• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

When is a 4-2-3-1 not a 4-2-3-1?

marinermick

Picked this up from the jets forum:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/jun/24/the-question-brazil-4-2-3-1

interesting read

Kareem

good read!

I prefer to think of it as a 4-2-3-1, but am fully aware of its possibility as a 4-4-2 (diamond)

a lot of formations are like this
Very rare to see anyone with a rigid formation!

Sort of offtopic
anyways, lately I have changed my fav formation from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1 (probably to accomodate big 3- kaka, messi, ronaldo :p)
NB: Not PIM style :p

Had another paragraph but have moved it to this thread (in order not to make this thread go offtopic) (The Dreamteam thread)
http://marinators.net/forum/index.php?topic=1692.new#new

marinermick

Kareem said:
good read!

I prefer to think of it as a 4-2-3-1, but am fully aware of its possibility as a 4-4-2 (diamond)

a lot of formations are like this
Very rare to see anyone with a rigid formation!

Sort of offtopic
anyways, lately I have changed my fav formation from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1 (probably to accomodate big 3- kaka, messi, ronaldo :p)
NB: Not PIM style :p

Had another paragraph but have moved it to this thread (in order not to make this thread go offtopic) (The Dreamteam thread)
http://marinators.net/forum/index.php?topic=1692.new#new

too true

people get really huffity about formations but do not realise that they often change mid-game to suit situations

the mariners are often criticised for going 4-4-2 but in essence it moves around from 4-3-2-1 in defence to 3-4-3 in attack and rarely sits on 4-4-2

the most interesting part of that article states as soon as coaches start coaching one system for the match the players lose perspective of the big team picture, concentrate on their own roles too much and team harmony suffers

FFC Mariner

Given that we may well not be the best 11 in the HAL next season, I reckon a 4321 would give us the strong central spine we are going to need.

Cb's wilko and Doig
DM's Pedj & Huke
CM Travis
Striker Dylan

Strat will a point, you need to make sure you get at least a point (J Charlton)

dibo

FFC Mariner said:
Given that we may well not be the best 11 in the HAL next season, I reckon a 4321 would give us the strong central spine we are going to need.

Cb's wilko and Doig
DM's Pedj & Huke
CM Travis
Striker Dylan

Strat will a point, you need to make sure you get at least a point (J Charlton)

Remember that next season is 27 weeks too - the longer the season, the greater the priority on stability, stability, stability. Having multiple options everywhere and having a coherent system week-to-week is vital.

We may not *need* the best first 11 in the league, but our second 11 will need to be very competitive.

scottmac

Suspended
dibo said:
We may not *need* the best first 11 in the league, but our second 11 will need to be very competitive.

This is a great point. Would love to see a line up of second 11's across the clubs. Will do some research.

Kareem

well i have been posting my mariners lineup in 4-2-3-1  (I cringe at thought of 4-3-2-1, mainoy because I am anti-defensive)- that said if it could mean difference between crap season, and an ok one, then a possibility

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred