• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What the....?!!!

Atomic

I'm sure you'll eventually get to see this at sometime in your life but the hand ball last night in the Matildas game was THE weirdest thing I have ever seen in a football match. I dont know how to insert the video, but if you go to the smh site, you'll be able to view it.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/football/matildas-hard-done-by-as-referee-misses-blatant-handball-20110704-1gxrb.html

Speaking of odd things during football games... what's the oddest thing you've seen happen on the pitch?

midfielder

So glad this has not had a material effect on the Norway match ... but what an error...

Oddest thing I can recall ... was playing at Smithfield on day and there had been weeks of rain ... anyway we started to watch the game after ours ... when suddenly all the players around the ball stopped playing and were pointing at the ground...

A dumped car from years before came raising out of the ground... stopped when about one third visible...

style_cafe

So glad this has not had a material effect on the Norway match ... but what an error...

Oddest thing I can recall ... was playing at Smithfield on day and there had been weeks of rain ... anyway we started to watch the game after ours ... when suddenly all the players around the ball stopped playing and were pointing at the ground...

A dumped car from years before came raising out of the ground... stopped when about one third visible...
You`re showing your age now Midfielder....
I remember hearing that story in the late 70`s early 80`s.It was not long after Smithfield RSL moved from Smithfield Park onto the Brennan road complex.
It used to be the old tip..
Who did you play for?

style_cafe

I`n the days when I was president of Eschol Park SC, I was on the sideline talking to some of the parents. The kids had been warming up for there game u/10s & there were about 6 of us chatting when one of the ladies yelled "look out"!.
We all turned to see what was going on.
One of the kids had kicked the ball high into the air & it was heading straight for us but was obviously going to drop short .
One of the dad`s(Nev) took off towards the ball & as it came down he lept high into the air (read about 6inches) & headed the ball brilliantly.

It was a shame that the kids had already kicked off & Nev was now standing 15m into the field of play!!!

The ref awarded a drop ball,Nev was red faced for a week & we`ve been giving it to him for 15years....lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred