• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What is the Salary Cap?

pjennings

Can anyone tell me

a) What is the level of the Salary Cap this year
b) How are we placed in regards to it - e.g. close or $200,000 under
c) Is it going to be increased for next year
d) Is this all dependent on whether there is a Youth League

Atomic

Are player contracts a matter of Public record? Am I entitled to find out how much each player is being paid or is it confidential?

brett

Atomic said:
Are player contracts a matter of Public record? Am I entitled to find out how much each player is being paid or is it confidential?

Confidential but you will find most of these things out if you keep a close eye on forums and media.

Jocwa08

Each club can have a maximum squad of 23 players with a salary cap of AU$1.8 million for the whole squad - much less than the millions of dollars a year that individual star players (including a few Australians) earn in Europe's top football leagues. The minimum number of players on each squad is 20. The squad must include at least three under-20 players. Clubs may also only have a maximum of four internationals (from outside Australia and New Zealand) in their squad.

Wikipedia :)

AUFC_fan

its so that clubs dont go bankrupt so quickly like in the old NSL there was no salary cap.  i think they should keep it for a couple of years just to let the league settle and then get rid of it.

Atomic

AUFC_fan said:
its so that clubs dont go bankrupt so quickly like in the old NSL there was no salary cap.  i think they should keep it for a couple of years just to let the league settle and then get rid of it.
A salary cap works well in the NRL to keep the competition even. Look at the number of different winners over the last 10 years. I don't think we can dispense with the cap... EVER. Lets face it, we'll never compete with the European clubs when it comes to finances and we'll lose players seeking higher pay packets, but at least they'll have a viable competition to return to.

Tassiemariner

Just make the cap as big as the NRL or AFL one in the years ahead. Simple.
There we have even competition yet a big enough budget for the big players.
Also keep the Marquee rule but not the replacement player rule.

Atomic

Yep, I like the marquee rule. One other thing about the NRL cap that I've been arguing for years (well, crapping on about for years... :)) is a concession for developing local juniors. We should be rewarded for bringing up young local talent through our academy. Also a concession for players that stay with the one club for "x" number of years. This should ensure that SFC get no concessions whatsoever  :-*

fish

No intentional sarcasm but do Sydney have a Youth Academy similar to ours, anyone know??

Jocwa08

I dont think they should scrap the Salary Cap,
It keeps a fair comp, yeah its a pretty small cap
but its V3 it will increase over the next couple of years
if it is scrapped it would be Lowry's FC VS Turnbulls Mariners
Every year because of the money they folk out.
I think the injury replacement is an awesome rule,
It got us Aloisi and Ceccoli, it got Newcastle Laybutt
It is bringing more qualilty players for Europe and
in adeliade's example bringing talented state players
in, with the recent signings of Fabian Barbiero and Daniel Mullen
From the state teams, i think it is a good rule that
should stay in place.
As for the cap it will grow over the next couple of years as the
league gets even bigger, with new teams, more fans, etc.
I dont think we will ever compare to English or German money
but we would have a fair pay packet for our players

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami