• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

WHERE TO WATCH THE HEARTS GAME

promdi442

I dont have Foxtel and I was wondering where I was going to watch the game against Hearts on Thursday night. Well that has been taken care of with the email from Mark Rowett this morning.

Welcome to the 2010/11 Hyundai A-League Season.
SEASON SIX IS HERE!
Round 1 will see the Mariners take on the new Melbourne Heart in the opening match of the season.
The Central Coast Mariners, in conjunction with Wyong RSL, will be hosting a special exclusive Members 'Live Site' at Club Tuggerah for the side's opening match, next  Thursday, 5 August.

'It's a great initiative by the club, and by Club Tuggerah, and I know the players that will be attending will be looking forward to catching up with Members ahead of our opening home game on August 15, said Mariners Head Coach Graham Arnold.

The match kicks off at 7:30pm live on the big screen, and Mariners Members will have the opportunity to mix with squad members not travelling to Melbourne at the event, while Assistant Coach Tony Walmsley will conduct a Question and Answer session with some of the squad members.

Plans for the Mariners Centre of Excellence development will be on display, and along with activities and giveaways, the night will also be a great opportunity for Members to discuss the new season with their fellow Members and some of the players.

Members will also be able to sign up for their complimentary Wyong RSL Club Tuggerah membership on the night.

Club Tuggerah has full bar and bistro facilities available, and children are also welcome to attend.

Sounds like a great initiative by the club. I will definitely be there. Bring on Season 6. Let's hope we start in the best possible way 

tsd

the pub at east gosford does mariners games on a few big screens, good atmosphere there too

tyson

I'm heading more toward leagues club. Haven't got spare coin to get my season ticket yet and I'm pretty keen for bread and butter pudding at All You Can Eat.

MagpieMariner

I normally watch away games with my son-in-law on his Foxtel(when he invites me around :rolleyes: ), but he starts work hours earlier the next morning than I do, so a trip up to Tugs is looking quite attractive, esp with the chance to meet some of the guys. I'll give it some hard thought.

Dutch Wives

Will be listening to the commentary stream in my apartment. Fingers crossed my neighbour will be kind enough not to use the net at those hours so the feed won't be choppy.

batman

Hi grahamh. Our guys think they have it sorted in the Kendall. We bought a new wide screen for the projector, and had no complaints at the World cup function.( I did know exactly what you wre on about, but couldn't do it at the time)

Unfortunately tonights game will be on the big screen in the All Stars. We will start away games at the Kendall again with full bar service and familly friendly once I get the interest feedback.

So let me know.

Charles
CCLC

gull

Has anyone seen the screen at Tuggerah? (I'm on my Widescreen HD high-horse again).

1. Is the screen wide?
2. If so, is the picture displayed 16:9 ratio, or just a 4:3 picture stretched across it?
3. Is it HD, or just SD?
3. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

At CCLC, despite the big screen, we always miss out on the action to the left and right, which can be quite significant. Most pubs and clubs have the same problem, and don't understand what I'm getting at, ("that's how the Foxtel man set it up").

Word is no big screen at Tuggerah for tonight as it didn't arrive in time.

Still be great to have an official Mariners home base to watch these games - I'll be there!

kevrenor

There was a big screen, but, as I suspected, it was awful - dark, no colour, and had the narrow format spread over a wide rear-projected screen.

The adjacent small 4:3 screen was a bit better, and the widescreen on the wall had a decent picture, but again with short, fat people. Aaaarrgggh!!

Sounds like Charles is way ahead on this one.

gull

There was a big screen, but, as I suspected, it was awful - dark, no colour, and had the narrow format spread over a wide rear-projected screen.

The adjacent small 4:3 screen was a bit better, and the widescreen on the wall had a decent picture, but again with short, fat people. Aaaarrgggh!!

The only saving grace was the match result!

Yeah - sorry. I had been told there wasn't going to be a big screen at all. Let's hope it was only temporary as it was awful, but it was great to see every telly in the place tuned to the match and all the Mariners gear everywhere. The staff were all in Mariners gear too and it had a real clubhouse feel.

Definitely my new home base for away games that I can't get to.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred