develop. The best centre backs have old heads.
Jair: I have seen enough to keep him for another year as long as the price is right.
Majok: No
McGlinchey: No
Melling: No
Miller: Sign him asap.
Nisbet: Although he has not played many minutes, I think by the number of times he has sat on the bench and what I saw of him pre season I would definitely offer him a contract now.
Oar: I suspect the Club has made a reasonable offer and if someone else outbids us so be it. He is an excellent winger but definitely not a fullback. If he accepts our offer I will be pleased, if he does not I will not be shattered.
Roberts: ?????????????
Shabow: No
Simon: No

As well there are 2 or 3 on the 2021 list I would be happy to tell that they are free to look elsewhere.
Ticks the boxes for me.

jacobsfl

These are the players I would like to keep beyond this season

Birighitti - indispensable, resign at all costs.
Pearce
Munford

Gordon - must resign, fan favourite
Tongyik
Rowles
Miller

Stens
Kim (has 15 game ban in SK so doubt he'll want to return)
DDS (pay good money)
Nisbet
Shabow (thought he looked good last season, feel he's been unlucky not to have seen first-team football this season)

Jair (if he proves himself)
Harold
Murray
Roberts
Kuol
Ruiz-Diaz

Players I'm unsure about
Wee Mac (if he has something left in the tank)
SS (commitment issues)
Majok (unsure if he has the talent)
Melling (determination is there but I think that ship sailed)
Duric (same as SS)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami