• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What Football is really about

Roy Law

This was ;posted prior to the Man U Man City game - The police and the FA chose that day to issue appeals for calm at tonights derby showdown between City and Manchester United. And you know what I thought when I heard those appeals? I thought I dont want calm. I dont want morons throwing golf balls or darts. But I dont want calm, either. I dont want polite applause. I dont want an emasculated atmosphere. I dont want fans or players to be silenced. I dont want supporters to be worried theyre going to be chucked out by a steward if they stand up to cheer on their team. This game means a lot to a lot of people. It's part of a rich seam that runs through people's lives. Don't patronise them by telling them to calm down. Thats all part of the reason why so many people are raging against what football in this country is becoming. Its not just the greed of the Premier League and the mismanagement of so many club owners. Its the way the authorities are scared of passion in football now. Its true. Theyre scared. Theyre alarmed that this tie between City and United has ignited so many emotions. It makes them feel uncomfortable. They want football to be airbrushed and choreographed. They want it to be a product. They dont want anything that might hurt the brand or put off the corporates. I dont want that. I want tonight to be tribal and fiery and controversial. I want it to be crackling with tension and nerves and hostility. I want it to be bedlam at Old Trafford. I hope Gary Neville and Carlos Tevez go at it again. At least they care about the game. At least they feel some of the same passion the fans feel. Weve got enough players who are afraid to say boo to a goose already. Enough of them who wont say anything in case it scares off a sponsor. Whats the problem with one man giving a mild opinion about the others worth and the other telling him to shut his trap? And so what if Neville gave Tevez the finger? Is that really so bad? How prudish, how controlling and constricting some observers of the sport have become. The city of Manchester has waited more than a generation for this rivalry to become real again. Its been a long time since City have been genuine challengers to United. But now the rivalrys back, lets not dilute it. Lets revel in it. This may come as an unpleasant surprise to the men in suits who have been trying for many years now to rip football away from its traditional base. But the game in this country is still about more than how much gear you can sell in the club superstore and how high you can raise the season ticket price. The fans that football used to belong to arent ready to let it go yet. For them, its not a fad or a fashion. Its with them in their living and its with them in their dying. Thats why tonight is not a night to be calm. Its a night to lose yourself in the visceral joy football can bring, the kind of joy that can stay with you for 34 years.

I have highlighted some areas that pertain to the Gold Coast stoush and football in general in this country

FFC Mariner

Note well Coastie Boyz when Culina is next in town.

Throw 2 bottles, when he dodges one, lob the 2nd right behind it.

FFC Mariner

They want it to be a product. They dont want anything that might hurt the brand or put off the corporates. I dont want that. I want tonight to be tribal and fiery and controversial. I want it to be crackling with tension and nerves and hostility

SFS on 14th Feb should be a great example of this

LFCMariners

Am going with one of my Sydney supporting mates. He wants to stand in the Cove, so I'll most likely join him there. Wearing Mariners gear would be like having a giant target on my back, but I'll make sure nobody could ever think I am a Smurf.

Hopefully this one lives up to the hype and doesn't end up being a 0-0 handbags at 20 paces affair.

Jimmy

LiverpoolMariners said:
Am going with one of my Sydney supporting mates. He wants to stand in the Cove, so I'll most likely join him there. Wearing Mariners gear would be like having a giant target on my back, but I'll make sure nobody could ever think I am a Smurf.

Hopefully this one lives up to the hype and doesn't end up being a 0-0 handbags at 20 paces affair.

I wouldn't do that if I were you.

marinermick

Jimmy said:
LiverpoolMariners said:

I wouldn't do that if I were you.

I wouldn't wear colours either. Always thinking of our bogan scummers up north wearing their jets jerseys in the away crowd against us when they are not playing

FFC Mariner

LiverpoolMariners said:
Ha- no, that's what I meant. Not a hint about who I support while I am there.  ;)

At a Syd/Melb game in the cove there wont be any "neutrals" I suggest standing to the side might be a good idea.

LFCMariners

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vctCrtxfLxY&feature=related

Granted this is a 2 year old clip, but it gives you some idea of the animosity and numbers between these two sides. There's plenty more of them on youtube!

FFC Mariner

Strange, they are wearing colours, how hard core can they be?

ps - young kids are not the MV fans you need to watch out for

serious14

A few of us wore colors at the front of the Cove in Newcastle once, they were surprisingly receptive - although it made for an amusing photo in the SMH the next day....

*Wall of Blue*
*Wall of Blue*
*Wall of Blue*
*Yellow*

;D

LFCMariners

FFC Mariner said:
Strange, they are wearing colours, how hard core can they be?

ps - young kids are not the MV fans you need to watch out for

Yeah, I looked for a clip that was as un-biased as possible and showed both sets of fans. Many of the others are just about the BWB or The Cove.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami