• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What's Happening to Our Forum

midfielder

Our forum is becoming noticeably smaller in postings and new threads. I went on to one of the other Mariner forums a few weeks back and they have even less movement than we do…

I also concede that a number of past regular posters have moved on to other things.. However FFA, Jesus, Serious and a number of other regular posters have moved on to the other forum..

This is their choice and I respect that … the end result is we have a number of weak forums which in time will more than likely mean they all almost cease to exist and struggle to attract new members…

I have no idea of how this all started … my guess it is all over penis size … who has got the biggest dick and who can insult the other either online or at the match, and not expect the recipient not to react… or who is the most right … or who is the smartest … my guess it is like arse holes everyone has an opinion.

The hardest part about these things is those arguing over who has the biggest penis actually hold the answer .. meaning they kiss makeup … or better still learn to live together within the confines of some agreed code of behaviour beyond what you can put in forum rules…

The next hardest part is to respect the other person’s opinion even if you think they are dead wrong… or a dead shit ..

My suggestion is a forum challenge match with the winner’s captain being made forum king for a month on the CCMFANS forum… and the loosing team or teams providing two slabs of beer for the two sides to enjoy after the game… I am happy to be ref for the match or play stopper for a half for each side .. this way I get the beer for free …

If a meeting of the minds is impossible to settle as the penis size thing becomes all to hard then .. it’s OK I understand and will do what many others have done in the past join other forums like 442 or the Roar and sometimes look at a slowing forum…

What would make me happy is an expanding and creative forum that excites and invites by its tone / discussions / and new threads new members. Alas it is not looking that way...

BTW if you are a swinger between Mariner forums could you copy this to the other Mariner forums...

Roy Law

Penises and arseholes? Maybe that's the answer? BTW other club's forum have shown the same decline. Perhaps the penises have moved to Facebook and the arseholes to Twitter, or does it simply reflect the crowd numbers at the games?

nero

The Forum is representing the AL atm. At its lowest ebb. If we don't turn the corner in the net 2 seasons its back to the NSL days.

northernspirit

im one of those who for several factors have gone from a regular poster to someone who pretty much just reads posts, the place has slowed down - now ive got 2 kids and a gf with another 2 it doesnt leave as much time for me however i hope this place does pick up... i dont see the need for 2 forums personally - a bit like our supporter bay, we are too small to be creating smaller splinter groups

Ted

still here and a regular reader daily, minimal poster as I have always been...

garlo

I'm here a few times a day but have stepped up my posting lately ...but it definitely has slowed down overall

style_cafe

I`ve only been here for a few months but I love this forum.It`s now my Number one site.(Just in front of VOYEURWEB)...lmao
I read most of the posts & admire the knowledge of some of the contributers.
So don`t stop writing you guys!!! you keep me informed & help my sanity.

T

So many things I could say...
Best not.

Then why bother posting at all?

Its true that many people who used to post have moved on, but I know of many other people who don't post still visit the site and read it. There were a few problems last season with people who would bag anyone out just for the sake of it and often the treads would deteriortate into viterol. This has eased off alot.

And has been stated in previous threads about the state of the forum, forum usage all throughout the WWW has dropped off. :angry:

adz

Staff member
I just moved this out of "Central Coast Mariners FC generally" - wasn't sure whether it should go in the supporter groups board or here (ccmfans.net), the original post talks about supporter group splits but I guess the main theme is the forum(s) being quiet so it's here now.

Jimmy

Adz. I just get sick of people commenting on things they don't know about. Especially when they think they have the answer.

priorpeter

A bit like the A-League, the numbers might be down, but the quality is up. There might not be as many posts now but there is a whole lot less shit like this:

Shit? My posts are shit? I'm hurt. Was legitimately answering a question.

Atomic

Adz, thank you for removing this thread from "Central Coast Mariners FC generally". Pro-active moderation will help the forum to flourish. As you can see, this is already starting to degenerate into a slanging match between the usual suspects. Please, please, please ensure that legitimate football debate remains just that and arguments about penis size (as Midfielder so eloquently puts it) gets buried in the nether regions of the forum. I'm sick of threads being hijacked by bitter, small-minded insults between an insignificant few.

As for MF's original post, I've always been a fan of quality over quantity. Lately, we've had some really good and insightful observations about the Mariners performances. There is nothing wrong with this forum. People will join once they see that common sense is valued and a difference of opinion is acceptable. IMO, it aint broke... so dont panic. We are who we are, a small club with plenty of ticker and ccmfans.net reflects that.

Forum Phoenix

I love this forum and it has lessened in activity, but as ADZ said it has increased in value for me - though some of the old posters are for mine still missed.

Myself, I left for about a year at one point, when I got a bit sick of the bullshit and negativity that was going on with too much frequency to justify spending my time on here. But I sincerely do feel that as a forum we are definitely moving in the right direction in a football sense now - as the level of debate an analysis has genuinely improved in my opinion, with a lot more rational and intelligent informed debate v emotional ranting, blaming and witch hunting - which I can't stand.

Increased numbers would be nice, but I also suspect now when new people come on here that they will be more inclined to stay and our numbers will therefore grow as a result.

dibo

My gut feeling is that numbers are well up since September or so. Adz will have all the numbers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred